Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Great News I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Great News I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Great News I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Great News I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Great News I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Great News I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Great News I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Great News I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Great News I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Great News I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Great News

Go down 
+6
MikeO
bigbird
DennisB
Opalsboy
AAAA
Skippy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:17 am

I've just received a great message from the 'UK Veterans Association' telling me that at last Bin Laden has been caught! Saddly the swine was killed during a fire fight - it would've been nice to get him on trial for his crimes and then watch him dance on the end of a rope!

Anyway confirmation it was him has been made by DNA.

God Bless all his victims and those who have served, or still serving in Iraq & Afganistan fighting his evil organisation to keep us all safe.

Later, I will party hearty, pleased at his passing and then sleep a little better tonight Smile

Cheers All. One Happy (retired) Squaddie Smile
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:57 am

On the justice standpoint, im glad he's dead. There would have been a 10 year long, 24 hour a day media circus, surrounding any trial that took place.Costing who knows how many millions of dollars, and made him a celebrity. The last thing i want to do is have to listen to him, or his mouthpieces for the next decade. And of course his healthcare would have been free as well
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:25 am

Amen Tagg... the scum bag got what he deserved. Now the rest of the murderers of babies and innocents can be taken care of as needed. Justice was served with his death.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:33 am

I just read they took a DNA test from the body to confirm it was him and then tossed the body over board. No dought gave some poor shark a bad case of the runs.

HURRRRRRY !!! SLEEP WELL TONIGHT WORLD!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:42 am

I would want to see a few pictures of the corpse just for personal reassurance.
Good riddance to that pestilence.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:57 am

Yes; one does ask why it was buried at sea.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:37 am

MikeO wrote:
probably to prevent his grave site becoming some sort of sick shrine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:29 am

Indeed that's the reason given in the Press here but I'd have thought it a bit premature to dump the corpse in the sea - it could have been more publically identified then cremated and the ashes scattered at sea.

What's happened gives me an uneasy feeling and will give the 'conspiracy theorists' a field-day.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:46 am

DennisB wrote:
I just read they took a DNA test from the body to confirm it was him and then tossed the body over board. No dought gave some poor shark a bad case of the runs.

Not to worry about the sharks. For the same reason they won't eat a lawyer -- professional courtesy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:46 am

joncallihan wrote:
DennisB wrote:

Not to worry about the sharks. For the same reason they won't eat a lawyer -- professional courtesy.

Nor will they eat clowns - something to do with the funny taste!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Mike, I'm sure they kept a good size piece of him, like his head. Just in case.

Know this to be true... I line is forming of mean old US ARMY Drill Sergeants and Marine Corps Drill Instructors. They will be kicking his souls ass from now until eternity. I know a couple of them that are all ready in line to do the honor.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Dennis,

I should imagine that every Razz Man since Centurion was a rank (and not a tank) in the British Army is probably there too - pace sticks at the ready! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:25 pm

joncallihan wrote:
MikeO wrote:
probably to prevent his grave site becoming some sort of sick shrine.

Agree, to make his land grave a focal point for pilgrims to worship would only make for a bad memory.

I only hope that a sleeping giant hasn't been woken. The head of the snake has been removed but how many eggs have been hatched in the last 10 years?

Still a good day. BZ to all the SF guys and support troops involved. Bet they are mega proud folk this day.

Last edited by Waspie on Tue May 03, 2011 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Comparing the Taliban to snakes is very appropriate. But decent people can't let the threat of retaliation deter our resolve to stamp out the whole nest. Heads, tails, eggs, mamas and the papas.... all have to be eradicated. The Nazis were just before my time, but I suspect that the fear that they instilled in their day was very similar to the fear we have of the Islamic terrorists today. The Nazi machine seemed powerful and invincible at the time. But through the determination and resolve of the opposition forces, they were eliminated. Same has to happen with the present threat to peace. Sacrifices have to be made. Some folks are going to die. But there are things under the sun that are worse than death.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:42 pm

I venture to suggest that one of the chief problems is that the Islamic extremists hold their lives as little worth. Indeed, dying to destroy non-believers is considered a virtue and for them is considered the direct path to Heaven ( as we all know).
While they are eager to die for the cause it is almost impossible to eradicate them - suicide bombers can operate without very much back-up.

Sorry to seem so pessimistic but unless Society, not governments, acts to stem the Muslim Tide, all is lost.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Mike... I believe your quote of Edmund Burke in your signature pretty well sums it up. We can either do "nothing" or we can get involved and turn the evil around.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:46 pm

It was great news when I heard it and congratulate our men & women in uniform. And I mean those serving in all the other countries involved. I bet all the countries involved are very happy with this and hope they all stay safe too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:49 am

[quote="MikeO"]I venture to suggest that one of the chief problems is that the Islamic extremists hold their lives as little worth. Indeed, dying to destroy non-believers is considered a virtue and for them is considered the direct path to Heaven ( as we all know).

No problem, we should hold their lives as worth little too and act accordingly. Let's help many more of them to find Allah!

I find it pathetic to hear so many on the television saying that violence just breeds violence and we shouldn't kill the swine. Those kind of people apparently don't know much history. Appeasement didn't help Chamberlin with Hitler much. I say yank their chains to get them riled up so we can see who they are and deal with them.

I do think they shouldn't have buried OBL at sea. The US should have made a shrine in the Sahara Desert with his body. Once a large enough pilgrims had arrived a bit of carpet bombing from a B52 would have been just the ticket to heaven for a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:48 am

exavid wrote:
I do think they shouldn't have buried OBL at sea. The US should have made a shrine in the Sahara Desert with his body. Once a large enough pilgrims had arrived a bit of carpet bombing from a B52 would have been just the ticket to heaven for a lot of them.

And when you wake up and find the world is populated in the main by good, honest forthright people with a sense of true justice and not just a desire to bomb the crap out of others.

I'm glad the rag head is dead. I believe death was the only option. I also believe the choice of final rest was right. His followers will find 'Allah' by fair means or foul.

I simply wish to see my pension, ride my Silver Wing and to die happily in my bed. Life is too short to get wrapped up with this small episode in the history of our planet.

Lets move on. Let the politicians carry out the autopsy and plot the next step towards eradicating this violent scourge of these times.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:10 am

I agree with Doug, it old news now and the subject is not worth our time.

Lets move on to a more appropriate subject.........

Has anybody seen the Presidents birth certificate by any chance???? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News   Great News I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great News
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Riding :: Regional :: UK ( United Kingdom )-
Jump to: