Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area

Go down 
+10
lcseds
jdeereanton
Waspie
roadrunner
"Hi Yo"
honda_silver
JeffR
wayneliz
DennisB
scootingranny
14 posters
AuthorMessage
scootingranny
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-15

New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area Empty
PostSubject: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:47 pm

For the last 3 years I've been driving a 150cc China-scoot and it has been a blast riding around town and to my part-time job. That part-time job drastically cut everybody's hours last year and about that time my Daugher and Son-in-Law were adopting into their family and asked me to babysit the 6 month old. How can a Granny say no? It entailed driving to a town 20 miles away and the little scoot was a trooper. I rode on the service road and going against the heavy side of traffic, it was normally no problem. Then it started to have some fuel pump issues and one day I was going about 40-45mph when some SOB in a huge SUV cage roared up on my rearend and REFUSED to pass, even tho he could. I pulled over at a turn in so that he could get around me, put on my brakes and about that time the fuel pump kicked back in, the rear tire skidded on some gravel that just happenned to be ONLY in that spot and because I wasn't doing a hard-brake but only slowing down, I dumped it. The cager didn't even stop. Didn't do any damage to the scoot other than a few scrapes thanks to the saddlebags, scraped my knee pretty good and tore my best jeans. DANG IT!

I then realized I really needed a bigger scoot. Hubby was teaching me to drive his Honda Aero 750 (had not gotten to shifting gears yet, just riding in the parking lot at slow speeds, learning different turns) when I went to spend the weekend with two of my sisters. Got back and he said he'd done something to the Aero that would make it easier for me to ride. I thought he'd gotten a new clutch handle for it because I had problems getting my hand to stretch comfortably around the handle bars and clutch lever. BUT....he had traded in his Aero for a brand new, unused 07 S'wing with only 48 miles on it. WHAT A GUY!! But don't feel sorry for him because he has a GW and I told him he could ride the S'wing anytime he wants. He thinks the S'wing is a great scoot.

I've ridden it a few times and am amazed at the power and stability in the wind. I am so much more secure riding to babysit and have even branched out to a few highways (tho not yet the Interstate).

I am so glad to have found this forum and hope to be hanging around for a long time!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Hey scootingranny,

Welcome to the forum and very happy you decided to join in. sunny
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:50 pm

Welcome aboard "Granny"- enjoy the Swing- it gets better with every ride!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Hey Scootingranny,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. Congrats on the new Swing and it was really good of your hubby to do this. I have had my '07 for 4 years and 33,000 miles and it is still riding great and has plenty of power. It also just so happens that the '07 is the best year of all the SWings..although some here may want to try to argue that point. Razz

If you have any questions please just ask away since I'm sure someone here will have an answer. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:22 pm

scootingranny wrote:
BUT....he had traded in his Aero for a brand new, unused 07 S'wing with only 48 miles on it. WHAT A GUY!!

Very thoughtful Exclamation

Where did you husband learn about the SWing??

Welcome to the friendliest SilverWing forum.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:56 am

cheers Welcome to the forum. I'm in the Dallas area (Garland) myself and I can't argue with Jeff that the 07 is the best or maybe they just have the best riders. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:02 am

OK Jeff, I'll bite -- why is the 07 better than my 09? And welcome to the ranks, scootingranny!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:22 am

Welcome 'Granny'. You have found the best Silver Wing forum in cyberspace.

Not going to get embroiled in the 07 - 09 argument other than to say I shall sit on the proverbial fence. (My 09 Wing is actually a 07 according to the paperwork so I will agree and disagree to all 07 vs 09 discussions!!!!!) Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:24 am

scootingranny,

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
lcseds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:10 am

Welcome! Don't be surprised if your husband starts riding the Sing.... a lot!
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:14 am

Welcome from Brownsville Texas......... Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:39 am

Hello! cheers
Back to top Go down
scootingranny
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:55 am

Honda_silver: We were doing all kinds of internet searches for a Reflex or Majesty or a good used S'wing when we found a used Reflex for a good price at a dealership on a google search. DH went in to look at it and there was the S'wing. We debated about both of them but I really had kind of set my heart on a S'wing after previously doing quite a bit of research and reading online. The price was a tad high for an 07 but a great price for an UNUSED one. (Not sure why it hadn't sold before) so we had decided to keep looking for a used S'wing because he wasn't sure the Reflex would have what I was looking for (I am not a small gal...I am 5'6" and about 175# and have been dreaming about trips and highway driving). The Reflex probably would have been adequate but ya' know...when a girl gets a dream it's hard to let go of and my dream was getting a S'wing. I really thought we'd be looking for a good used one for quite awhile longer.

Then when I went out of town with my sisters, he went back and the dealership was very good to work with, the price sign was a little misleading because it had the price of the scooter in BIG numbers but in little print it had that ABS was +$1000 so they ended up not adding that on to the price. He was going to sell the Aero anyway if we ever found another scoot for me and the Maxim Honda in Allen made the whole thing a stressless and great transaction.
Back to top Go down
The D
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
The D

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-01-08

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:14 pm

I bought my used 05 at Maxim. Great place to do business.

Welcome from another Dallas area rider.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm

roadrunner wrote:
OK Jeff, I'll bite -- why is the 07 better than my 09? And welcome to the ranks, scootingranny!

Well Bill,

Because Scootingranny has one !!!!
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Great answer, Jeff!

I bought the 09 because the leftover 07 next to it on the sales floor wasn't ABS. And I like red...

I've done a tick over 12,000 miles in 11 months and am very pleased with the SWing. I agree with John Grinsel on several issues, such as easier valve adjustment and better air management, and I'd like to add a couple more -- needs a second front disc and could be lighter. Over 15 MPH the weight isn't a problem though.

Here's a random thought on Honda's combined brakes. Why wouldn't you want the right lever to work front and rear, and the left the rear only? The only time I've ever felt uncomfortable on the SWing was when I didn't want ANY front brake but still needed to stop. The e-brake is a little to0 cumbersome for that...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Yeah Bill,

I didn't think you could get mad at that one. Laughing I have the titanium, which is silver, and like the colors that aren't silver really. My favorite was this deep blue one a couple of years back. It was pretty cool looking.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Welcome to the forum scootingranny. Great bunch of folks here. I come down to McKinney, TX every year to visit friends. I will have to consider coming down on my swing one of these times. Just not in the hot summer months. I usually come in the spring. Hopefully I can meet all of you Texan's in the area sometime.

Any of you considering the STO Rally in Eureka Springs in September? Bob and I will be there.

"Hi Yo" I do not plan on bringing any snow with me. So don't even go there.

Scootingranny enjoy the forum always glad to see another female on the forum. Ride safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area   New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New s'wing Owner in Dallas, Tx area
Page 1 of 1