Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Foot Loose and Fancy Free

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Foot Loose and Fancy Free Empty
PostSubject: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Got settlement check from insurance company today. Totaled out the scooter. They bought all the accessories I have added to the scoot. I bought the scoot for salvage value, then resold it to a friend for a little profit. He was happy and so was I. Progressive is my carrier and they have really handled this very quickly and to my satisfaction.

Now as soon as I get the foot/ankle well, I will find a new (for me) Swing to use. I wish I could find a brand new 2010 model for about $4,000.00. However, I will probably have to settle for something a little earlier than that.

Got about 4 more weeks with cast. So, I have a little while to look for my new fit. She is out there, I will find her. If anyone sees a great buy that you think I can afford, be sure to give me a holler.

My nephews have offered to reschedule the sky dive for later this summer. My birthday is early August. May go earlier. I just want the ankle healed before leaping to my death. bounce Smile
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:13 pm

When I saw the title "Foot Loose and Fancy Free" and from you ... I thought you were going to tell us you started dancing or something Foot Loose and Fancy Free 87062 Foot Loose and Fancy Free 393798
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:47 am

Gary,

That's good news that you are healing now and that the insurance company seemed to treat you pretty good. Best of luck to you on finding your next SWing. Are you going to do a tandem jump? My wife and I did that once and you should be ok with that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:19 pm

I have found my new baby in Dallas. Gotta get it here. Can't ride for another month anyway. Anticipation may make this chair more edible.
Yes Jeff it is tandom. Gonna be a big family event. Me, 3 nephews, daughter, grandson and maybe Zelda my family cat. My wife just offered to save me $75 by packing my chute if I want to jump solo. Wow, that woman never stops looking out for me.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
I have found my new baby in Dallas. Gotta get it here.

If it would help,I could easily get a ride up to Dallas Foot Loose and Fancy Free Icon_wink ride your new baby 307 miles from Dallas to Rison. The only part I have not figured out how do I get home ... Foot Loose and Fancy Free Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey Gary what are the details on the Swing in Dallas. Is it new, miles, color, I am anxious to know.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:39 am

Opalsboy wrote:
My wife just offered to save me $75 by packing my chute if I want to jump solo. Wow, that woman never stops looking out for me.

She has even increased my life insurance to five million dollars. Foot Loose and Fancy Free Icon_lol Foot Loose and Fancy Free Icon_lol Foot Loose and Fancy Free Icon_rolleyes Foot Loose and Fancy Free Lol

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:06 am

I'm picturing the skydiving cat, and the poor instructor Zelda will be jumping tandem with. Foot Loose and Fancy Free 676839

Here is a video of a skydiving cat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-X-y9YPpV0
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:31 pm

First let me say there has been a large development in my future of riding. My wife and family (all of whom I love dearly) have begged me to find a less life threatening activity. I have resisted the suggestion until it became a tearful discussion. I really do love riding. I really do love riding a SILVERWING. But I know the anxiety for them is sincere. I have to weigh my choices about this. On the one hand I want to say"to hell with you, I am going to do what I want and that is final". On the other hand I am weighing my responcibilty to a wife and family that do love me and do the right thing for them. This is really tough for me. Another factor here is a slipping of my own confidence in my ability to avoid another accident. Next one could be worse or even fatal. When I was 25 I didn't think about fatal things. Now,sometimes I wonder if I will finish brushing my teeth.
All of this may calm down in the next month, but for now, I am laying low with the family.
There is a 2009 Silverwing in Dallas with 1,037 miles selling for $5,499. Goodness I want it. I can send you the url if someone is interested. Just not to be for me.

Still got the sky diving planned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foot Loose and Fancy Free   Foot Loose and Fancy Free I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foot Loose and Fancy Free
Page 1 of 1