Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Led Upgrade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2023-07-28

Led Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Led Upgrade   Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 11:29 pm

For those who are interested ONLY  Led Lights Laughing
these are the bulbs I used and the fact that my fairings are removed for painting made it much easier to do
Head Light Bulb - https://www.ebay.com/itm/165487284233
these are legit sunny ,do not buy the look a likes they are using a weaker chip must say  CSP 3570 chips
Blinker Blubs - https://www.ebay.com/itm/134778316485 these will need  
Hyper flash load resistors across signal and ground connection - https://www.ebay.com/itm/126044603706
Brake light bulbs - https://www.ebay.com/itm/134778316485 had to cut One of the mounting tabs to fit in socket
Tag Light bulb - https://www.ebay.com/itm/133733939703
good luck and happy led upgrading
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2017-05-03

Led Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Upgrade   Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2023 3:35 am

From experience with LED's as main lights on bikes. Too weak and not focused enough to ride safely at night. Whatever you buy it won't last very long...
Perfect for extra lights but not the mains.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Led Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Upgrade   Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2023 5:23 am

I have full LED lights on my Forza, and I'd also say the headlight beams are not as good as the Osram Night Breakers I updated the Silver Wing to. Not that it's mattered all that much since I bought the Forza since I no longer have to cross over the pitch black 50 miles of A66 road over the Pennines between Cumbria and North Yorkshire at night and in below zero temperatures.

The plus side is the LED's are far more energy efficient and the front array of headlights, a couple of rows of ‘eyebrow' lights above the headlights and amber turn signal/running lights in the mirrors make for a far more visible frontal area than the Silver Wing. Having said that I still regard every other road user as a blind dickhead.  Neutral

I'd also bear in mind that the headlight reflectors of the Silver Wing were designed over 20 years ago for Halogen not LED lamps  (Talk to an electrician and they'll tell you that they're called lamps and bulbs are what you plant in the garden).

Still, there's a topic on two on here about owners who have gone the LED route successfully.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Led Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Upgrade   Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2023 7:44 am

LED's are great! My wife has a Mazda car that came with all LED's and they are far superior to the halogens in my truck. But Meldrew is right; putting them in a bike that was designed for halogens takes some doing. Not worth the effort for me but I seldom ride the scooters after dark.
Back to top Go down
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2023-07-28

Led Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Upgrade   Led Upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2023 4:26 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
LED's are great! My wife has a Mazda car that came with all LED's and they are far superior to the halogens in my truck. But Meldrew is right; putting them in a bike that was designed for halogens takes some doing. Not worth the effort for me but I seldom ride the scooters after dark.
yeah had the fairings not been removed i would have stopped at the headlights trying to get them out thru a small space, mines were ceased on had to remove the bulb then remove it from its socket
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Led Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Upgrade   Led Upgrade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Upgrade
Page 1 of 1