Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Getting Hacked!!

Go down 
+3
Mottza
Meldrew
Dale N.
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 11:22 pm

This is just for general info for all members.

My Facebook seems to have been hacked. Contacts were getting messages "from me" with a link to a supposed video that I sent. I got several messages from my contacts telling me that they couldn't open it. I put a notice up on my Facebook page that it wasn't me and I might have been hacked and told everybody to ignore and delete it without trying to open it. However, I have gotten the same thing from others so maybe I got hacked that way.

I also changed my password just in case. Hopefully that will stop it. Time will tell.

SO, if anybody on this forum gets a message from "me" with a link to a video DON'T OPEN IT and just delete it.

I'm not sure if "they" can post a video link here from me but be aware. Or, if you get an email from me with any kind of link DELETE IT! I don't send personal emails unless I get a PM from someone then I answer it without a video.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 3:43 am

I've been getting email scams in my Junk folder almost daily for the last month or so. It's easy enough to tell what's kosher or not, I don't use Amazon so this package they're holding for me but need to confirm my address and other details is a scam.

So are similar ones from well known courier companies phishing for my personal details so they can deliver goods I haven't ordered. Then the ones from supermarket chains  I rarely use telling me I've won a big cash prize, bogus Customer Services Managers wanting me to reply to them about something, and I've had bogus emails from Facebook too

Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2021-07-21

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 4:03 am

Yep, just check the url that the email is from. eg Walmart.com is OK, but Walmart.freevouchers.com isn't. Its the last part of URL that needs checking.

Also any link, before clicking check where is goes. eg. link goes to Walmart.com OK, dodgy.malware.com not.

Lastly any thing that is urgent and needs person details or if its too good to be true its a scam.

Fake Facebook pages are common, again if its too good to be true its a scam. Check the number of followers, Walmart would have a large number of followers, so a Walmart page with say 2000 followers is certainly fake.

I hope this helps. Most of the time its taking the time to look and using common sense. There's some good ones out there and as a cybersecurity professional they would fool most people.
Back to top Go down
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 8:15 am

It's not helped by the retailers and airlines and whatever using contractors and different domains for their genuine customer contact requirements.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 9:36 am

I use Facebook a great deal
I will not open links posted on Messenger, even ones from Friends.
I check, too, when receiving Friends Requests from people I already know, that they are already Friends, and so delete the requests. (Sorry; in spite of my best efforts I can't say it any more clearly!)
I don't do quizzes any more after warnings about phishing and scamming and always check carefully addreses of suspicious e-mails; they usually confirm my suspicions.
Incidentally, after a spate of emails supposedly from my bank, a good friend (made through maxiscootering) who was very high up in internet security for that bank, urged me to always report such emails since it enables the bank to act more efficiently .... so I always do.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 4:37 am

They're still at it, I'm amused at this mornings Junk mail includes 'Asda' having a second attempt to give me that Philips Air Fryer I've apparently won. Not to be outdone, 'Lidl' want to tell me about the £500 Gift Voucher that could be mine.

Then there's another mystery Congrats !! I've had from a trusted sender, telling me yet again that my request has been granted.
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2021-07-21

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Have you got those millions from your Nigerian Prince?
Back to top Go down
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 1:36 pm

The Nigerian Prince sent me a fax in the early Nineties.
He's got great stamina.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Getting Hacked!! Ros2n610
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2021 10:26 pm

Yeah but what's the exchange rate in Dollars/Pounds it could be worth $ 10 bucks? HAAA. Smile I think I got a few of this Emails over the years. Inflation these days is killing everyone's income.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting Hacked!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Hacked!!   Getting Hacked!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Hacked!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: