Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:58 am

» noise under load
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Performance exhaust

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
06 roadglide
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Performance exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Performance exhaust   Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:53 am

I just bought a 05 silverwing with 4900 miles on it and was wondering where is a good place to get a performance pipe for it I want something with a deep tone to it.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Performance exhaust   Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Look up www.scootertrap.com and they offer a few different pipes. And Matt is a good guy to deal with too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Okiebezer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Okiebezer

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Performance exhaust   Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:17 am

I just installed a Leo Vinci exhaust system on my 04 SWing. Hardest part was figuring out how to keep the retaining brackets that bolt onto the head in position while manuevering the pipe. They would continually slide back down the tube, making it impossible to try and get a nut on the bolt after positioning the pipe. I struggled with these for probably 30 minutes.

I finally had a brainstorm and took two large rubber bands, and after positioning the bracket at the end of the header, I wrapped the band around the pipe a couple times giving just enough retention to keep the bracket in place at the end of the header. It then was just a few brief minutes before I had the brackets on the studs and the nut started on each. After positioning all parts and tightening, I cut the bands and pulled them from the pipes. Worked GREAT!

Definitely helped me keep my sanity! Looking forward to tweaking the system via the PCIII under the seat. I hope to feel the increase in throttle response and mileage. I'll keep you posted!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Performance exhaust   Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:23 am

Typical performance upgrades for the Silverwing include the following combo:

Upgraded Pipe: Leo Vince 4Road Exhaust is most popular and has the most data behind it to recommend it.

Upgraded Variator: J.Costa is the most popluar, although many find improvement by changing out the rollers/sliders on the original.

Add Power Commander: Can custom tune your gas/air mixture for smooth power throughout the band, or improved fuel mileage.

The three together will give you about 5-6hp boost, better performance, and a smooth powerband.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Okiebezer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Okiebezer

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Performance exhaust   Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:35 am

Know anyone who would have map for 2004 SWing 600, K&N filter and Leo Vinci 4Road exhaust? I have been running a map that "ronjr009" graciously forwarded to me and it has been pretty good. Haven't ran much yet after the exhaust mod. Just wondering what else may be available. I also have added the accelerator pump option to the PCIII. It allows you to further tweak by adding a short burst of fuel during initial throttle twists. Haven't messed with it yet though, would like to see if additional map available. I have downloaded the 5 or so available from DynoJet. If the notes on each are accurate, I'm not sure if any would be applicable.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Performance exhaust   Performance exhaust I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 am

Okiebezer wrote:
Know anyone who would have map for 2004 SWing 600, K&N filter and Leo Vinci 4Road exhaust? I have been running a map that "ronjr009" graciously forwarded to me and it has been pretty good. Haven't ran much yet after the exhaust mod. Just wondering what else may be available. I also have added the accelerator pump option to the PCIII. It allows you to further tweak by adding a short burst of fuel during initial throttle twists. Haven't messed with it yet though, would like to see if additional map available. I have downloaded the 5 or so available from DynoJet. If the notes on each are accurate, I'm not sure if any would be applicable.

I would try these two stock maps ... I believe Mivv is ( http://www.mivv.it/en/ ) for racing/tuning.

M123-503 European Model-Mivv Racing Slip On, Stock Air Filter
M123-502 European Model-Mivv CE approved Slip On (db-killer installed), Stock Air Filter

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance exhaust   Performance exhaust I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Performance exhaust
Page 1 of 1