Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

SHAD luggage uk.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi,

Just thought I would share a recent experience with the above company when purchasing a top box mount for the Forza.

Placed the order through a dealer, great arrived in a few days.

The mount consists of two arms a left and a right hand with a bracket welded to each that the top box plate bolts to.

When fitted the right arm bracket was perfectly horizontal but the left had been welded on set at a different angle which equates to about 12mm below horizontal,(don’t know the angle).

Sent SHAD good pictures and a mail to explain, their tech guy comes back with you need to back off all fixings then bolt the top box plate up and all will become square.

I then said well how do you expect a plastic plate to pull up a metal welded in place plate?

He then started waffling on about built in tolerances and that it would be in tolerance, i then asked him what is your tolerant percentage which he had no answer for.

To finish off the story SHAD after arguing the toss agreed to replace after I had paid return postage!

My welder at work has now cut and set at the correct angle and paint applied, not that I have allowed them to get away with talking crap and shoddy workmanship I just know now it is correct, will post some pics at some point.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Sorry to read about your experience with SHAD UK. I fitted the Givi SR 1166 rear rack to my Forza 300 in October 2018 which I ordered from an eBay seller in Italy. 

It was an absolute doddle to fit. A left and right arm that bolted straight onto the left and right grab rails with a horizontal platform on each side with holes to bolt a Givi M5 Monorack on. 

Everything fitted as it should and my Givi E55 top box has been a permanent fixture on there ever since.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 5:09 pm

Just my luck Meldrew, couldn’t believe the guy was arguing the toss after seeing the pictures, anyone else would be an apology and let’s put it right conversation.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 11:42 pm

Usually, crooked welded racks are the trademark of Genuine Scooter Company. So crooked that the rack mount bolts will snap! But I ordered a SHAD rear rack for a Yamaha Zuma 125 and it wasn't exactly squared to the mounting holes. After that I quit buying their racks. I just buy another brand rack if needed, but I do still like their trunks. That would be a hard drug to kick for me!
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2019-05-06

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 3:53 am

Jamie, I got the impression from your post in March a Honda rack was being dealer fitted. As I have a givi box I'm waiting for the 350 rack to be available in the uk. Never had an issue with quality in many years of using their products.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 6:15 am

I could be wrong but I've thought for a while now that all the Givi accessories that I installed on my Forza 300 would fit straight onto the 350 version.

The rear grab rails look identical and I doubt if Honda made any major changes to the OE electric screen for the 350. So the taller wider Givi D1166 ST screen I fitted would probably go straight on the 350, and it's well worth having. So are the Givi DF1166 handlebar wind deflectors.

I see the taller screen for the Forza 350 is the Givi DF1187ST, the rear rack the SR1187B, and list the handlebar wind deflectors DF1166, the same as for my Forza 300.

Some items are listed as Article In Manufacture. When I bought my 300 in October 2018, the Givi screen  was also listed as Article In Manufacture and was late March/ early April 2019 before it finally went on sale and I bought one.

I was interested in the Yamaha Tricity 300 most of last year and curious to see what Givi were offering for it.  Almost all the Givi accessories apart from the hand guards have had the same Article In Manufacture tag for over a year now. 

I've long lost interest in the Tricity 300, and the scooter I'm interested in replacing my Forza with Givi doesn’t do a screen or any other accessories for.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 6:25 am

It appears the 350 rack has support bars onto the upper suspension bolts.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 8:22 am

Marvincon wrote:
It appears the 350 rack has support bars onto the upper suspension bolts.
Yes it does, my mistake. I found a photo thumbnail of the Forza 350 with the new Givi rack on and after expanding it could clearly see the supports. 

I'm surprised that Givi have changed the sturdy, trouble free, and easy to fit design I have on my 300.

Then I had a look at the SHAD rear rack that JamieB chose for his Forza thinking it would be similar and that's completely different to both Givi designs.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 11:54 am

I shall have the Givi rack but certainly don't like look of the extra 'legs'.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 11:58 am

And the Honda Rear rack has no extra supports, come on Givi.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 12:31 pm

That’s the reason I went for the SHAD as it just bolts directly below the rear grab handles.

Forza looking good Marvincon.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 4:37 pm

I have just Googled 'forza 350 with givi rack'.

There are pictures, one of which is in an Ebay advert:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luggage-Rack-Mount-Rear-Givi-Honda-Strength-350-2021-COD-SR1187B-/284208900571?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQjw4cOEBhDMARIsAA3XDRgpNMhdbpqC4Jvxgc-YSGV6lnlT4-p-7-8CfnCfiqKWMVfOYmWOlbMaAn7MEALw_wcB

P.S. One day I'll find out how to compress similar links!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 4:43 am

I've just had a look at that Forza 350 rear rack on eBay and it's three times the price of what I paid for the Givi rack for my Forza 300 back in October 2018. 

There's other rear racks for the Forza 350 on eBay that you can import from Thailand. They're on the expensive side, that's before you add postage, and of course the usual Import Duties shafting from Parcelforce. 

I was naive enough to think if I'd wanted the almost identical looking Forza 350, all I'd have to do is return my Forza 300 back to OE spec and refit all the Givi accessories I'd removed onto the 350 once I'd got it home.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 3:04 pm

Hey Meldrew,

I wouldn’t worry about swapping yours, you have got it looking bang on and specific for you, looks great.

I can’t believe how the Forzas look so compact compared to the Silverwings.

I was hoping also due to availability Honda would have made the 300 kit fit on the 350 but not happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SHAD luggage uk. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAD luggage uk.   SHAD luggage uk. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SHAD luggage uk.
Page 1 of 1