Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Corbin saddle

Go down 
+5
workingbadger
Cosmic_Jumper
sonuvabug
PeteP
Michel Vachon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2019-03-26

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Hello !

Just install my new Corbin saddle.  Did a little ride ( 62 miles / 100 kms) with the wife and we are bolt more then happy with it.

Our butt love it lolllllllll  

Alos install the top box and need to paint it so may paint it grey to match the sadlle and the side handle my wife use sometime.

Cost me 859.00$ cnd fund. I know it is alot but our confort is important on a long trip.

Been an old BMW rider and cross Canada and USA twice on my old 1990 R100GSPd white/red  (still own it but will be for sell soon)  I know with riding experiences that our buut need to be well  to make those long ride.

Planing on going see my niece next year or year after from Quebec to B.C. drvie back to Montana see her  sister my other niece I really think the sadlle will be a good thing for me.

Here is a couple pics to show it.

Michel

Corbin saddle 20200910
Corbin saddle Corbin10
Corbin saddle Corbin11

Back to top Go down
PeteP
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2020-08-31

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 11:59 pm

I like the way gray and black seats look. I had the same color combo on my Sportster and it looked great! I’m also thinking about getting a Corbin as well. Was just wondering if anyone has had a Russel Daylong on their Swing? I had one on my Concours and it made the bike into a real long distance tourer.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 9:08 am

You've been through quite an ordeal with seats Michel. Glad to see you're finally settled.

May you and your bride enjoy many safe and happy klics in your new saddle.
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 9:19 pm

PeteP wrote:
I like the way gray and black seats look. I had the same color combo on my Sportster and it looked great! I’m also thinking about getting a Corbin as well. Was just wondering if anyone has had a Russel Daylong on their Swing? I had one on my Concours and it made the bike into a real long distance tourer.

Hello PeteP,

Thanks for the color I really like it. Regarding the Daylong sadlle. I still have one on my Beemer and I would say it coming to soft after 8 years...

On our trip to California in year 2000, we stop a Russel before the lady sell the company to the new owners now and we had the saddle redone because the driver place was to long. So on our travel I call them and she told me to stop by and they redone it in a couple hours. I was very satify with it. But now it is to soft.... Before the Daylong from Russell I had a Corbin and at that time they where so hard that I return it to the dealer to have a refund. Now that I got the new Corbin saddle I would tell you it is stif but not like in the pass. I sincerly think it will last for a long time. I really enjoy it and the wife to.

Michel
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
You've been through quite an ordeal with seats Michel.  Glad to see you're finally settled.  

May you and your bride enjoy many safe and happy klics in your new saddle.

Hello sonuvabug,

Your right about  it ....  We are now set and riding  like on a cloud... Ready to more travel next year.. I am planing to go to see my 2 niece in summer of 2022... One is in Golden, B.C. and the other one in Anaconda,  Montana. So better get use to the sadlle foe that trip lolll. My wife is not planning to  make it that time she kind of find it far.... I will do it my self alone on my Silverwing... Just can't wait....

Michel
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 10:08 am

Hopefully you'll be able to get out and travel next year what with COVID19 and all. Sounds like a wonderful adventure to visit your nieces in Golden and Anaconda in 2022. Make sure you post up before your trip ... you never know who might want to tag along for part of that trip.

BTW - a few years back I worked in your area ... Bromont. Beautiful part of our great country. We also want to plan a combination RV camping/riding trip to the Charlevoix area.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Not to hijack this topic but Charlevoix has been on my top 5 places to ride. 

Years ago “we” passed thru the Saguenay as a grubby bunch of beer swilling, non francophone, yanks on a road trip returning via the Route du Nord from Radisson up on the James Bay. They seemed somewhat relieved when we boarded the ferry at Tadoussac to cross the St Lawrence River. 

I always have wanted to return to that area. There and a Gaspé loop.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
... snipped ... Not to hijack this topic but Charlevoix has been on my top 5 places to ride.  ... I always have wanted to return to that area. There and a Gaspé loop.

I've started gathering information about the Charlevoix area and talking with people who are familiar with it from both camping and riding perspectives. Gaspé area would be great too. Sounds like a meetup in the making?
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 1:00 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Not to hijack this topic but Charlevoix has been on my top 5 places to ride. 

Perfect to mention .... They are nice places to go I also plan to make Gaspe area if possible and pass by New Brunswick visit a good friend of mine who moove there last year...

By the way anybody from Canada who want to purchase a Corbin saddle ... Get it from https://dynamiccycleparts.com/
He send it to your place free shipping....
I personaly save 125$ US fund by making the deal with Chris at Dynamic Cycle...

Hope to see somw SWinger on the road next year..

Ride safely !
Michel
Back to top Go down
workingbadger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
workingbadger

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-06-27

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 9:35 pm

I bought a Corbin saddle.
1. It sloped forward, I had to brace my feet to keep from sliding forward.
2. It didn't have a deep enough pocket to sit in.
3. the backrest was off sideways by 10 degrees. Couldn't sit back facing straight forward. Killed my back.
4. The hydraulic cylinder wasn't strong enough to hold the seat up.
5. Emailed Corbin twice, no response.
6. Hard as a rock. I hit it with a rubber mallet 50 times a day for 3 weeks, didn't help.
7. Wish I hadn't sold my Honda seat.
7. $700 down the drain.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 1:26 am

I had a Corbin on one of my past Silverwings. It was red on top with black around the sides and on the stitching on top. Very nice looking. True it was a bit firm but Corbins are known for that. They will fit themselves to the rider after some time in the saddle. After awhile the one on my SW it became very comfortable.

I might spring for a new Corbin on my current Silverwing next spring if the Covid doesn't get me before than.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 am

sonuvabug wrote:
Sounds like a meetup in the making?

It really beggars belief that here we are entering the second wave of a global pandemic with infections and death rates on the rise again. We're all now well aware of how COVID can spread at social gatherings, and yet on maxi forums people are still talking about meets, rallies, etc.

People who are at least 50 plus, or retired, that live in areas with different rates of infection and restrictions, probably have some type of underlying health problems, possibly asymptomatic and averse to wearing a mask etc.

But hey, they've got maxi scooters and chat on an online forum, what could possibly go wrong. 😷

Last edited by Meldrew on Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 7:43 am

Meldrew wrote:
sonuvabug wrote:
Sounds like a meetup in the making?

It really beggars belief that here we are entering the second wave of a global pandemic with infections and death rates on the rise again. We're all now well aware of how COVID can spread at social gatherings, and yet on maxi forums people are still talking about meets.

Is there something wrong with looking forward to better times?

“There'll be blue birds over the white cliffs of Dover...”
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 8:36 am

Nothing at all, but in reality the world we're currently living isn't the one we're used to, and who knows when we can return to some semblance of normality. I don't know about you but my close social contact has been restricted to members of my family social bubble since the initial lockdown in March.

Anyone outside that bubble I can chat to on phone or iPad, that's the way things are now.

Is being part of a procession of riders and taking photos of maxi scooters or the food you've eaten at rest stops to post online really that important anymore. I’d say it isn’t.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 10:11 am

Meldrew wrote:
[Snip]
Is being part of a procession of riders and taking photos of maxi scooters or the food you've eaten at rest stops to post online really that important anymore. I’d say it isn’t.

Is it that you’re no longer looking forward to doing more travel, new places, new food?

Hopefully you and Mrs M are in good health and have a bright future ahead. There’s an entire travel industry eagerly awaiting Mrs M to pick up the phone.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2015-06-13

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 12:25 pm

That is a very nice seat there Michel. For myself I like the Silverwing seat as is for my 150# and 5'8" frame. I had a Corbin on my previous BMW K1200RS and hated it ,went back to original seat. Corbin was too damn hard and wasn't about to take the time to break it in. Also had a Sargent seat on my 2011 Suzuki 1250 Bandit which I really enjoyed. I can't justify spending $700-800 on a seat which are really only worth about $300-400 in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 3:22 pm

I too sold my 2002 Swing with the Corbin seat that came with it. I kept the 2013 Swing seat. So much softer. Fits my butt a whole of a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corbin saddle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: