Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Accent lights I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Accent lights

Go down 
+6
bikehiker
Dale N.
The Bern
steve_h80
Easyrider
katschamne
10 posters
AuthorMessage
katschamne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-02-11

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 1:33 am

I work second shift. When I ride my Swing  to work, the routes I take home are really dark. The new Swing is a 2013 so its black. Well my husband wanted me to be seen more. He added lights on his bike and decided to add them to my Swing. In Illinois you aren't allowed to have blue, red and white but I can have other colors. I would post a picture or a video but I don't know how to do it. You can check out my album and see the pictures. Although my husband will ride in any weather, it has been too cold for me to ride much. I don't like to ride at night when it's still getting down around 40°.

Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 2:40 am

I've added front driving lights to help me when driving. It gets me noticed in the daylight hours and adds additional light for me to see the road ahead.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 2:57 am

Quite a few people now run after market front spot lights over here, especially the adventure brigade but it spreading. The idea been to be more visable.
You do need to consider that other folks won't see you indicators (turn signals) because the front lights out dazzle them, so extra caution on the turns.
Also remember motion camouflage still applies regardless of how many lights you have.
Bright rear lights are of course a suicidal idea,. Other road users initially assume you have your brakes on then don't notice the difference when you do hit the brakes.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 5:37 am

Last year a friend gave me a Dennis B light bracket & a pair of LED 'daytime running lights' Smile After fitting I was not sure at all how to aim them, after much deliberation (many cups of tea  Wink) I got my wife to sit in her car (Vauxhall Corsa/ Chevvy Bolt) & positioned the scooter where I would normally follow at 40mph, then kept lowering the beam until the lights were visible in the driving mirror but not dazzleing her.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 8:55 am

When I had my 74 Honda CB750 I had driving lights on it. I got them from a friend and don't remember what brand they were. My normal headlight had a flat top beam something like laying a 1/2 moon on its side. I'd only use the driving lights on the highway at night because they were so bright. I ran with the headlight on high beam but I had to adjust the headlight down so it wouldn't shine in car windows. The top of the beam would come up to almost the top of a car trunk but wouldn't blind anyone. The reason I did this was because at night the driving lights were so bright that if/when I turned them off it would take a couple of seconds for me to see that the headlight was even on. With it on hight beam I could at least see it. The driving lights would light the road up at least a 1/4 mile ahead of me. I adjusted them out just a bit to shine into the ditch on each side. You can see the driving lights on the roll bars in this photo.

Accent lights Jan_da11
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Dale N. wrote:
When I had my 74 Honda CB750 I had driving lights on it. I got them from a friend and don't remember what brand they were. My normal headlight had a flat top beam something like laying a 1/2 moon on its side. I'd only use the driving lights on the highway at night because they were so bright. I ran with the headlight on high beam but I had to adjust the headlight down so it wouldn't shine in car windows. The top of the beam would come up to almost the top of a car trunk but wouldn't blind anyone. The reason I did this was because at night the driving lights were so bright that if/when I turned them off it would take a couple of seconds for me to see that the headlight was even on. With it on hight beam I could at least see it. The driving lights would light the road up at least a 1/4 mile ahead of me. I adjusted them out just a bit to shine into the ditch on each side. You can see the driving lights on the roll bars in this photo.

Accent lights Jan_da11

Ditch on each side seems really good application for those lights, increase in safety for anticipating deer, etc.
Back to top Go down
katschamne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 11:35 pm

The lights I have on, are on the bottom of the body panels on the sides of the scooter and by the front wheel. There are none that would interfere with seeing the turn signals or the head light. In the back I have the back up modual that are tied into my brake lights. Again the accent LEDs are not in the rear of the scooter. They light up the ground so that I will be seen better. I can't figure out how to post a picture but if you go to my album you can see 2 colors.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 am

katschamne wrote:
 I can't figure out how to post a picture but if you go to my album you can see 2 colors.

Took me a while to work out, but here goes ....

From your album, under the picture, copy the first line of code & paste into a post for little picture (clickable to the original) ...

Accent lights 20180310

Or for bigger picture (also clicable) copy & paste second line of code ....

Accent lights 20180311
Back to top Go down
katschamne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Thank you so much. Maybe I was having an issue since I'm on my phone instead of the computer. Don't mind the messy garage. I had a video too but that didn't upload at all.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 4:16 am

:Happy Holiday:  no prob's :Happy Holiday:
Back to top Go down
arskal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
arskal

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-07-13

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 3:41 pm

I bought Philips Xtreme Vision 360 Led tail bulbs and https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Xtreme-Vision-X-tremeUltinon-4000K/dp/B00OYT11RE and Philips Racing Vision H7 +150% https://www.ebay.com/itm/H7-Philips-RacingVision-150-12972RVS2-Racing-Vision-X-Treme-/172337538638 for my SW and also moded 3rd brake light. Those H7 bulbs are amazing.
Better visible from front and back and safer also.

I bought to my daughter Honda Vision 50 scooter and I do the same modification for her scooter.

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 10:41 pm

Accent lights, puddle lights, and various other names for LED lighting are a great way to be seen by traffic going in the same direction more than the opposite direction, because other drivers are often creeping up on you, or vice versa, and it gives the perception that you are a larger object than your actual bike does.
Many of these systems offer color choice, rotating colors and patterns etc. If you intend to use these
systems while riding, check the local laws for restriction on color, flashing, pulsating, etc.
Most police will not ticket you for trying to be noticed, as long as you are not being perceived as an emergency vehicle, but better to know the laws in your area than make assumptions.

Dan
Back to top Go down
katschamne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 11:10 pm

The ones I have are from Joe Florida lights. They have multicolored and a remote to turn them off if I need to. In Illinois you can run any colors except red, blue & white. Other states either you can't run them or only certain colors like amber. I can have them flashing but I think that would drive me nuts. I just want to he seem. I've already have been rear ended from behind in broad daylight.

Arskal thanks for the links for the head lights and tail lights. I will look into them. I would like to have brighter taillights and headlights.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 1:54 pm

arskal wrote:
I bought Philips Xtreme Vision 360 Led tail bulbs and https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Xtreme-Vision-X-tremeUltinon-4000K/dp/B00OYT11RE and Philips Racing Vision H7 +150% https://www.ebay.com/itm/H7-Philips-RacingVision-150-12972RVS2-Racing-Vision-X-Treme-/172337538638 for my SW and also moded 3rd brake light. Those H7 bulbs are amazing.
Better visible from front and back and safer also.

I bought to my daughter Honda Vision 50 scooter and I do the same modification for her scooter.

Your link to Amazon for the tail light bulbs shows single filament T10 w5w 5 watt led bulbs.  The Silver Wing uses a double filament 21/5 watt bulb.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 5:33 pm

katschamne

I also use the Joe Florida system. Its expandable, flexible, and the app is good.
You went for the Rolls Royce of led lighting. Looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 11:49 pm

I add no lights to bikes or scooters. Just something else to go wrong on trips. My take, old eyes, dark nites=slow down. Or in case of SilverWing, old design----get something new with newer/state of the art lighting.

And of course, look over windshield!!
Back to top Go down
arskal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
arskal

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-07-13

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Here is two pictures about Philips H7 +150% and W5W LED tail/parking light and 3rd brake light.

Philips H7 +150% and 360 W5W LED tail/parking light

Moded 3rd brake light
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Accent lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accent lights   Accent lights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accent lights
Page 1 of 1