Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
LED lights I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

LED lights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:08 pm

I am looking for some LED lights to go on the sides of the Swing and trailer to increse the visibility and to add Bling. Does anyone have some good sources to purchase from where the price is reasonable. All the ones that I have seen seam to be priced very high and large in size.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Chief Rider wrote:
I am looking for some LED lights to go on the sides of the Swing and trailer to increse the visibility and to add Bling. Does anyone have some good sources to purchase from where the price is reasonable. All the ones that I have seen seam to be priced very high and large in size.

The Knight Rider Sequential 12 LED Turn Signal Light Bar ( http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm ) is available in Amber and would serve two purposes. It would highlight and provide a sequential turn signal notification.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:08 pm

OK, here's an Optronics LED trailer lights, you might find this at WalMart.

http://www.optronicsinc.com/oempages/stl22ab.htm
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:03 am

JC whitney has what can only be described as "electric reflectors".
They come in both amber and red. You replace the stock reflectors
on the sides of your bike with these. When the lights are off, they
look like normal reflectors in the sun. At night, when you turn them on
(or you can attach them so they are on all the time) they are LED red
or amber circles.

This is a very subtle change that wont change the look of the bike, but
will add some side view lighting so that you can better be seen at night.

There are much more flamboyant ways to do it also.
You can check out the kuryakyn led eagles I have on the sides of my bike
above where it says "Silverwing".
You can also go to www.signaldynamics.com and turn your bike into a christmas tree.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:47 am

Here is another link to SuperbrightLed. I have used their accent lighting strips with great success on my bike (amber for the sides and red for the rear). Cheap-Waterproof solution. They are very bright with low/no heat and very low current draw.

LED lights ALS-new
Back to top Go down

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:52 am

Thanks to all for the great input. I looked at all the sites and now the problem is decideing which ones to use. I have to admit that I like a lot of lights and I think that comes from my trucking days. Or might be it makes me think of Christmas and that is always good for a smile.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:19 am

OK...Here are some small LED lights that I used as a front fender marker light. Works GREAT and comes in many colors.

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/front-fender-marker-light-t68.htm?highlight=marker

http://www.emazingaudio.com/vmchk/-led-side-marker-lights/plsml2yl-pyle-yellow-led-side-marker-light-plsml2yl/detailed-product-flyer.html

LED lights PLSML2YL

OR

LED lights Plsl2y10
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:58 am

Chief Rider wrote:
Thanks to all for the great input. I looked at all the sites and now the problem is decideing which ones to use.

One thing to note, just because the light says LED ... brightness and focus is not the same for all LEDs. I have not seen anything that allows you to compare LEDs side-by-side without your own testing or someone else demonstrating in a picture.

I attached a 9V battery (which was below voltage) to test the Knight RiderZ. I shined it on a wall and 30 feet out there was a bright red spot on the wall. I have other LEDs on my SWing, but that LED gets everyone's attention first further away.
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:00 pm

I followed a Burgman with a constantly on “Nightrider” light installed on his top case a few weeks back. To say the least it was VERY ANNOYING !!!!

I could see the possibility of someone being hypnotized by the LED lights Icon_cool Cool LED lights Icon_cool light and not see a turn signal or a brake light.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:05 pm

trouble1100 wrote:
I followed a Burgman with a constantly on “Nightrider” light installed on his top case a few weeks back. To say the least it was VERY ANNOYING !!!!

I could see the possibility of someone being hypnotized by the LED lights Icon_cool Cool LED lights Icon_cool light and not see a turn signal or a brake light.

There are several Knight RiderZ choices with/without sequential (I call it oscillating) running light (optionally attached to running light) and 5-6 seconds flashing brake alert (attached to brake light).

I have a lot of people come right up and ask me or comment about the Knight Riderz. I have asked them two questions:

1) Did the oscillating light help you to see me?

The answer I have always received was YES.

2) Did you know exactly when I hit my brakes?

The answer I have always received was YES.

Besides the Knight RiderZ, I also have BackOff Wig-Wag attached to LEDs under the aluminum wing ... so both the Knight RiderZ and Backoff Wig-Wag provide a very red flashing light show.

If I can when braking for over 5-6 seconds, I will release the brakes and re-engage the brakes to start the red flashing light show multiple times along with the Admore brake lighting on my Givi E-52.

As far as the turn signal(s), I have additional yellow LED turn signals under the Givi SR-19 mounting plate and Admore turn signals.

There are are a lot of people who cannot take their eyes off a flashing or moving or shiny lights. So I do not solely rely on the extra brake light ... if I can when braking I will swerve to get the attention of the person
behind me ... the final swerve near stopping is to position the SWing to
provide an emergency route if needed and then monitor the rear mirror constantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LED lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED lights   LED lights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LED lights
Page 1 of 1