Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sloshy Shoe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Leg Shield caution,

Careful that using leg shields does not trap your foot in an emergency situation,

Being able to quickly get that foot down onto the road surface could prevent a nasty fall over with damage to the bike and rider.

Having seen this happen several times, Replacing the broken windshields and listening to the riders explain how they could not stop the loss of balance because their foot was trapped.

Here in Florida it rains daily for several months, Many of the Riders have tried these leg shields to prevent sloshy shoe,

If you ride a Big Ruckus, It is especially designed to fill your shoes with water at the first puddle.

Safe and Happy motoring
Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Lloyd that is good advice. If installing these maybe it would be a good idea to practice a quick backwards then sideways motion a few times. With a little practice I bet you could still get those feet down quickly. Which months does it rain every day in Florida? This will be helpful when it comes time to plan a Florida ride.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:21 pm

carolina wing rider wrote:
Lloyd that is good advice. If installing these maybe it would be a good idea to practice a quick backwards then sideways motion a few times. With a little practice I bet you could still get those feet down quickly. Which months does it rain every day in Florida? This will be helpful when it comes time to plan a Florida ride.

Thanks for your Kind reply,

Our rainy season here in Florida Usually begins in May and ends in August or September. Depending on the Heat.

WE can expect those Afternoon Tropical rains usually occurring in the hottest time of the Afternoon and being Quite heavy.

After the Afternoon Monsoon, The sun comes back out and we receive our daily free Steam bath.

Then at night it cools off to about 85 0r 90 and if you remain indoors with Air Conditioning, You do not ruin another Shirt with all that sweat and the Gigantic Mosquitos cannot get to you.

We have good Roads and Highways here and this is a great place to ride and see all the attractions that we have here in Florida. All designed to separate you from your Money, Heck we have a couple Attractions here that for a little more than a Hundred a day, You can stand in line for seven or eight hours to enjoy those fifteen Minute Rides.

We have one of the greatest movie studios in the World Here, It is called NASA, They made several Movies about sending Men to the Moon and Returning them here safely to Earth while Removing about a Hundred Billion Dollars from the American people in 1970 Dollars. All the props used in those movies are on display here along with some of the Titanic wreckage.

I came here in 1969 when I sold C.A.E. Competition Automotive Engineering in Shreveport Louisiana Where I built Race Cars for Years. If It were as bad here as I say I would leave.

This is a great place to vacation, Never mind the one Million out of state, Lost, Cannot Drive cars, Rude, Do not Speak English, Refugees here in our towns Daily, Demanding they be served first.

Like that guy on TV said, Come on Down. I'm in the white pages, Call if you like.

Happy motoring
Lloyd 193
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:41 pm

You are correct Lloyd. By using this thin cutting board plastic, it pops right out if you even bump it leaving it dangling in the wind when installed the way I did.
If it is fastened by the screws or other firm mounting, I'd probably make it about 6" shorter on the floorboard side. Regardless, user needs to be aware and consider the above warning.

Edit: My brother and I had already discussed this and I failed to mention it in my instructions. Thanks added to your post lloyd for bringing it forward.

I just edited my post to place a warning at the top of the post.

Last edited by willajabir on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Guess rubber boots or waterproof boots never made it to FL.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Thank you kindly for the great info. I have already seen most of the tourist related sites and the next time I visit Florida it is going to be about nothing but the riding and the food. I know you stay busy but I will definitely call when I arrive in Orlando........just don't know exactly when. Is the coastal highway (17) a decent ride?
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:51 pm

john grinsel wrote:

By evidence I've seen on Utube videos, ATGATT means flip flops and tank tops in Florida Laughing
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 pm

carolina wing rider wrote:
Thank you kindly for the great info. I have already seen most of the tourist related sites and the next time I visit Florida it is going to be about nothing but the riding and the food. I know you stay busy but I will definitely call when I arrive in Orlando........just don't know exactly when. Is the coastal highway (17) a decent ride?

Yes 17 is a great ride, Bring some of the Guys with you and we will take the Hooterville tour rides. We will go places most people never see.

Because of the temperatures here it is not practical to wear boots or rain gear, If I am caught in one of the afternoon rains, I just stop and ring my shirt out and in fifteen minutes I am Dry. Of course we carry rain gear.

Thank you guys for your comments, Looking forward to riding with you guys.

Happy motoring
Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 5:38 pm

john grinsel wrote:

Hi John, John it is so hot here in the summer that your head is soaking wet in ten minutes if you try to wear a helmet.

Most gave up trying to use a helmet years ago, Also as soon as you stop sweat begins running down your glasses. Legal here not to wear a helmet, I use a ball cap, Carry several.

Many who want a Helmet use bicycle ventilated Very light weight Helmet's.

Florida is a whole set of new problems as well as a new set of adventures.

Lloyd
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 6:46 pm

FL to me is hot/flat...really not nice riding, but I still think helmets/boots are necessary
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Sloshy shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 10:31 am

To be able to see all (or most) of the awesome scenery this country has to offer you must be able to endure hot and flat along with cold and curvy and everything in between. Florida is the only place in our country where one can experience "tropical" scenery.....which is absolutely beautiful. The southwest is hot and flat (less humid) but I would not have missed it for anything. I want to see all the scenery I can see while I'm alive and that definitely includes Florida.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sloshy Shoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sloshy Shoe   Sloshy Shoe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sloshy Shoe
Page 1 of 1