Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Blinker Beeper

Go down 
+2
The Bern
janitorj1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Thought it might be time to digress:

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations for installing a "blinker beeper"? I find myself failing to cancel my blinkers from time to time, more often than not, and usually a couple miles down the road since my corner, and want to put something audible that reminds me to do that.

I drive a Lincoln with the left blinker permanently on. That's what you're supposed to do at my age. I don't want to miss any buffet dining experience that I might come upon, especially around 3 PM when it's my supper and senior discount time.

I have an FSM and all that and can figure out the wiring, just wanted to know if any of us can recommend what kind of part to use, where to mount it, etc. I guess I could wire it to the horn, but that might be a little bit much.

I could probably take the "dinger" out the Lincoln, but then I'd be lost there.

Jon

Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Any good ? ......... https://blinkerbuddy.com/ ..... it vibrates the seat Shocked
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Or maybe this from Kisan Electronics .... https://kisantech.com/mag/signalminder/sm-3.html
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Or a UK product that ships worldwide ... http://audicator.com/product.html
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Or you could use a two wire, but, the wires going to the indicators will each need a diode in line, general layout as per digram below (pinched from internet Wink ) The diodes are needed to prevent cross channel feedback (without them turning on either side would give 4 way indicators)

Blinker Beeper BuzzerWiringDiagram
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 3:56 pm

WOW! How about this for some help. You have gone over the top on this one. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 4:41 pm

You're too kind sir, the first three were 'dead links' in an old thread, all I did was update them to current websites Smile the last was how we did it before commercial (& cleverer) solutions became available (same wiring works if you want to add an extra warning light) Wink
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 6:16 pm

Yup, kudo's to the Bern. I think the 3 wire el-cheapo beeper will be my first option, of course the "seat of your pants" idea sounds weirdly interesting too.

Thanks Bern,

Jon
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 4:55 am

:Happy Holiday: You're welcome Jon :Happy Holiday:
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:59 am

I just fitted an audicator while I replaced my head bearings.

Apart from the manufacturers not stating they had changed the wiring colours (!) from the original instructions, fitting was quite easy and I hid the beeper under my dash on the Silverwing.

It has a variety of beeps to choose from. This could be needed in some countries as pedestrian crossing beeps for blind persons might sound similar.

A programmable time delay - starts after a preset number of flashes.

To avoid embarrassment from constant beeping at traffic lights, applying a brake (not the handbrake) silences the unit. After release, the preset delay kicks in and the beep returns.

Summary; a black mark for wrong instructions but assured me my packaging was a one-off. Quality unit, but some thought needs to be given to placement due to extreme weather. The brake light operated silencing is a definite must-have. Not always audible at highway/motorway speeds.

We ALL forget to cancel now and again. A simple distraction - like a pretty woman for us blokes - is all it needs.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 am

Thanks for that info bud, always good to have real time input :Happy Holiday:
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 am

IIRC CathyN fitted a self cancelling device on her scooter, will try & dig out the post/thread this evening.
Will also find the old thread I got the links from & post that, not for the links (as they are out of date) but for the banter it contains, it really is quite amusing Wink

EDIT: must be memory failure, been through Cathy's posts & can't find anything study scratch

Last edited by The Bern on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Back to top Go down
lewjayjr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-11-02

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 11:18 am

My 95 Honda Pacific Coast had self cancelling blinkers. The V30 Magna had to cancel them manually. The blinker on the dash needs to be much larger so I can see it.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Blinker Beeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinker Beeper   Blinker Beeper I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 7:09 am

The Bern wrote:
IIRC CathyN fitted a self cancelling device on her scooter, will try & dig out the post/thread this evening.
Will also find the old thread I got the links from & post that, not for the links (as they are out of date) but for the banter it contains, it really is quite amusing Wink

EDIT: must be memory failure, been through Cathy's posts & can't find anything study scratch

I wish. It would be nice to have. I have forgotten plenty of times to cancel my turn signals. I wish I had hazard lights too.
Back to top Go down

Blinker Beeper
Page 1 of 1