Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 4:55 pm

» I said Farewell...
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

This is a scooter forum

Go down 
+11
E.D.
Scootypuff Snr
cotetoi
pgnz
JeffR
Easyrider
Modernman1953
DennisB
DickO
"Hi Yo"
Cosmic_Jumper
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

This is a scooter forum Empty
PostSubject: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 12:21 pm

While it may have been lost on some, this is a forum for motor scooters --Silverwing scooters in particular.

There are other forums available for discussions about religion, politics, guns, and conspiracy theories, etc. This is not one of of those venues.

With all due respect to the good intentions of the members, the recent posts regarding handguns are being deleted.

Kindly refrain from bringing these subjects to the table in the future.

Tim
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
This is a scooter forum 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 1:14 pm

thumbs up

I have freedom of speech and you have freedom of delete. I agree with your stance.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Yes, I understand your stance also and will refrain from any future comments on gun subjects... but... the question was asked, and, some of us chose to respond as we felt was proper.  Seems to me that it was the admin who chose remarks that questioned a proper response.  After that, any comments made, were to respond tactfully and respectfully to that questioned position taken by the admin.  In other words, since the admin asked "why", he was told why.  Deleting that correctly answered response was wrong in my opinion but I can live with it and will continue on...
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 4:58 pm

deleted by JeffR
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:11 pm

I am in Tim's camp.  Not that it matters.

I will say this, that this forum is private property.  The rules are what they are.  If you don't like the rules, you can have a full refund.

Thanks for cleaning up all the "2nd Amendment" complaints and all of the "my gun is bigger than your gun" statements.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:25 pm

deleted by JeffR
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 12:27 am

Boy Dennis,
I have followed your posts with a lot of interest, I've even purchased several items from you, but ever since you returned from a prolonged absence, I "only my observations" sense a change in your attitude, and subjects of your posts. It would be a sad day should you decide to leave this forum, but maybe this forum is not for you anymore. I may disagree with some of Tim's actions, but he and the other mods have the responsibility to keep this a forum for the Silverwing scooter. I too thought the responses about what people packed when touring were appropriately answered. Although I disagree with the practice. 

Good job Tim

Last edited by Easyrider on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 1:00 am

I hope members understand why Tim made this post.  We as "mods" have to walk a tight rope at times to keep this forum civil.  We have always been very open and very much for 'free speech' but with all the different personalities on this forum it is easy for some to take a post wrong.  As for some recent posts or comments on handguns that may have been deleted, others need to remember that just recently 5 people were shot and 1 killed due to politics.  

So I hope everyone can understand why Tim did this.  Tim just doesn't make posts or delete posts just for his health.  We 'mods' also realize that sometimes we 'step on toes' in order to try to keep the forum a civil forum.  For those that have been members for a long time know that we very rarely ban people or delete entire posts.  I also would like to thank those that will stand behind us mods at times.

Dennis, your comment was off base and I hope you come back and edit it. If you don't I will edit it. You have no right or reason to say what you did about Tim or people that backed him.

Sometimes it is very difficult for a forum to be very big on free speech but also not turn people off on the forum.  I just hope I'm wording this properly so people understand why we do things the way we do.

Thanks,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
pgnz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
pgnz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 5:46 am

Well, this is all very interesting, but only for those in the good old USA, the land of the free ???. For a good other number of members of this site, who reside in other parts of the world, carried on board items such as guns etc are as much reviled as snakes, spiders tarantulas, crocodiles and more. So we really like the information from all of the older ? (am I allowed to say that as a 68 yrs old), members and their combined wisdom, regarding Silverwing Scooters !!!!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 6:26 am

Jeff

It all stands as the truth. I don't buy into what's going on in this world today. 99 percent of it is contrived and fake events to control the mines of the masses that still slumber. Some day...When you wake, you will realize what a horrible mistake you made. You turned Left.

Change it if you want. I still believe in this country...And the truth... And like you, I took an the Oath.

Brain washing. You need to remember FAST & FURIOUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-ZDaZ0xmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwo9lARAgg

And Tim still needs to step down...He is way to compromised.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 7:48 am

Inappropriate content deleted by Admin
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 9:11 am

You know what : this forum is about the Silverwing scooter, period. We all talk about pet peeves and likes and dislikes, as all human beings do; but we always keep it civil, and off of topics that tend to divide people. That's why politics, religion and such are kept to a minimum.
I applaud the actions of the admin who take action to not only limit but delete contentious posts. Politics is a world-wide phenomenon: not everyone cares or relates to US politics which stirs up the bulk of the controversy on this site. Keep politics and religion out and keep this site civil for all. There are SWing riders all over the World, not just the US.
And, yes, I wave to Harley riders.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 10:12 am

chickendance  Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Dennis, you win the prize.

Regrettably you've given me little choice but to give you some time off. Hopefully you'll take this opportunity to reflect and reassess your recent relationship to our forum.

Tim

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 10:57 am

I'm glad that's all resolved.

This is the second wave of postings going totally "off rail"
I have had the misfortune to own & moderate forums and know moderators will never win,and actually the reason I dislike social media but you cannot survive in the modern world without it.

Gentleman you get my vote,I wish to learn about SW & am genuinely interested in peoples Countries & tradition.

Will this topic of rants be deleted??
Back to top Go down
E.D.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
E.D.

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-05-29

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 1:57 pm

"I applaud the actions of the admin who take action to not only limit but delete contentious posts. Politics is a world-wide phenomenon: not everyone cares or relates to US politics which stirs up the bulk of the controversy on this site. Keep politics and religion out and keep this site civil for all. There are SWing riders all over the World, not just the US."

I totally agree with the former posters comments above, and I agree with Tim and all administrators.
I apologize for bringing up the subject, I should have realized the implications on a worldwide forum. I am in the USA, Land of the Free, and Home of the Brave. I'll try not to get carried away about it. This is a Silverwing Scooter forum, and I will be sure to stay on topic from now on.
Some of you may wonder why I am even on here, since I don't ride a Silverwing, but instead I ride a Burgman 400 and a Burgman 650. But I ride with a bunch of Silverwing riders, and I believe all of us in scooterdom should stick together. The St Pete Scooter Club is open to all, even motorcycles and trikes and spyders. I seriously was considering getting a Silverwing, but I got a really good deal that I couldn't refuse on the 650, so I went with it. But the Honda Silverwings are just fine with me. Even the 300cc Forza was a great scooter riding with us. Unfortunately that rider suddenly passed away last year. (Silent pause in Rememberance of Roger, may he R.I.P..)
It is always good reading your posts and contributing where I can.
Sincerely,
E.D.

Last edited by E.D. on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Looking in from the outside all this off topic stuff is good entertainment, but its the internet so I don't take it too seriously.
Can we get back to bikes now please?
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Holy Moly! I leave for a couple of days and come home to this??? What have you kids been up to?

I too thought this forum was about 1) Silver Wings; 2) maxi-scooters generally and; 3) riding. IMO, the rest of the off topic, controversial and distracting chatter has no place here.

I totally agree with cotetoi & E.D. ... keep on keeping on Tim, JeffR and the rest of our brave mods. Nobody said every day was going to be fun and games. I, as many do, thank you for your contribution in what can be a thankless role at times.

Back to top Go down
Tn Traveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-06-17

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 6:17 pm

I do not respond to three types of posts {politics, unionism & religion}.
Just makes life less stressful. COME VISIT EAST TENNESSEE & So.West Virginia
It reminds me of the Southern Belle - her favoritew was "HOW NICE".
I read the posts but no pot stiring.
Anyone know where I could find Tow Pac brackets for a S/wing Insta trike kit
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Have you contacted the company?
http://towpacusa.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a scooter forum   This is a scooter forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is a scooter forum
Page 1 of 1