Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from exeter new hampshire

Go down 
+2
DennisB
alien
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alien
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Hello from exeter new hampshire Empty
PostSubject: Hello from exeter new hampshire   Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi Folks I'm a new member from Exeter, New Hampshire. I live due west from the Atlantic Ocean about 10 miles. I bought a 2002 Swing this July from the original owner. It had 24k miles on it and was in fine condition. This older gentleman always had it serviced at the honda dealership. I am going to change the drive belt to kevlar, and was wondering of the pros and cons of such a move. I don't usually venture to far from the manufactuers recommendations or specs. Any advice or feedback will be much appreciated. thanks Alien
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from exeter new hampshire   Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi Alien,

Welcome aboard the forum. Sounds like you have a great scooter.

Good to have you here.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
alien
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: thanks DennisB   Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Yes I want to put things in order mechanically speaking so that I feel comfortable with my machine on long distance trips. I'm planning a trip to South Dakota this summer 2010. Two weeks in either July or August. I may end up going solo but that fine too. Why S.D.? It's one of my favorite states. Excellent roads of all kinds and locations. Just gotta go!
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from exeter new hampshire   Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:59 am

Hi Alien and welcome. Our Exeter is in the county of Devon. Hello from exeter new hampshire 993612
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from exeter new hampshire   Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:07 am

Alien,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not certain, but believe that the orginal belt, which is manufactured by Mitsuboshi, may be a kevlar impregnated belt. If the orignal owner stuck to the maintenance schedule and replaced the belt at 16,000 miles you should be good until around 32,000 miles.

But if you wish to change for peace of mind, I understand that completely and would encourage you to check with the folks at www.scootertrap.com for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from exeter new hampshire   Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:24 am

Welcome Alien! You are only 80 miles away (not even half a Sunday ride for me!) its great to have another forum member and SW owner so close. We will have to get together before the sno' flies. I feel there is a long distance trip in my future as well Hello from exeter new hampshire Icon_lol Please post any questions you have or use the search option, either way you will find the folks here are very helpful. PM me if you want to meet Saturday.

Paul
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from exeter new hampshire   Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Hello and welcome!

Doubt you'll find a belt that has no Kevlar in it - it's just that the after-market manufacturers say 'Kevlar' to attract buyers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from exeter new hampshire   Hello from exeter new hampshire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from exeter new hampshire
Page 1 of 1