Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Connector for stop light in top case

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fgaiazzi
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
fgaiazzi

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-01

Connector for stop light in top case Empty
PostSubject: Connector for stop light in top case   Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 11:09 am

Hello friends, I have bought a top case and I have installed it on my Silver Wing.  I have put some leds on it, and then I have connected them with the brakes.  They iluminate very well. Smile
I have put a RCA female connector on the base, and a RCA male connector in the top case. I can remove the top case and carry it with me.  Later, when I put the top case in its position, both RCA connectors are connected, and the leds bright when I use the brakes.
The problem is when I am riding, the movement of the motorcycle goes to the top case, and the electrical connection between both parts of RCA fails.
Sometimes the leds bright, sometimes they don´t shine.  When they don´t bright, I apply a little of force on the superior part of the case, and they bright.
I am thinking in replacing RCA connection system with another kind of connectors, but I do not which one.  I do not want to connect by hand every time I put the top case, and later disconnect mannualy when I remove the top case.  I am looking for a connection system that connect both parts automatically. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Connector for stop light in top case Attachment20160425_113508.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(219 Kb) Downloaded 43 times
Connector for stop light in top case Attachment20160425_113458.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(263 Kb) Downloaded 31 times
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Connector for stop light in top case   Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 12:45 pm

I have friends who have experienced the same problem with Givi's own connectors for top box lights.

I can see the desire not to have to manually connect and disconnect wires but I feel sure it's the only way to ensure a reliable connection.

If I were to do it I'd use these:

http://www.marine-products.com/seadog-polarized-connector-2-wire-plug-socket-426880-1.html

Back to top Go down
fgaiazzi
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
fgaiazzi

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Connector for stop light in top case   Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 1:46 pm

Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Connector for stop light in top case   Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:13 pm

My lights are from Admire lights that I installed in my GIVI top box. It came with a push on, twist lock connector. Maybe Radio Shack might have something similar. I rarely remove my top box, so it is not a problem to manually disconnect the connector for the light. I like the additional rear lights, especially with my modulator.

Connector for stop light in top case Img_2015

Connector for stop light in top case Img_2010

Connector for stop light in top case Img_2014
Back to top Go down
hankster
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Connector for stop light in top case   Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:40 pm

I purchased these and they work great. Nice thing is they have 6 wires so you can also wire up running lights, brake lights and turn signals with this single plug. The wire is small so I'd make sure to always use LEDs with it. 2 pair of plugs for $8.30 is hard to beat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pairs-6Pin-Waterproof-Black-Cable-Wire-Connectors-IP68-Aviation-Contact-/181603943781

Connector for stop light in top case S-l1600
Back to top Go down
mike712
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Connector for stop light in top case   Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Easyrider,  Where did you get your lights?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Connector for stop light in top case   Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Admore Lighting: http://www.admorelighting.com/

Givi's own kit: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-e97-halogen-brakelight-stoplight-kit-for-e52-maxia-topcase
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Connector for stop light in top case   Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 3:42 am

mike712 wrote:
Easyrider,  Where did you get your lights?

I purchased my lights directly from Admorelighting.com for $143.00. I think that the new price is $129.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connector for stop light in top case   Connector for stop light in top case I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Connector for stop light in top case
Page 1 of 1