Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Jakes Toys
by GHM-PM Today at 7:57 am

» Something funky going on with the front wheel
by Meldrew Today at 3:37 am

» Returning member
by GTscootz Yesterday at 8:07 pm

» Please submit a picture of your Silver Wing
by ozzman Yesterday at 6:13 pm

» Proof read before sending texts
by oldwingguy Yesterday at 5:08 pm

» Drive belt
by john grinsel Yesterday at 3:43 pm

» Stick to you budget boy
by KurtPerthWA Yesterday at 10:03 am

» No ride but an interesting day never the less. The flying brush hog
by Meldrew Yesterday at 12:33 am

» front fork lower 600t v 600d
by phils a winger Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:31 pm

» ABS Transplant and restoration.
by Cosmic_Jumper Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:02 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Took a Ride

Go down 
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2447
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Took a Ride   Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Tired of sitting around......and Chattanooga sucks as place to live----Traffic so bad getting out of city and back in, wasted an hour going both ways-----but lane spitting/filtering forbidden===what stupid law makers!!

Goal was Grenada MS----$18 room on Army National Guard Base , as Billeting office closes at 4:30 Central Time, decided to stop....Tupelo MS, nice Motel 6, clean, not crowded, park right in front of room....not cheap,, but ok.

Food---usually I bitch about food in South....due to their low standards----But Bonanza, which appears to once have been chain steak house, now looks like local=wonderful, had steak, fresh crisp salad bar, instead of the usual wilted stuff!

Gas mileage=at least 2 tanks at 60mpg----reason slow speeds, tail wind on Natchez Trace.

As always the feet forward position caused some lower back pain, overcome by stopping more often and a couple of pain pills.

Buffeting=real bad. Just bad design of scooter---somewhat overcome with helmet face shield/ear plugs. Really strong cross winds on way home...got blown around sometimes.

Weather warm/no rain...but still winter cool-- Aerostich Darien pants worn over long underwear, Darien Jacket with feather jacket as inner (bought in the north as liners, etc for southern market only look the part) Boots, Wolverine Waterproof (saves carrying rubber boots for rain. Gloves Ski for the real morning cold/Langltz for afternoon.Probably could/should have used my Aerostich heated bib----but as always it was just along for the ride.

Lots of back roads....need some newer maps....but old ones not worn out yet.

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin

Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Took a Ride   Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Thanks John for taking us along! Sounds like a good trip over all. I am going in to Phoenix on my SWing tomorrow to attend the Motorcycle Show:

http://motorcycleshows.com/

Can't wait to see some of the new rides!!! Should be about 130 miles round-trip.
Back to top Go down

Took a Ride
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: