Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical

Go down 
+11
Winger61
MikeO
bikerboy
Art
Meldrew
ScottO
"Hi Yo"
exavid
Old Limey
john grinsel
dspevack
15 posters
AuthorMessage
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical Empty
PostSubject: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Hi Everyone,
Its been a while since I popped in.  I remember that some of you, John Grinsel in particular were talking about pet carriers.
I came across this today and thought I'd share.
New Pet Carrier

Dan
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Looks fine to me----I use Givi E46 Box with hole cut in top for head---made template with smaller hole after my Jack Russell died----smaller hole was for Yorkshire, who since gone with old age.

I think about 10 lbs about max for dog on rear of bike----moving around they can have an effect on haindling.

Wife and friend presently looking for dog for back of scooter-----they brought me one but he grew to over 20 lbs-----he now lives in northern TN.

note: I have tried small dogs in bag on scooter hump=too much of distraction for rider.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 12:46 pm

I am surprised at you John. Why do you need to transport an animal on your Scooter? I am pretty sure it is against the law in UK to have any Animal in a top box on a two wheeled vehicle.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:40 pm

Not illegal in the US. I've seen a couple of bikes with the top box adapted for a dog. One pretty cool rig I saw a few years ago was a guy who took his black lab with him and his Goldwing. The dog rode in a trailer the fellow built for him. It had a large door on the rear to let the dog in and out, there was a port hole on each side the dog could stick his head out and the floor was leather covered with memory foam under it. There was a large window on the front and back that was covered with lexan.
It was fun watching that dog, he got out of his trailer wearing his helmet and went around checking out the eight of us in the group. Very friendly dog. When everyone started putting helmets on to get moving the dog made a beeline back into his trailer eager to go.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 2:31 pm

One of our members, Somerled, had a trailer to carry his German shepherd. I belive it was a service dog. You can look under his posts to see it. cheers

Back to top Go down
ScottO
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ScottO

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 6:39 pm

My wife has stuffed our dachshund down the front of her coat the last few times we've road (she's got a Burgman 650 executive). We have a "basket" that is for a bicycle we plan on securing to the seat for this summer.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:17 pm

That reminds me of a US biker I read about, he hit and injured a skunk that ran out in the road near his home. His wife an animal lover who was riding pillion with him was a bit upset and wanted them pick it up to take it to the local vet.

He agreed but it was a sports bike they were riding it had limited carrying capacity for the injured animal. It was also a cold day and getting dark. His wife said they should keep the injured skunk warm. Her husband suggested as he was riding the bike she should pick up the the skunk and keep it warm by carrying it down the front of her panties like kangaroos do with their joeys/ baby kangaroos. Then they'd take it to the vets.

A bit concerned she said "What about the smell"?, he replied  "It'll have to get used to it"! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ScottO
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ScottO

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm glad my wife draws the line at skunks. Another time we we're riding and a couple small dogs kept running out in the street. It took a lot of convincing on my part for to not grab those two dogs and bring home on her scooter.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:11 pm

There's a fellow in my area that carries two lapdogs in modified soft bags on his Burgman
I had a cat that would ride on my shoulder on the bike at one time, though not on anything faster than surface streets of course
that jacket had more holes in the shoulder than a fishing net Laughing
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Pet on wheels makes carrying a pet legal and safe   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:22 pm

Not illegal in UK AFAIK but not that common.  I think that a chap in the Pan Clan had a top box with a hole in the top for his dog's head, it was fitted with a plastic dome to keep the breeze out (and the dog in presumably !).
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 12:41 am

Years ago my bride and I flew our C170B from Tacoma, WA to Kotzbue, AK with our young cat. It was kind of funny, he didn't like the engine noise on take off so he'd go back onto the hat shelf on take off. As we flew North he first moved to the back seat and eventually by the time we crossed the border into Alaska he was sitting on my wife's lap on the right seat. One thing about flying with a cat it that they don't need seat belts. With the slightest turbulence our cat would latch, very solidly onto whatever was closest. Lucky for me he usually was closer to my wife.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 8:06 am

There is nothing in the Highway Code referring to carrying pets on motorcycles. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that it is not illegal.

This rule is the closest and I guess that if a dog, for example, was 'riding' a motorcycle, it is common sense to follow the rule although it applies to animals travelling in cars:

Rule 57

When in a vehicle make sure dogs or other animals are suitably restrained so they cannot distract you while you are driving or injure you, or themselves, if you stop quickly. A seat belt harness, pet carrier, dog cage or dog guard are ways of restraining animals in cars.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 9:20 am

Seem to remember seeing pictures on BurgmanUSA of someone called Bob, IIRC, whose dog used to sit on the pillion, unrestrained. No harness, just a bum on the seat!
Only in America!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Found it!!
(Both grey cells working today!!)

http://honda-tech.com/honda-motorcycles-26/sandy-dog-motorcycle-pillion-rider-2044523/
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 3:34 pm

My dogs won't go near the bike. Not for want of trying, I'd love to take 'em out for a ride but they're scaredy cats...err, dogs.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Winger61 wrote:
Seem to remember seeing pictures on BurgmanUSA of someone called Bob, IIRC, whose dog used to sit on the pillion, unrestrained. No harness, just a bum on the seat!
Only in America!! Smile

The cattle- and sheep dogs in Oz do that for a living on a daily basis Basketball
Back to top Go down
Silverwinglicious
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwinglicious

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:13 pm

That would make bringing dog to the vet fun.....
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Or make the dog avoid all possible rides.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:00 pm

My dog has no problem going to the vet
until I open the door to go in Laughing
Back to top Go down
razorback
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
razorback

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 11:07 pm

wheres the photos??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical   Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet On Wheels makes carrying a pet safe and practical
Page 1 of 1