Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 10:31 am

» New to Me Swing
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

that intermittent malfunctioning

Go down 
AuthorMessage

that intermittent malfunctioning Empty
PostSubject: that intermittent malfunctioning   that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 pm

I'm taking my bike to the dealer's this Saturday- on my son's pick-up. The FI light finally came on and started flashing 8 times. Means, they say, that the throttle position sensor either has a loose wire or has failed. It could have started to fail back the first time I had trouble. Maybe wasn't bad gas at all?? My brother was an electronic eq mechanic in the Air Force (read: black box changer) and says things starting to fail can look like lots of other problems. He may be being nice about my stupidity. If the dealer's replacement fixes the malfunctioning I will return to using 87.
Thanks for all the suggestions. Hope I get it back before we get snow.
We have had a beautiful September here in the Yoop but it can't last.
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: that intermittent malfunctioning   that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:02 pm

It is Oct. 8 and the scoot is still at the dealers. The computer showed that the position sensor had indeed reported 8 flashes but the mechanics at the dealer could not get it to repeat. Honda in California says the main computer has never had a failure and neither has the throttle sensor. They suggested wiring so continuity tests and plug-in exams were done. Nothing found. I went down there (70 miles) and idled it as I had done on 3 consecutive days in my driveway and gotten flashing lights on FI. No flashing light at the dealers! Arranged to have my son drive me down to ride it back in the cold today... until the dealer called to say that now there is a puddle of anti-freeze under the bike. They took off the plastic and discovered that the upper radiator hose needs replacing. Another charge!! And it will probably be snowing before I can ride it back. Well, my Reflex is riding fine with 47000 miles on it. That is some consolation.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: that intermittent malfunctioning   that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Man you are so much wiser than I. We sold our Reflexes when we got the SilverWings.

Sorry to hear about the electrical problems. Be sure to keep us informed when the outcome is determined.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: that intermittent malfunctioning   that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:48 pm

rode the scoot 55 mi back to its storage shed today. kinda cool (40) but she performed beautifully. my best guess is that some wiring connection must have been loose. everything seems ok now with nothing needing to be replaced. too bad it is too cool for any serious touring. maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: that intermittent malfunctioning   that intermittent malfunctioning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

that intermittent malfunctioning
Page 1 of 1