Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

G'Day from Melbourne

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

G'Day from Melbourne  Empty
PostSubject: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:22 am

Today at 17:04

by PeterC (online) - First post - G'day all

Yes, yes an Australian joined your forum.  I see there's a couple of us on here.  I just wanted to introduce myself: Peter from Melbourne which is in the bottom South-East corner of the mainland.  Cooks in summer and freezes in winter but we love it.
Acquired my SWing Thing a couple of months back from my brother who picked it up off eBay at a very good price. He already had a Burger and wasn't sure it was for him.  After he had it for a couple of months and barely touched it I convinced him to onsell the Honda to me.  Have used it for the occasional commute to work (68km round trip) and some short pleasure rides.  Even got my dear wife on as pillion for a pleasant short Sunday trip a week back.
Look forward to chatting and learning from you folks (mostly blokes it seems) over the weeks and months ahead.

Cheers,  Peter C.
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:42 am

Hi PeterC, welcome from the UK.
I am quite new myself, only had my SW 3 months.
Have found this forum to be an excellent source of info, full of interesting topics and personal stories.

Tommo.

Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:48 am

Cheers Tommo. Been many years since I was in the UK but keep on touch by watching 'Escape to the Country' with my bride. LOL
We spent a few months in Kent where I worked in Tunbridge Wells back in the late 80s. Agree the forum is great as I've visited for a while before registering.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 2:26 pm

hi, PeterC,
welcome to the forum from a Brisbane SW rider. As you would have observed, there are not many Silverwings around in Oz. I have not seen another one on the road around SE Queensland.
Apart from tires I get all my parts and accessories from overseas through the internet. Not that I needed any spare parts yet, this scooter is very reliable. The glorious part of living in this part of the country is that one can ride all year around. I can't do the big miles anymore, which some of the guys from the US and UK seem to be doing on a regular basis but I do enjoy my day trips and get out at least once a day. sunny
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi there Gremlin. Good to hook up with you. Also worked in Brisbane at QR for 3 years in the early 90's and beaut part of the world. Wouldn't fancy riding during some of those storms you have however! Thanks for the Welcome. And I agree there doesn't appear to be much by the way of an after market for SW add-ons (was gonna say SWing things but...)
If I ever decide to ride the 1700km up the Newell Hwy I'll let you know but don't think that will happen anytime soon. Cheers
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
G'Day from Melbourne  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Welcome PeterC. We enjoy all of our riders from the land down under, except the one we had to stick in the korner. Laughing

welcome welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 5:25 pm

Thanks Hi Yo. I know to be wary of you now; -)
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
G'Day from Melbourne  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 3:06 pm

PeterC wrote:
Thanks Hi Yo. I know to be wary of you now; -)

Not me, it's Kurt from Perth you have to watch out for.

He'll make you die laughing.     rolling laughter Check out his korner. He's got a wicked sense of humor/humour.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 7:51 am

Welcome to the best SWing site on the web PeterC.

I just finished my second season on my 08 SWing and love it. We've had a good Autumn so far but it's going to start getting cold in the next few days. Oh Well. I'm retired so if I don't want to go out in the cold I don't have to with the exception of cleaning the snow off the driveway.

Again, WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi Dale and thanks for the welcome! Happily we're moving through spring and into summer so good riding weather. In 6 months the tables will turn of course. I do look forward to retirement - you make me envious but you can keep that snow caper...horrible stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Melbourne    G'Day from Melbourne  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G'Day from Melbourne
Page 1 of 1