Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» May 2024 forum picture
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Sinko De Mayo
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» checking the oil
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors

Go down 
+2
vmaximus
trouble1100
6 posters
AuthorMessage
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors Empty
PostSubject: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Those of you that are looking to add electrical devices and want to MAKE YOUR OWN "Y" taps or what is known here as the "Dennis B" connector, the source for the connector blocks can be found here ........  

http://electricalconnection.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_59

hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors Honda_10

Last edited by trouble1100 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vmaximus
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Honda electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 2:02 pm

For the UK riders. Towzatronics  of Stapleford, Nottingham,Address: Unit 1, Barton Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham NG10 2FN Phone:07724 410622  supply all the connectors that you want, also via Ebay.I have dealt with them before and found them very helpful.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks, chaps.

Perhaps someone will invest in the kit and make them to sell. Wink
Back to top Go down
vmaximus
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: honda electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 3:59 pm

No kit required, I just used a cable terminal crimper/wire stripper,  snipe nosed pliers, male /female connectors and terminals, enough wire to complete the job and patience. I made mine to connect trailer wiring to the rear harness, I have not had any problems with it so far and it has been fitted for about 3 years. Simples.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Thanks for the link, Ron. But actually the Hitachi Connector used on SWs is a 6-pin connector; running lights, left turn, right turn, brake light, and ground (neutral) --leaving one terminal empty.

Here is a link for the 6-pin connector:
http://electricalconnection.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=Hatachi+6+pin+connector&product_id=143

Tim
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Ah! I thought there was a 'tool' involved.
I have the ones you've mentioned. Smile
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Thanks for the link, Ron. But actually the Hitachi Connector used on SWs is a 6-pin connector; running lights, left turn, right turn, brake light, and ground (neutral) --leaving one terminal empty

My bad, I booted the picture from Dennis B's post and thought it was a 4-pin. Thanks Tim!
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
BrianInVA

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2022-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:11 am

I fully realize this is a VERY old thread. However, the ElectricalConnection link about still sells the 6 pin Hitachi connector noted above, if you search their site for “Hitachi 6 pin connector.”

What exactly is involved in completing this wiring assembly to hook up trailer lights for the Silverwing?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 9:44 am

BrianInVA wrote:
(Snip)
What exactly is involved in completing this wiring assembly to hook up trailer lights for the Silverwing?

Source 20ga wire (good luck)—preferably of the same color codes (good luck with that too
Cut the wires to the proper length to fit between the connectors (say ~6”)
Cut additional wires to whatever length you’ll need for the trailer
Mate those trailer wires to the proper color wires you’ve selected for brake, turn, and running lights.
Crimp the mated wire ends into the connector terminals
Crimp the non-mated wire end to another of the connector terminals
Insure that the wires are securely attached to the terminals
Insert the assembled wires into the appropriate holes of the Hitachi connectors
Unplug the original connecter and insert your new connector between the original connector halves.

Or…  Just use Posi-Tap connectors on the original wiring.

hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors E5582910

Not quite as neat as a plug ‘n play connector, but less trouble and much expensive than 20ga wiring.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 9:45 pm

Buy LED lights many options for trailers and won't add much of a current draw to existing wiring and they are bright.  Posi-Tap do pierce the harness but a little grease in there will keep the moisture out.

Ebay maybe, find a taillight harness and cut and splice what you need.
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
BrianInVA

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 10:59 pm

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Buy LED lights many options for trailers and won't add much of a current draw to existing wiring and they are bright.  Posi-Tap do pierce the harness but a little grease in there will keep the moisture out.
Ebay maybe, find a taillight harness and cut and splice what you need.

Fortunately the used trailer I brought home has fully functioning LED lights already.hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors 9ec13f10
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
BrianInVA

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 10:23 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
BrianInVA wrote:
(Snip)

Or…  Just use Posi-Tap connectors on the original wiring.

hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors E5582910

Not quite as neat as a plug ‘n play connector, but less trouble and much expensive than 20ga wiring.
Great recommendation, thanks. I HATE electrical work, of any kind, and have always avoided it. But these look simple and direct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors   hitachi - Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda (Hitachi) electrical connectors
Page 1 of 1