Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hagon Shock.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2013-10-08

Hagon Shock. Empty
PostSubject: Hagon Shock.   Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 4:53 am

Just a quick Thank you! To whoever it was who posted the link to the set of Hagon shocks on eBay UK. I contacted the seller Sam a really nice guy from Worksop he assured me they had been used for two trips before he removed them to sell the bike.
They turned up today and are like new!
In the package he included some rubber covers so that I can remove the top bolts without stripping the bikes plastics off.
Has anybody else ever done the shocks this way and if so where do I cut the holes?
Back to top Go down
Tone
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tone

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Hagon Shock. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon Shock.   Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 9:32 am

Think that was me! Glad it did someone a good turn.........

Tone
Back to top Go down
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Hagon Shock. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon Shock.   Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks Tone you've helped make me a very happy person.
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Hagon Shock. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon Shock.   Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 am

HORNBLOWER wrote:
Just a quick Thank you! To whoever it was who posted the link to the set of Hagon shocks on eBay UK. I contacted the seller Sam a really nice guy from Worksop he assured me they had been used for two trips before he removed them to sell the bike.
They turned up today and are like new!
In the package he included some rubber covers so that I can remove the top bolts without stripping the bikes plastics off.
Has anybody else ever done the shocks this way and if so where do I cut the holes?

If you do a search using "shocks" as the search term, you will find a post by john&lesley under "pictorials and maintenance" showing how to drill the holes to get to the upper shock bolts. You don't have to remove any bodywork to remove the stock and install the Hagon shocks though.
Back to top Go down
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Hagon Shock. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon Shock.   Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 6:04 am

Thank you sctr199!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Hagon Shock. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon Shock.   Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Here is a link to a post I made awhile back regarding Hagon as well as other aftermarket shocks:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t5686-replacement-rear-shock-absorbers?highlight=Rear+shocks

Tim
Back to top Go down
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Hagon Shock. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon Shock.   Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 2:26 pm

I decided to strip the back of the bike to fit the Hagon shocks yesterday. There wasn't too much to take off and the new shocks fitted easily. I wanted to take everything apart because I had noticed a couple loose nuts holding the lower luggage compartment at the front and the centre catch wasn't working very well. When it was all apart I cut two holes in the sides of the luggage compartment big enough to fit the bolts and washers through I fitted in blanking washers which I sealed into place with Black flexible gutter sealant and then reassembled everything. When i had almost finished I found I had two 12mm nuts left over that I couldn't identify and had definitely not taken off! The only thing that fitted the nuts were the bolts to hold the rack on! Doh! I hadn't realised that two of the bolts on the rear upper frame had captivated nuts in that could fall out!
I went for a 100 mile trip with my son pillion today and I was amazed at how much better the scooter felt especially on corners!
I also took out the K&N filter and replaced it with a standard filter and the original plugs which I replaced with Iridium ones. Got to do an oil change tomorrow and the final drive!

I wanted to fit Hyperpro springs at the front but can't get them at the moment because Hyperpro are on holiday for for two weeks and they have two weeks of back orders as well.

I can't thank all the people on this site enough for all the useful information that Ive managed to find on here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hagon Shock. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon Shock.   Hagon Shock. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hagon Shock.
Page 1 of 1