Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?

Go down 
+3
dspevack
honda_silver
Rolly56
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rolly56
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? Empty
PostSubject: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:50 pm

G'day All.I ride an 07 silver Silverwing.It's the only colour that appeared to be available down here.It's amazing to search the net and see just what We down under have been missing out on.Very little is available, either genuine or aftermarket for the Silverwing in this country.I find my wing is an exceptional machine straight out of the box.The wind screen is a pain.Very noisey at cruising speed.It will be replaced.The front forks are too soft and under damped.A 1" spacer and the next heavier grade fork oil has made a big difference.The original tyres are crap.Hard as hell and just wont wear out.18,000 kilometres so far,and show hardly any wear.No,I dont flog it as it is my main means of transport.I like long trips,2 to Queensland so far with a 3rd coming up in November.About 1050 kilometres each way.Takes about 14 hours with fuel and food breaks.I live 160 kilometres south of Sydney.Till next time,Cheers and Beers.Rolly.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Rolly56 wrote:
G'day All.I ride an 07 silver Silverwing.It's the only colour that appeared to be available down here.

Welcome

Rolly56 wrote:
It's amazing to search the net and see just what We down under have been missing out on.Very little is available, either genuine or aftermarket for the Silverwing in this country.

Are you able to utilize any of the Japanese market for aftermarket items ... because they have more than anyone?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Between here and Silverwing.org, you will find virtually everything available for the Silverwing.

The Japanese do have a few unusual items, but that's more for extreme customization, rather than utilitarian items.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:29 pm

G'day Rolly, welcome to the forum.
re accessories have a talk to Dennis on this forum and check out the classifieds in the back of the local bike mags for screen manufacturers, Eagle Screens comes to mind, but I believe they may only be west coast, There should be something available over there in Sydeny.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Please post any manufacturers of Silverwing accessories you find in Australia. I collect them and post them on the .org board. So far the only thing we have coming from Australia is a cruise control.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:14 am

G'day Rolly. Do you have IRC tyres fitted? I have these on mine too and have to say that after 9000 miles there doesn't appear to be any wear. :union jack:
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:12 am

Rolly56,

Welcome to the forum. I had a chance to ride the Hume Highway from ACT to Albury once. Enjoy the SilverWing.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi Rolly et al. I'm afraid I'm a mechanical philistine so when you say a 1" spacer and the next heavier grade oil will improve the soft forks I don't have a clue where the spacer fits in or how to replace the oil. In fact I wouldn't even know what grade I would need.

Now I've noticed that a few people have suggested changing to non OEM shocks, but that's not financially practical for me so your cheaper fix has sparked my interest.

Can you or anyone else provide some sort of explanation/idiots guide on how to do this... for this ere (mechanical) idiot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Wow sounds like some great trips. I took my first long trip a few weeks ago 2000 miles and that bike was so comfortable. Tons of power and just cruised with no effort at 70.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?   Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverwing rider from Down Under.Accessories. Whats available?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: