Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Today at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dan's Scooter Adventures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

Dan's Scooter Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:46 am

Yesterday, I got in a mini group ride on a Two Wheeled Texans Pie Run. It was previously set for Saturday but with the heavy rains was re-set for Sunday. Ordinarily you'll see 30 or more riders at this monthly event and many will ride fairly long distance for these and will make it into a moto camping trip. The lion share of these bikes are dual sport.

Some riding buddies from Dallas showed up on their Burgman's and another local rode in on his SW. All total 8 showed, one on a new Victory Vision (gorgeous bike), an older 99 BMW R1100 RT and a couple of dual sport BMW's. Interestingly this restaurant did not have pie but the BBQ and beans were tasty. This photo was taken just as we got there as several others rolled in later. This is the R1100 RT, my SW and several Burgman's.

Weather was awesome as this was the first break we've had for a long time from the rain.

Last edited by DanB on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Thank you for your ride report. Did you keep track of how many miles you rode? It looks like you need more practice posting pictures though. Wink
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:32 pm

Sounds like a great ride. Smile
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Yep true on the pics as I tried to post and even cropped them. May have to edit on PC for download?

Mileage for me was not so much, maybe 125 miles. All but one of the other riders was from the Metroplex as that added about 300+ miles for them.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:09 am

Dan read through this post by Jeff that may help you some.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dan's Scooter Adventures 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:11 am

BBQ and beans + a ride with friends. Sounds great as long as you avoid Twin Peaks.     sunny     Laughing     sunny

Where was the restaurant? You know I will ride 200 miles to eat lunch.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 9:44 am

The Purple Pig is on Hwy. 155 just before the light at Brookshires just before crossing the first bridge at Lake Palestine.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 7:58 am

Last night I had an interested buyer on my Honda 919 call me and says he's mailing a deposit today and will pickup in 2 weeks. I was beginning to think I might be keeping the bike as there had been little interest and others were for sale on CL with lower mileage and cheaper. The Honda 919 also known as the Hornet in Europe and the Honda CB 900 is perhaps one of the more under appreciated bikes Honda made. It's wicked fast and light but is a standard naked motorycle that was left in the dust by newer crotch rockets with 150+ hp. Those who own them think it's perhaps one of the finest motorcycles Honda ever made. For me though, it will be a distant memory as I reduce my bikes down to one, my beautiful SW.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Dan I have a friend that owns a scooter shop and also has a vacation home in Georgia. Every time he buys or has a trade in that he thinks is the perfect scooter/bike to take up to his Georgia home someone quickly buys it. He always says the shop gets first chance, if it sells before he goes up to Georgia it wasn't meant to be his.
Good luck with your sale.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Thanks Model. Yesterday I rode the 919 to work as the inspection sticker had run out and the buyer sounded pretty serious so I got it inspected. There had been no forecast for rain but by 4pm thunder started up and it started raining. I sat around under a customers front porch waiting for it to quit. After about 15 min. it started letting up so I jumped on the bike and headed home on my 40 mile ride. What I didn't know was that the storm was moving south and I caught up with it and rode into the hardest rain I've ever ridden in and all without a rain suit. Since I don't normally ride this bike as my daily driver the rain suit was stored in my Givi top box on my SW. By the time I got home every thing was soaking wet and the hot shower brought me back to life. What an intense experience that was. Next time I'll study the radar more and plan better. Without a fairing on the 919 there was little weather protection. Curious how the SW does in a real hard rain?

Got the buyers deposit today so looks official, the 919 is sold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Scooter Adventures   Dan's Scooter Adventures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan's Scooter Adventures
Page 1 of 1