Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Engine failure I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Engine failure

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dramhunter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Dramhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Engine failure Empty
PostSubject: Engine failure   Engine failure I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:25 am

Hi everyone,

I was reading a thread from 2010 about another members engine failure problem that was exactly the same as mine that happened last week. I responded in that thread but thought I'd start a new one too as it is a quite old conversation.

I was riding two up through Belfast city centre, warm day and very slow traffic. At a majot junction the engine just stopped and the PGM FI light flashed. Pushed to side of road and it restarted after a few minutes but quickly began to feel like only one cylinder was firing then it quit again and that light flashed again. It wouldn't restart and there was an excess fuel smell.

I called my rescue service, got the SWing taken home and after I got her off the transporter she started and ran fine. I haven't had need or opportunity to ride her again since and am doing a little trouble shooting today on a day off.

I started her up earlier and she went fine, this is a week after the incident and she hasn't been used since. Idled fine, revved fine. Left her to idle and after a few minutes she began to splutter like on one cylinder. Switched off and restarted, same pattern and smoke produced from the exhaust. However, the F1 warning light did not flash.

Removed the spark plugs. Left cylinder plug was quite sooty. Right plug was also quite sooty but also wet. Cleaned both and replaced. Same thing happened - started fine and idled ok for a few minutes then sputtering. Swapped the plugs around and tried to restart. No joy. This time the F1 light flashed one long flash and three short ones, repeadedly. Also, there was no distinctive power-up whine sound of the fuel pump,  So I guess it's a visit to Mr Honda, unless anyone has any ideas?

My SWing is a 2010 model, totally stock apart from GIVI windscreen and has been utterly reliable.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://northlight.artistwebsites.com/index.html

Engine failure
Page 1 of 1