Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tucano Urbano

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2013-10-08

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:17 am

For what its worth to riders who have to ride in the rain (most days here in the UK), I recently put a Tucano Urbano
Termoscud on and have been really pleased with the results. It has inflatable air bags in its sides to keep it from flaping even at high speeds and a warm lining inside. As my day job entails working in several locations per day and having to look reasonably smart, I can now use normal trousers, stout shoes and wear a waterproof jacket whilst staying dry. I was playing in a concert in Symphony Hall in Birmingham last week and to test it I wore my Tuxedo with a waterproof jacket over the top and in quite serious rain managed to stay dry.
As I am doing a longish run from Birmingham to Aberystwyth and back on Easter Bank holiday with my wife to test out my new Dr Pulley Sliders I thought it only fair to get the pillion leg covers too and with luck i hope neither of us will get wet!
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:33 am

Is it possible to see a picture of yours? I've got a friend in Seattle who rides a SW year round and has something called a scooter blanket.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 4:01 pm

We're talking lap blanket here? Try Scooter West in US, maybe.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 4:01 pm

We're talking lap blanket here? Try Scooter West in US, maybe.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 4:59 pm

That's a sight I'd like to see, a man get off his scooter taking off his rain jacket and wearing a tuxedo underneath. applause
Back to top Go down
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2013-10-08

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 5:30 pm

I must admit a few people did look surprised, but you should have seen them when I took my French Horn out of the top box!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 5:55 pm

HORNBLOWER wrote:
but you should have seen them when I took my French Horn out of the top box!
rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
v23nb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-12-27

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 5:19 am

Apologies for dragging this thread up again after 2 1/2 years however I feel I have something to add if anyone else is researching this accessory. I do most of my mileage on the motorway at 70-80mph and ride through the depths of the winter in a uniform so I need to be presentable on arrival. I have been very impressed with the Tucano Urbano R036 Termoscud leg cover as made for the Swing. I have one of the last bikes off the production line and can confirm that the leg cover will fit despite not including 2013 bikes in the list of years the cover was designed to fit. I also have the Honda original wind deflectors fitted and found no difficulty using the leg cover alongside the wind deflectors. Fitting took just a few moments however rather than clip the bottom attachment to the bodywork directly I pulled a cable tie into a large loop and clipped both sides of the cover to the same cable tie underneath the bike so that the plastic buckles weren’t so in contact with the paintwork on the plastics.

Riding with the leg cover is straightforward and raising and lowering legs is not the issue you might think it is. I find the easiest way to get on the bike with the leg cover fitted is to put the bike on the center stand and then with helmet on my head and gloves off (I leave mine on the handlebars) I feed my right foot through the step through (the cover means you have to find your way through a bit) and then sit on the seat with feet on the ground. I then pull up the bib and fix the neck strap. Then I put my gloves on roll forward off the center stand and away.

All in all it’s been nothing but positive although I did scratch my head the first time I went to fuel up! It can be done by bringing the pump from the saddle side however I now find it easier to undo the two upper buckles and slide the front rearwards.

Last edited by v23nb on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
v23nb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-12-27

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 am

Hoping you can see enough detail in this pic that shows the leg cover and the wind deflectors...

Tucano Urbano Fc6cc010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tucano Urbano
Page 1 of 1