Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi from a newbie from South Africa

Go down 
+2
Cosmic_Jumper
Johanndup
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Johanndup
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-03-27

Hi from a newbie from South Africa  Empty
PostSubject: Hi from a newbie from South Africa    Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 9:34 am

Hi, I have joined a few weeks ago, but have to admit that I could not find my way to post an introduction.

Technologically challenged, I think my daughter called it. But here I am, I live in South Africa in a small town called Fochville.

I bought my 2007 Silverwing with 9800km on the clock. I believe they (Honda SA), hid a batch somewhere and only registered them in 2011. This is confirmed as the registration documentation shows the year of first registration as 2011.

So far I have found lots of interesting info on the forum and I wish you all well

Johanndup
Back to top Go down
http://jpduplessis53.wix.com/cadesign
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie from South Africa    Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 10:24 am

Hello, and welcome to the forum Johanndup. You've certaily found your way to the right and most active forum for Silverwing owners.

I am curious about your model SW; does your exhaust system have an O2 (Oxygen Sensor) mounted at the inlet of the muffler?

I wish you many happy miles on your new "wings"

Tim

Over to you Roger...
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie from South Africa    Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:33 am

welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie from South Africa    Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 12:20 pm

I want to live there! Wink
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie from South Africa    Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 10:12 pm

welcome Johanndup welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. If you've been here for a few weeks you've probably already seen the links I usually post for new members but I'll post them anyhow because there's a lot of good information in those three links below.
If you are looking forward to learning and plan on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
Johanndup
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Oxygen sensor   Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 2:08 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Hello, and welcome to the forum Johanndup. You've certaily found your way to the right and most active forum for Silverwing owners.

I am curious about your model SW; does your exhaust system have an O2 (Oxygen Sensor) mounted at the inlet of the muffler?

I wish you many happy miles on your new "wings"

Tim

Over to you Roger...

It seems to have a sensor, Tim. I am trying to attach the photo. LOL.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hi from a newbie from South Africa  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie from South Africa    Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 6:49 am

hotwings wrote:
I want to live there! Wink
My brother and his family lived there. When he was relocated, his wife refused to help pack. She loved it so much. sunny
Back to top Go down
Johanndup
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie from South Africa    Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 7:16 am

We like it here in the heat. I can understand your sister-in-law's reluctance to pack.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie from South Africa    Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Funny story about Africa was one Emelio wrote in Honda's Red Rider Magazine as he rode his Goldwing around the world. Said Africa has the strangest roads and mostly goat paths. Says he pulled into a rural village and was surrounded by all the children who herded him into a tent. He said the odor was horrific as he noted old men sitting on the ground around an open fire in the middle with a large pot brewing. They pour off a cup for him and in a nano second he remembered reading about cannibalism. He jumped up and started laughing hysterically which caught everyone off guard as he bolted for his bike. His back end was fish tailing as kicked sand and dirt in the air as he escaped to ride another day. True story and one that he was convinced was going to end with him in the soup pot.

Welcome from the Piney Woods of East Texas.

Dan Bowman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie from South Africa    Hi from a newbie from South Africa  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from a newbie from South Africa
Page 1 of 1