Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 11:32

» Silverwing Brakes
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Today at 11:20

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby gustav Today at 00:58

» YSS rear shocks for sale
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed 08 May 2024, 17:11

» checking the oil
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue 07 May 2024, 14:46

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue 07 May 2024, 11:46

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat 04 May 2024, 21:11

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri 03 May 2024, 08:33

» Sinko De Mayo
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu 02 May 2024, 12:10

» May 2024 forum picture
My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu 02 May 2024, 09:42

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My Chihuawa Mod!

Go down 
+6
Opalsboy
masscoot
AlanRogers
wingnprayer
honda_silver
tvpRich
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tvpRich
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tvpRich

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-13

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 04:54

My Chihuawa Mod! LulaScooterX4-lowHere's my Dog Carrier Mod In Progress

https://2img.net/h/i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/tvprich/Lula%20Scooter%201-5/LulaScooterX4-low.jpg

http://www.tvpstudiosburbank.com/MiscPhotos/LulaScooterX4-low.jpg

Last edited by tvpRich on Tue 25 Aug 2009, 05:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tvpstudiosburbank.com/
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 05:43

tvpRich wrote:
Here's my Dog Carrier Mod In Progress

https://2img.net/h/i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/tvprich/Lula%20Scooter%201-5/LulaScooterX4-low.jpg

My Chihuawa Mod! IMG%5D

Do you have a pair of dog googles??
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 08:54

Your next pillion is going to get a heck of a surprise!
Back to top Go down
AlanRogers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
AlanRogers

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-08-10

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 10:16

Looks a bit like a commode for scared passengers. Sorry Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.dreamgenius.net
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 13:04

Now the term "petcarrier" makes sense for that area under the seat!
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 13:13

That is really cool... you are going to get lots of attention at scooter rallies and dog shows alike. You are quite an adventurer. I would have been very reluctant to cut my seat like that.
Gary
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 13:21

The dog looks very happy and what a great anti-theft feature.
Back to top Go down

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 14:18

Go Lula!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 16:01

I suggest that you tape a thermometer (so it doesn't roll around) to the floor of the inside of the underseat compartment. Then tape up as much of the doggy hole as your dog fills up, and go ride around for an hour in the hot sun. Then check your thermometer.

I don't know if it will be too hot or not. I do know that dogs pant to cool themselves off because they can't perspire, and the lower part of him will be hotter than the rest.

IF you are having a problem with that. You might take a look around at faux hood and fender air scoops made for motorcycles and cars. Maybe put a couple on the plastic beside the underseat compartment to make it look fast and then add some ductwork into the underseat area. Paint to match and it will look very cool and be cool for the dog too. You've seen the air conditioning vents that cars have, with the louvers to direct or eliminate airflow. You can put those on the inside end of the ductwork, so that yourcompartment doesn't pick up water during rain, and keeps the dog warmer
on cold days.

Also to keep him safe, I'm thinking something similar to a small domed birdcage that is removable and some kind of mounting bracket to attach it to with quick releases.

There has to be some way of sealing the thickness of the hole. Maybe take the seat to an upholstry shop and they will sew you a piece of black material like the seat cover to cover the thickness, so you have a finished product that doesnt collect grime and moisture in the foam.

Also if you saved the plug, they can make you a covering for the plug so that you can put it back in when necessary.

Lastly I would have a solid metal plate that can be mounted on the underside of the hole to cover it, with a quick release that you have to open the seat to get to. This way you can regain its use as a locked compartment for valuables when not in use. You can have the plug snap to the plate to complete the concept.

Then you have a completely usable compartment and seat when you need it, and a doggy carrier when you don't.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 16:58

I agree with DSPVECK because my butt gets really warm when I have been riding for a long time due to the engine being underneath the seat.
Back to top Go down
tvpRich
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tvpRich

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 18:06

Your absolutely right! . . . and I have been planning/executing all that you have suggested. During our first Test-Ride, I occasionally put my hand down the hole and felt every inch of the inside. Also, I've drilled several air holes on the inside for added air circulation.

I have an appointment at my local auto upholstery shop to sew in a continuous piece of matching black leather/vinyl through the whole and attached underneath. The whole will then be filed (when not in doggy use) by a Mushroom looking Leather cap (flatter on top). This cap, which has a washer underneath and a screw to hole in place from the bottom, should be pretty water tight.

This project was only done because I plan on purchasing a corbin seat soon. I figured if I ruined this seat, no harm.

Thanks for all suggestions!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 19:10

tvpRich wrote:
This project was only done because I plan on purchasing a corbin seat soon. I figured if I ruined this seat, no harm.

Are you planning a hole in the Corbin seat Question
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 22:05

If you are planning to purchase a Corbin seat, let them know what you want to do and they will do it right at the factory.

Dan
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 01:42

Corbin is located at
2360 Technology Parkway
Hollister, CA 95023
831-634-1100 Tel
831-634-1059 Fax
800-538-7035 Toll Free

(Only about 300 miles North of you.)

http://www.corbin.com/ridein.shtml

Take advantage of their ride-in service if you can.

They will make your seat while you wait, and you can test
everything right there.

Also, try and find a way to waterproof line the bottom and sides, especially the lower part of the underseat area.
If that dog has to take a piss or crap...and vibrations tend to accellerate the need to do that....
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 04:13

dspevack wrote:
Corbin is located at
2360 Technology Parkway
Hollister, CA 95023
831-634-1100 Tel
831-634-1059 Fax
800-538-7035 Toll Free

(Only about 300 miles North of you.)

http://www.corbin.com/ridein.shtml

Take advantage of their ride-in service if you can.

They will make your seat while you wait, and you can test
everything right there.

Also, try and find a way to waterproof line the bottom and sides, especially the lower part of the underseat area.
If that dog has to take a piss or crap...and vibrations tend to accellerate the need to do that....
Or maybe you can invent a poop shoot for those that follow close to you. Smile
Back to top Go down

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 13:57

Doggie diapers for when she rides! Probably easier than waterproofing.
Back to top Go down
tvpRich
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tvpRich

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 18:38

Hi All. Thanks for all your comments.
Lua (My Chihuahua) is pretty used to riding. This is actually her second 3rd bike she's ridden in. She's been riding with me on my older Honda Big Ruckus for the past 4 years, and almost daily in a doggy trailer during my morning bicycle ride. Never Pissed or shit once in the 8 years I've had her.

I stop at least once every couple 'o hours on long rides for reststops and fluids for both of us. She is also wearing a body harness with a limiter strap underneath inside the cargo area, in case she manages to squeeze outa the hole.

Thanks for the Custom Corbin Idea. I think I will keep the stock seat as my Doggy seat and use the corbin, unmodified. That way I simply change seats when She wants to go for a ride.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 19:50

tvpRich wrote:
Hi All. Thanks for all your comments.
Lua (My Chihuahua) is pretty used to riding. This is actually her second 3rd bike she's ridden in. She's been riding with me on my older Honda Big Ruckus for the past 4 years, and almost daily in a doggy trailer during my morning bicycle ride. Never Pissed or shit once in the 8 years I've had her.

I stop at least once every couple 'o hours on long rides for reststops and fluids for both of us. She is also wearing a body harness with a limiter strap underneath inside the cargo area, in case she manages to squeeze outa the hole.

Thanks for the Custom Corbin Idea. I think I will keep the stock seat as my Doggy seat and use the corbin, unmodified. That way I simply change seats when She wants to go for a ride.

Hey DennisB,

If something could be designed to be mounted to either cross passenger pillion and/or the aluminum wing which would allow you to mount your existing dog/cat carrier ... it seems like a lot of people would be interested ... not just SWing owners.

DennisB ... I wonder
Back to top Go down
tvpRich
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tvpRich

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Chihuawa Mod - UPDATE PIX ARE HERE !!!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 06:53

https://s781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/tvprich/Scooter%20Seat%20Mod/?albumview=slideshow

https://s781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/tvprich/Scooter%20Seat%20Mod/?albumview=slideshow
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 23:17

My Dad had a Jack Russel Terrier that he modified a side saddle on his Gold Wing about 20 years ago. One cross country trip while on the expressway, "bobo" jumped out of the side saddle onto the back seat while clipping along at about 75 mph! A few people in cars pointed to my dad, but he thought that they were seeing bobo in the side saddle. Finally when he pulled over for gas, he noticed what bobo did. He then bought a leash and shotened it so bobo would not be able to jump out anymore.

BTW, I have a cat that would probably love going for a SW ride!
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
Sponsored content

My Chihuawa Mod! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chihuawa Mod!   My Chihuawa Mod! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Chihuawa Mod!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: