Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Please vote for the New Forum Picture

Go down 
+10
silverwing27
hotwings
exavid
The Bern
hawkeye3guns
DickO
masscoot
dspevack
GHM-PM
JeffR
14 posters

Vote for 1 Picture by "Picture Number"
Picture #1
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_lcap0%Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Picture #2
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_lcap61%Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_rcap
 61% [ 11 ]
Picture #3
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_lcap17%Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Picture #4
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_lcap0%Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Picture #5
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_lcap11%Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Picture #6
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_lcap6%Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Picture #7
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_lcap5%Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Please vote for the New Forum Picture   Empty
PostSubject: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi,

If you would like to submit a picture we can use for the forum please post it to a reply.  We can then have the forum choose what picture to use for the forum for the next month.

Please submit by this Friday.

Last edited by JeffR on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 8:02 am

Is there a size preference? You probably don't want a huge file uploaded to the forum?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:15 pm

I can downsize them to fit.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Please vote for the New Forum Picture   Dscn0010

PICTURE #1

This is me in 2007 At Joe Wolfe's place in Tennessee right after the Honda Hoot.
He installed my cruise control for me.
His bike on the left. Mine on the right.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Here is one I took this fall.

Please vote for the New Forum Picture   6f2c514f-88c9-4e82-88e7-75fa26c16399_zpse9ff2416

PICTURE #2

or this one

Please vote for the New Forum Picture   MTN2014_zpsvaqcrhdt

PICTURE #3
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Jeff,
Paul's first pick is beautiful.  I vote for that one.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 8:29 pm

I have a couple too:

Please vote for the New Forum Picture   Bodie

PICTURE #4

This is me getting ready to go to Bodie Ghost town in California.  3 miles of dirt from this point on.

Please vote for the New Forum Picture   K

PICTURE #5

One of my favorites, taken at Tenaya Lake in Yosemite in 2012.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 12:34 am

Great Pics !!!  It's neat to put faces to names too !!

Edit: Personally, I'm rather partial to Pic #3...

Last edited by DickO on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hawkeye3guns
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:10 am

Hi all
I was going to post a photo of my son on his 2002 Swing at our local childrens santa run this year,but for the love of me I just can't fiquire out how to put a photo on here.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 6:39 am

Have you a photobucket (or similar) account bud ? if so use the bottom link tab & paste in here Smile

EDIT: Or see here ....... https://www.silverwing600.com/t850-posting-pictures-in-the-main-forum-in-any-topic?highlight=adding+pictures
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 12:02 pm

I just put "Picture Numbers" under each picture and will continue to do so as other members add pictures. Then on Friday evening I will put a poll out for voting and let voting continue until Sunday night. I will then post that pic on the forum page. Thanks for submitting pics.
Back to top Go down
hawkeye3guns
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi all
Well this is Russell and his 2002 Silverwing on the 2014 Childrens Santa Toy run. I did a panel refurbish and restored the paint to original but otherwise she is all original (apart from drive belt Razz ) with 172,964 miles on her now.
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   Russel14

PICTURE #6

regards Denzil
Back to top Go down
hawkeye3guns
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 2:26 pm

well what do you know it worked Thanks to The Bern for his link in how to post a photo cheers
Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Smile My pleasure Denzil, great job on the re-build bud Cool
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:23 pm

Denzil,

I'm still extremely impressed that your SWing has so many miles and looks so good.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:40 am

Lots of great pictures but I think #2 is the best for subject matter and photography. great composition, excellent colors. A beautiful invitation to hop on and ride the beckoning road ahead.

Edited to correct picture number error.

Last edited by exavid on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 5:48 am

exavid wrote:
Lots of great pictures but I think #1 is the best for subject matter and photography. great composition, excellent colors. A beautiful invitation to hop on and ride the beckoning road ahead.
I don't see great composition or colors or a beckoning road in pic #1 but I do see it in pic #2!
Back to top Go down
silverwing27
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 6:38 am

Hi All

Myself and my dad have had a look at all the pics and we both agree with hotwings that pic 2 is the best.

Regards

Russell

p.s has anyone fitted hard side panniers to there wing, if so is there any drawings or manufactures out there
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 7:23 am

silverwing27 wrote:
Hi All

p.s has anyone fitted hard side panniers to there wing, if so is there any drawings or manufactures out there  

Russell

Basically what you are doing with this comment is hijacking the topic to another subject.
Please start a new topic.

MOD DAN
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 pm

hotwings wrote:
exavid wrote:
Lots of great pictures but I think #1 is the best for subject matter and photography. great composition, excellent colors. A beautiful invitation to hop on and ride the beckoning road ahead.
I don't see great composition or colors or a beckoning road in pic #1 but I do see it in pic #2!

Thank you. I credit my mistake to old age, dyslexia, dementia and anthing else I can think of. #2 it was indeed.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 2:18 am

Hi All,
Just for "funsies", thought I'd throw this in just to see if I could.  :-)

Please vote for the New Forum Picture   Swing_13

PICTURE #7

And by golly, it worked !!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 10:16 am

Please vote for the Picture you would like on the forum page.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 10:22 am

I think it would be a good idea to do this "vote for the submitted pictures" every month, be neat to see the swings at their best.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:28 am

hotwings,

That is a good idea. Maybe the first of the month change the picture but do a vote about 1 week before.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:40 am

JeffR wrote:
hotwings,

That is a good idea.  Maybe the first of the month change the picture but do a vote about 1 week before.
Or have three days before the end of the month be the deadline for submitting a pic, and the last two days for voting!?!
Back to top Go down
Silver Dave K
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 12:38 pm

#2 gets my vote. Dave
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 2:45 pm

hotwings wrote:

Or have three days before the end of the month be the deadline for submitting a pic, and the last two days for voting!?!

Like ^^^

#2 New England in the fall is stunning Smile
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 4:14 pm

#2 gets my vote too.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Please vote for the New Forum Picture   510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Just for "funsies" I'll vote for number seven, because it displays the spirit of the rider. cheers
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 10:32 pm

Well... Thank You "Hi Yo"... Yes, that 'was' fun !!! Beautiful new pic for the forum was aptly chosen...
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 7:46 am

Good choice indeed!
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 1:25 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 4:27 pm

Thanks to all for choosing my picture.  A short back story on this location.  It was taken in the middle of Otter River State Forest, in central Massachusetts.  As a seasonal worker I have been assigned here for the last two seasons.  Formally New Boston Road it is also know as "the quarter mile".  Many roads in this town were taken by the Army COE and it is now used as part of the flood control plain for the Connecticut River mostly in the springtime.  

The picture was taken on an older Nikon Coolpix, no fancy filters or lighting tricks.  The rain showers were chasing me all day and I was able to catch this shot before the sky opened.  I am honored to follow my friend Eddie B and represent the site with the home page picture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for the New Forum Picture    Please vote for the New Forum Picture   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please vote for the New Forum Picture
Page 1 of 1