Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Another Brit/Pom/Limey

Go down 
+4
JeffR
DennisB
exavid
AlanRogers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanRogers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
AlanRogers

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Another Brit/Pom/Limey Empty
PostSubject: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Well, another from the UK signs up to this forum. I decided to sign up after searching for Silverwing accessories and seeing some of the excellent ideas on here.

I'm based in Surrey, near its border with Kent, and I ride a late '04 Silverwing for work and play. So far, I've put nearly 5k miles and a 'private' plate on it in 18 months but it's otherwise stock.

Keep in touch and out of trouble

Alan
Back to top Go down
http://www.dreamgenius.net
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi Alan! Ya ever think how different things would have been if the Royal Navy had known that cabbage had as much or more vitamin C to prevent scurvey than limes? They'd be referring to Englishmen as Cabbage Heads to this day. I guess Limey isn't too bad compared to that. Now about the term Yanks... but I digress. Welcome from another '04 Swinger. small moped
Back to top Go down
AlanRogers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
AlanRogers

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:36 pm

exavid wrote:
They'd be referring to Englishmen as Cabbage Heads to this day. I guess Limey isn't too bad compared to that.
You ride two wheels, so I know you've been called worse! Thanks for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi Alan,

Welcome aboard. Alot of good things to read and look at and a bunch of Great scooter people to chat with here.

Happy you decided to join us. chickendance

DennisB sunny
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Alan,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. Put some pics in the Album section if you get time and also include some pics of the nice rides over in the UK. You can create your own folder to place pics. I know that England is large but all of you UK riders should try to meet up for a ride somewhere. It seems we have quite a few of you on the site, and they all give great advice. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:34 am

Hi Alan welcome from a Cornishman. :union jack:
Back to top Go down
AlanRogers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
AlanRogers

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:33 am

It's not going to be picturesque but I'm hoping to go on a ride-out this Sunday, to the Ace Cafe for breakfast and meet, then on a protest against Westminster Council's proposal to start charging for bike parking.

I don't work in Westminster but this is seen to be the thin end of the wedge; if they succeed, other councils, not just in London, will follow. More details are available on the No To Bike Parking Tax web site.

If anyone else is going, look me out - dark blue '54 bike with plate ending APR, being my initials.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:54 am

Welcome from another UK resident!

A Wing owner designate at the moment! But that will change Sep 1st. Wink

Residing on the sunny south coast in what I nickname 'grockle central' Home to the 2012 olympic grotty yachties. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3798
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:17 pm

It's not going to be picturesque but I'm hoping to go on a ride-out this Sunday, to the Ace Cafe for breakfast and meet, then on a protest against Westminster Council's proposal to start charging for bike parking.

A couple of my pals from the X9OC are Support Riders for such events and will very likely be there - one on a black Fuoco or red GP800 and the other on a new silver 650 Burger. Do say hello if you spot them....also, I know this is the Silverwing Forum but nearly every Saturday morning, a group of maxi-riders (mostly now on Burgers but formerly on X9s) meet for breakfast and a natter at around 10.00. I know any like-minded riders are welcome.
I can't go now as I'm in Belgium but went every Saturday for over five years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Welcome and Enjoy the site. I love my Silverwing!!!!
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Hello and welcome from Surrey also (Im the sensible one on an 06 blue if you spot me)
Back to top Go down
AlanRogers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
AlanRogers

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Ever go to Ryker's Cafe, Mr Fish?
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:19 am

Yes not much though I only live 10 minutes away so its at the begining of most rides so its a good meeting point (but too busy on sundays) some nice roads around there I like to ride the a25 towards you Im guessing or the a24 to bognors good or I have my own circuit from box hill a big loop that takes about an hour depending on my mood also visit my dads a bit down on the kent coast (ramsgate) maybe meet up with a few others and go for a spin one day....
Back to top Go down
AlanRogers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
AlanRogers

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:04 am

mr fish wrote:
Yes, not much though I only live 10 minutes away so it's at the begining of most rides so its a good meeting point ... maybe meet up with a few others and go for a spin one day
That'd be good. I haven't done a group ride and your one-hour route sounds good too.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:06 am

To tell you the truth ive never been on a group ride with only scoots the guys i go with have R6/ZX6/CBF600/klv1000/xl1000 so always pushing it a bit..When they did have scoots (2 had burgers) I had a cbf ........so would be nice to meet up and maybe even go on to meet up with some others I will try and get my mate to come he also has a wing Smile Just need to figure out dates etc...

I may start a new thread in rides and stories to try and get others involved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Brit/Pom/Limey   Another Brit/Pom/Limey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Brit/Pom/Limey
Page 1 of 1