Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

2 on the Swing

Go down 
+2
dwoodul
vibiker54
6 posters
AuthorMessage
vibiker54
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-09-16

2 on the Swing Empty
PostSubject: 2 on the Swing   2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 pm

I've owned over 40 motorcycles in my lifetime and upon reaching the grand old age of 60 - I decided it was time for an adventure.
Sold a big a** Roadstar Silverado and bought a used Silverwing in August.
Funny how people look at you differently when you ride a 'scooter', but thats beside the point.
I just like to ride.
My wife and I just completed a 2 up adventure - from Nanaimo BC along the Oregon and northern California coast to San Fransico, then over to the Napa valley before heading home. Over 3000 kms in 8 days (with 2 non-riding days)
We enjoyed everything from the tight twisties of Highway 1, the incredible roads around Napa and finally the high speed run home on I-5.
Not a single hitch from the Swing... and we are still married.
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

2 on the Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 on the Swing   2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Welcome from Dallas.  I'm 64 and just went with a SWing after a bunch of other bikes.  I was amazed at how smooth at highway speeds the SWing was.  Anyway, welcome.  Great site - great tech info...  Oh, and I'm used to the scooter-looks as I road a Majesty for 6 yrs before the SWing.  No big deal, I also just like riding also.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

2 on the Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 on the Swing   2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:52 pm

applause welcome applause
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
2 on the Swing 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

2 on the Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 on the Swing   2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:40 am

cheers cheers welcome cheers cheers A lot of the looks you get are ones of envy. They wish they had the self confidence to ride their own way and not worry about what others may think.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

2 on the Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 on the Swing   2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:46 am

I doubt that very much, I was again the only scooter at my bikers hotel in the Harz, and the only scooter among the dozen or so motorcycles on the outward and return ferries. Most bike riders aren't the slightest bit interested in maxi scooters and don't know the first thing about them. They only become converts when their hips, knees, or wrists are knackered, or when swinging a leg over or the physical weight of a motorcycle takes too much effort.

Last edited by Meldrew on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

2 on the Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 on the Swing   2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:26 pm

vibiker54 wrote:

My wife and I just completed a 2 up adventure ....

Congrats on the purchase and reporting on your trip - fantastic!

I don't ride 2 Up - but am hoping to some day - if/when wife decides to ride. What did you use as your shock setting? Did you ever bottom out? Much? Year and mileage on your SWing?
Back to top Go down
vibiker54
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-09-16

2 on the Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 on the Swing   2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:28 pm

I've had many motorcycles but opted to try a 'scooter'. My wife has only been on short (under 100 miles) rides prior to this trip.
I just set the shock on 'max' and I'm sure our GVW was over the limit. I dont recall bottoming out the shock once. (Funny but on my RoadStar - it would bottom all the time with a loud clunk)
The Swing is a 2007 that had 1900 kms on it 3 month ago. It now has 7600 kms. No maintenance done and everything is stock.
I wore an open /half helmet for the entire trip and was surprised at how well it worked. An aftermarket screen may have worked even better - but I was happy.
I loved the Bay area and one of my favourite roads was from Napa over to Winters.
The Swing will go as fast as you want or allow you to enjoy the scenic pace in comfort.
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

2 on the Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 on the Swing   2 on the Swing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Meldrew - I know what you mean... I road my Majesty with a bunch of friends from work on a 600 mile trip to the Arkansas Ozarks. They were on Harleys, Kawasakis, and Hondas; all large bikes. The Harley guys (and a gal) good naturedly kept calling my scoot a "Vespa" (nothing wrong with Vespas). They were surprised at how well the Majesty kept up and how dry I was after riding through some particularly bad rain. I think the little Majesty opened there eyes as they were saying how well it did by the end of the trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 on the Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 on the Swing   2 on the Swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 on the Swing
Page 1 of 1