Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
 non running SW I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

non running SW

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-06-18

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:06 pm

just bought this low mile ( 1345kms) 05 SW. from original 79 yr old owner who stopped riding it in 2010.  he fired it up for me..ran ok. went in his house made bill of sale.  went to start it to load  and wont go.  fuel bars  was flashing didnt even smell like gas in the tank. so we lifted it in my pickup and home i CAME.   pulled plugs this morning, soaked with gas. filled up with new gas on the way home ..dryed off plugs with a butane torch. blew cylinders out with air.  put plugs back in.  didnt even fire.  ???  so ordered new plugs today  and a battery..  

and other ideas guys.                  non running SW <a href= non running SW 2005Silverwing_zps9c0be995" />

also like to buy a shop manual for this if anyone has one.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:36 pm

Your symptoms sound like a classic case of a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Older models that have sat for a while tend to have the regulator's diaphragm develop pinhole or larger leaks. To verify, remove the vacuum lines leading to each throttle body at the intake manifold. if there is any hint of raw gas in those vacuum lines, you need a new fuel pressure regulator.

www.helminc.com sells factory service manuals at prices much cheaper than the parts dep't of any Honda dealer.
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 12:02 am

thanks.  wil order that manual.  asap.  local Honda dealer wants $250 for a manual.

is there another place to get a fuel pressure regulater besides Honda dealer?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 12:49 am

Big Poop wrote:

is there another place to get a fuel pressure regulater besides Honda dealer?

Try an online Honda dealer. They will be considerably cheaper than walking into your local parts dep't. I've used Dillon Bros in Omaha Nebraska, and they're cheap and fast. Here's their website:

http://www.partsfish.com/page/oemparts
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:35 am

thanks. I am retired Motorcycle mechanic. main bikes have been Gold Wings. have owned 12 since 1975. put on over 400,000 kms ,,but after breaking back and left leg and ankle a few times. cant handle the big bikes anymore. tryed a Gold Wing Trike last few months. but wife wont ride anymore. so few of my Gold Wing buddys have got Silverwings and love em. that why I got his.I have a cast from hip to toes last 3 weeks. hopefully its coming off in 3 weeks. I just bought a new motorcycle hoist too. what location on the Silverwing is the Fuel pressure regulator. will try taking off plastic today. ordered a manual from Helms this morning too.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:51 am

Big Poop wrote:
what location on the Silverwing is the Fuel pressure regulator. will try taking off plastic today. ordered a manual from Helms this morning too.

Raise the seat. Remove the plastic seat undercover (you need to remove the side panels). The fuel regulator is on the left side of the rear of the engine beside the fuel rail. The manual says you have to remove the intake manifold to replace the regulator. Not true, thank goodness. Two wrenches loosens the regulator from the rail. Make sure to order a replacement O-ring for the regulator. Don't lube the O-ring on reassembly. It's a straightforward and easy job. If you have vacuum gauges, resynch the throttle plates, as they're likely way out of whack.
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:46 pm

thanks,  this hoist is more of a pain ,,might sell it go back to working on the floor.

non running SW <a href= non running SW 2005Silverwingonnewhoist_zps40ab7208" />
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:55 pm

I didn't realize you're in Alberta. I expected Whitecourt to be in England.
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:48 pm

got reply from Helms. no such thing as 2005 Silverwing in there manuals they say?

and local Honda dealer says fuel pressure regulator backordered till August
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:54 pm

just tryed that http://www.partsfish.com/page/oemparts no fuel pressure regulater listed.. but then there no FSC600AS either
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:00 am

It's part #13 on this page, and the O-ring is part # 18

http://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053f293f870021c54be6b3c/throttle-body

For the service manual, it's listed here:

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?Make=AHC&Model=SCOO&Year=2005&Category=1&class%5F2=AHC&mk=Honda+Motorcycle&yr=2005&md=Scooters&dt=Shop%2FService+Information&module=&from=result&Style=helm&Sku=61MCT05&itemtype=N

The item # is 61MCT05

Can't see why you or they are having such a problem.
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 am

thanks
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 2:22 pm

hey,,found a local guy with a smashed SW  same yr. got the fuel pressure regulator and it fired up with a boost..   then went to wal mart and got new battery. ..  bugered up and hooked it up backwards.  heard a buzzing sound from up frt. unhooked it real fast.. blew the main 30 amp fuse.it started right up and now the ABS light is on .. fuse is good. might have bugered the ABS motor..what do you think. should I test ride it that way? never had a bike with ABS before.

non running SW 2005Silverwingrunningjune2012-10pm_zps53301624
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:35 pm

The ABS lamp will stay illuminated until you have reached five miles per hour. The system needs the pulse from the sensors at the wheel hub to give the ok to the computer and will extinguish the lamp. This system check will happen every time you start the bike. Go for a ride!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:50 pm

The ABS light will(should)go out after you get moving over five mph.

trouble1100 beat me to the send button.
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 4:29 pm

yes. went out right away.. already got the finger from a HD rider. now where can I buy some accessories for this. passenger back rest.rear rack , radio w speakers.. cup holder. Hey..I been riding Gold Wings 30 yrs.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:35 pm

Big Poop wrote:
then went to wal mart and got new battery. ..  bugered up and hooked it up backwards.

A retired motorcycle mechanic hooking up a battery backwards?
Seriously?

Might we be getting trolled here?
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 6:03 pm

nope. did it. the wal mart battery doesnt have - or + on the battery when you lay it down, didnt see them, turned out ok. good thing for fuses.

so where do I get accessories for this Silverwing ?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Big Poop wrote:
nope.  did it. the wal mart battery doesnt have -  or + on the battery when you lay it down,  didnt see them,  turned out ok.     good thing for fuses.  

so  where do I get accessories for this Silverwing ?        

Are you in Canada?
I bought all my Givi stuff from www.bluestreakracing.ca
You can request quotes from Tony. He's in Embro, ON. It's free shipping in Canada, and GST only.
His prices match the US online retailers, but he's in Cdn $ of course.
Figure out what you want to order from the manufacturer's US websites. Then send him the make and model of what you want.
He orders in all his accessories from his US wholesaler, generally Tucker-Rocky.
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:35 pm

yes,  in Whitecourt. Alberta.   I havnt been able to find any accessories for Silverwings.  but will look at his web site.  I am new to computors and cell phones.  just 2 months now.  we moved from a small farm community of 1400 to bigger town of 13,000  ..  like moving to London  England for us...I have had 2 strokes in last year and have poor close up vision.  that explained the battery mix up.   I just sold my Gold Wing trike  had built in 1988.this Silverwing  is a real toy compared to that.My wife had had a 05 Yamaha 50 Vino scooter I ride that a lot too.  getting old sucks.

non running SW 1985GL1200atthefarmMarch19-3pm_zps84049d4b
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Hey BP, I love your GWing trike. I'm sorry to hear that your closeup vision is giving you difficulty.
Here is the link to bluestreakracing. His phone # is at the top of the page:

http://bluestreakracing.ca
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 9:27 pm

BP,
With two heart attacks and bad vision, maybe it is time to give up riding two wheelers. Not trying to burst your bubble. Just thinking of your safety. Not sure how I would take it if my wife asked me to give it up.
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 10:11 pm

the heart attack and stroke were minor and vision close up issues dont bother me. its the broken ankle  thats got me down now. fell off ladder 3 weeks ago. felt good to go for ride on the SW today;;  

non running SW FootunvieledJune13_zpsa8d0ae65   this was day after surgery 3 weeks ago

have leg up for the night .   swollen a bit

this is tonight.    non running SW Anklejune17_zps47be310a
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:07 pm

You say you have crappy computer skills, but taking and posting those pics shows you have more tech savvy than 99% of the members on this forum. Keep taking and posting. I wish everyone would post pics of themselves, their rides, and anything else that would entertain the troops.
Back to top Go down
Ken VB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken VB

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:56 pm

I find posting pics easy  ,  my 11 yr old grandson taught me few months ago.here we are  ready to out snowmobiling last Christmas.                                                           non running SW CooperopaDEc29-2012002-1

and me on a  2005 TNG  150 cc Chinese scooter 2 yrs ago.  non running SW KenandTNG001  my wifes  05 Yamaha 50 would eat it.

non running SW 2005YamahaVino_zpsd21af1c9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

non running SW Empty
PostSubject: Re: non running SW    non running SW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

non running SW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: