Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

senser for drive belt light

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jwt827
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-08-14

senser for drive belt light Empty
PostSubject: senser for drive belt light   senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Does anyone know where the senser is located and how it works ?What makes the v light come on?
I have replaced the drive belt and the rollers,rode the bike for 50 miles or so,no problem the ride I took today the light came on ,I extinguished the light by holding down the two buttons then turning on the ignition the light flashed several times then went out as soon as I started off again the light came back on I did the same proceedure several times but the light would not stay off.I replaced the belt and the rollers according to the video post on this forum and all seems well except for the light problem,any info would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: senser for drive belt light   senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Beside coming on at 16,000 miles, the V light can be triggered by the relationship  between engine RPM and rear wheel speed. That is to say that if the RPMs are too high for the speed then the Combination Meter will "see" that anomily as the belt being worn and slipping.

The V light has been known to come on if Dr Pulley sliders are installed and when aggressively accelerating. Because, when initially accelerating, the Dr Pulleys put the engine RPMs much closer to the optimum power band of the engine.

That said, I have no idea why your V light is triggering.

Tim
Back to top Go down
jmaslak
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: senser for drive belt light   senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 7:58 pm

I agree with Cosmic_Jumper.

Since it didn't come on before you changed your belt, but it does come on now, and you don't mention messing with anything else, my guess is that you did something wrong putting the belt on. Are you sure the front pulley was not catching on the belt when you tightened it? It's important that you don't tighten against the belt.

It's also vital that you use the proper torque with a torque wrench. Too loose and the bolt comes out and you can break the splines on the front pulley (among other things). Too tight and the bolt will deform (it's a very special bolt that needs exact torque) and loosen after a bit (if you tightened it too much, you need a new bolt). I do NOT recommend using an impact wrench instead of a pulley holder either - that can also result in improper torque (and it's a bad idea for other reasons).

If you put in weights that are very light, that can also cause this I hear. I run 26g Dr. Pulley sliders with no V light ever, and I ride fairly aggressively. If you used Dr. Pulley weights, it's possible that you installed the weights wrong (there's a proper orientation). It also might be possible that the weights are somehow hung up or out of alignment.

I would NOT ride the scooter until you (or someone else) looks at that front pulley. I'd also inspect the splines on the crankshaft and front pulley (hopefully if you see any wear it's on the front pulley - if you do see wear, you need to replace the front pulley).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: senser for drive belt light   senser for drive belt light I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

senser for drive belt light
Page 1 of 1