Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Buffeting - please define?
by Meldrew Today at 18:22

» New Swing owner in South Wales
by phils a winger Today at 17:34

» New possible swing owner
by siataukreg Today at 12:12

» Front Bouncy
by gavinfdavies Today at 07:37

» Introduction
by gavinfdavies Today at 07:01

» 2002 Honda Reflex 250cc ABS
by cliffyk Yesterday at 11:30

» Air Shocks
by Pastor Ron Yesterday at 11:10

» shop Manual
by MadDog Yesterday at 10:45

» Reply to Post is lost
by Easyrider Fri 20 Oct 2017, 15:10

» A bit windy
by steve_h80 Thu 19 Oct 2017, 15:23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Cargo option for touring

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Cargo option for touring   Fri 04 Apr 2014, 22:36

I was just reading about some one wheel trailers and found this system and thought some folks here might be interested in hauling a few extra creature comforts while touring. There are plenty of options available at their website.

It might inspire someone to build one. I already tug a 2 wheel trailer, but this looks handy and relatively easy to hook up.

Eaglemate

Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cargo option for touring   Fri 04 Apr 2014, 22:56

Larry,
Back in January of this year, BIGTRAIN was working on a luggage carrier for his golf clubs. This looks like it would work fine. A lot safer design.
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Cargo option for touring   Fri 04 Apr 2014, 23:48

WingMan02 wrote:
Larry,
Back in January of this year, BIGTRAIN was working on a luggage carrier for his golf clubs. This looks like it would work fine.  A lot safer design.

I thought of BigTrain when I saw this too. In fact, they have a lockable golf club box option.

Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Cargo option for touring   Sat 05 Apr 2014, 12:14

I designed this last year for use on my Kymco Xciting 500. Since going back to a Silver Wing, I have less need for it (the Xciting had very little onboard storage) and so had not built it. I hope to do this over the '14/15 Winter as I have all the parts, steel, fittings, wheel, etc.

My concept was to keep the weight/CG as low as possible, but make the trailer simple, easy to use compact to store and can be handled like a wheelbarrow when off the bike/scoot. I plan to use it for backcountry camping on my Yamaha XT600, and occasionally on the Silver Wing. Anyone want to collaborate, let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.BigAssScooter.com
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Cargo option for touring   Sat 05 Apr 2014, 12:25

ScooterBJ wrote:
I designed this last year for use on my Kymco Xciting 500. Since going back to a Silver Wing, I have less need for it (the Xciting had very little onboard storage) and so had not built it. I hope to do this over the '14/15 Winter as I have all the parts, steel, fittings, wheel, etc.

My concept was to keep the weight/CG as low as possible, but make the trailer simple, easy to use compact to store and can be handled like a wheelbarrow when off the bike/scoot. I plan to use it for backcountry camping on my Yamaha XT600, and occasionally on the Silver Wing. Anyone want to collaborate, let me know.

Exactly the same concept you have there as the original post.  I am not a welder type guy or I would have modeled one like this.

Here is a trailer I had mounted up to my Helix.  I was going to paint it as a Coke Cooler but after making it work, I didn't use it all that much as I had the Goldwing and my two wheel trailer.  So I sold it.

Back to top Go down

Cargo option for touring
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1