Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 13:08

» Sinko De Mayo
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 07:10

» May 2024 forum picture
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 04:42

» checking the oil
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon 29 Apr 2024, 22:13

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon 29 Apr 2024, 22:08

» LF extended back rest
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon 29 Apr 2024, 16:14

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon 29 Apr 2024, 06:47

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon 29 Apr 2024, 06:43

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon 29 Apr 2024, 06:28

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon 29 Apr 2024, 05:15

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

lower fork leg

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
john&lesley
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
john&lesley

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2014-03-29

lower fork leg  Empty
PostSubject: lower fork leg    lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014, 07:11

Is it possible to undo the allen bolt under the lower fork legs if you turn the complete leg upside down then compress the fork whilst undoing the allen bolt will this stop the internals from moveng whilst undoing the allen bolt just a thought as have had them spin and nothing happens
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

lower fork leg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: lower fork leg    lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014, 08:47

I rebuilt my forks just a couple weeks back and had this issue. I posted a solution as well. Compressing the fork did not give enough tension to release the bolt. I used a dowel rod hammered into the top of the damper piston, then hold the dowel with locking pliers. Do a search for forks or my user name and it should appear.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

lower fork leg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: lower fork leg    lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014, 12:13

It's not as if there are any upgrades or aftermarket valves available for the Silverwing forks. So what is the advantage or need of removing that lower fork stuff?

Isn't it suffficient to empty the old fork fluid, then clean out the residual stuff by adding mineral oil, pumping the piston several times and emptying again before the final fill with HyperPro oil? I did that mineral oil procedure a couple of times in each fork tube until the mineral oil came out clear before filling with hydralic fluid.

Tim
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

lower fork leg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: lower fork leg    lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014, 13:03

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
....Isn't it suffficient to empty the old fork fluid, then clean out the residual stuff by adding mineral oil, pumping the piston several times and emptying again before the final fill with HyperPro oil?
Tim

Good point Cosmic_Jumper -- Yes it should be and if I had to do it again, that is what I would do. Perhaps i should ask a question, rather 1st give than an answer.

john&lesley, do you need to disassemble the entire fork, or just need to replace the seals, fluid (and springs if desired)? If so, the fork does not need to be fully disassembled. I figured out a good way to pull the seals without my risking a nick/scratch on the fork tube. I posted that procedure too. both are posted in this thread.https://www.silverwing600.com/t7100-disassembling-the-forks-issue-solution
Back to top Go down
john&lesley
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
john&lesley

lower fork leg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: lower fork leg    lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014, 14:08

I want to renew the lower fork bush and the sliding bushes in fact a complete overhall as these parts get missed thanks for the link and cheers cosmic_jumper
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

lower fork leg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: lower fork leg    lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014, 14:45

john&lesley wrote:
I want to renew the lower fork bush and the sliding bushes in fact a complete overhall as these parts get missed thanks for the link and cheers cosmic_jumper

OK, but be aware that one of the inner nylon rings (the damper piston slips into it) is permanent fit in the inside of the lower portion of the fork tube. At least, that is the conclusion I came to as there is no part number and I could not find a way to remove it. So in this case, replacement of the fork tube would need replacing, so use due care to not break it. As for the bushings, they are easy after the fork is apart.
Back to top Go down
john&lesley
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
john&lesley

lower fork leg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: lower fork leg    lower fork leg  I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014, 14:49

Thanks for your wisdom she has 33 000 on at the moment so even though she has full service history they dont normally do the forks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lower fork leg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: lower fork leg    lower fork leg  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lower fork leg
Page 1 of 1