Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:09 am

» Drive belt prices
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Summer scooter ride to SoCal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Summer scooter ride to SoCal Empty
PostSubject: Summer scooter ride to SoCal   Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:55 pm

I finally put my summer ride to SoCal in photostory. This is by far the longest and best ride I've ever done on my scooter and the roads I visited were just great. The 1st 5 are in the middle of nowhere while the others were just miles from civilization. I covered 1534 fun miles round trip and visited 2 popular Mtn lake towns, Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear Lake and I also had a chance to go to Palm Springs and ride the aerial tramway.

Roads ridden:
Bitterwater Rd, Hwy 58, Hwy 33, Cerro Noroeste Rd, Lockwood Valley Rd, Little Tujunga Canyon Rd, Rim of the World ( Hwy 18 ), Palms to Pines (Hwy 243), Topanga Canyon Blvd (Hwy 27), Mulholland Hwy.

james

Last edited by just4cruzn on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re posted youtube video)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer scooter ride to SoCal   Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:27 pm

Wonderful video :D I was just at the Arrowhead Village a year ago. When you get up in the hills with the pine trees that is really beautiful and the winding roads up through the mountains look so peaceful. CA seems so busy to me I forget there are still many areas that are not crowded with people. I lived out there in the early 70's.
I sure miss being able to ride all year round but I enjoy the change of seasons...Thanks sunny
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Summer scooter ride to SoCal   Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:46 am

That's a wonderful video you made and I really like the Jazz in the back ground.
I was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley up unti the 1994 Northridge earthquake. I was on ground zero that morning. After that I moved to Oklahoma.
If you get a chance take a ride over to the eastern side of the Sierra Mtn, on Hwy 395. In the little town of Independence there is a flashing yellow caution light, then turn west toward the mountains. Follow the road to a place called Onion Valley, its a 10,000 ft. What a place and what a road. In my younger years we would go backpacking and trout fishing in this location.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Summer scooter ride to SoCal   Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:43 pm

James,

Nice video. For those who don't know, James and I are in the same riding group. Our link is below:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/BayAreaMaxiRiders/

If you ever come out to the bay area you should get in touch with James or myself to find out about some great rides. James has really went on some very long rides and always shares them with everyone. I'm still amazed at all the wonderful rides out this way and I've been here almost 13 years now. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: SoCal summer ride   Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:10 am

Thanks Jeff and Dennis for the tip, I've had my eyes on the other side of the Sierra's 4awhile now and I just don't know when I'll make it that way but I'll keep my mind on Onion Valley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer scooter ride to SoCal   Summer scooter ride to SoCal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer scooter ride to SoCal
Page 1 of 1