Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Parking Brake incident.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Parking Brake incident. Empty
PostSubject: Parking Brake incident.   Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Just wanted some input on this incident I had on this past trip with my Parking brake.

When I was riding back from San Antonio to McKinney.
I used my parking brake in Austin at the Lonestar BMW dealer. At least I am pretty sure I did. Every time I have used it I knew it was engaged because I wouldn't move until I released it. Anyway, when we were riding through downtown Dallas while exiting off of I 35 to US 75 I noticed my parking brake light was on. When I had a chance I reached down to the lever to see what was going on and it was engaged. I released it.

I have no idea what caused this. How long it was engaged? I am surprised I did not notice this sooner. The bike was moving with no problem. Unless this happened when I had to slow down in heavy rush hour traffic and the brake slipped. The brake seemed fine after this incident.

Anyone have a clue how this could happen.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Parking Brake incident.   Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:47 pm

If your parking brake is set to not engage untell you pull it up 4-6 clicks and you only had it pulled up 1 or 2 clicks you would not have any hold and not hurt anything but the light would still be on. Wow that was a long sentence. I keep my parking brake to take hold at 2 or 3 clicks to avoid this. I had it happen when I first got my Silverwing. It is easy to adjust. Just put your bike on the center stand and pull your parking brake up two clicks. Then on your parking brake calliper you will see a headless bolt with a nut on it to lock it in place. Loosen the nut and spin the wheel. then turn the headless bolt in untell the wheel stops. Lock the nut while you hold the headless bolt. Put the bike back on the ground and check how the parking brake works. Hope this helps.Laughing
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Parking Brake incident.   Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:07 am

Thanks, Roger I will look into that.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Parking Brake incident.   Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Parking brakes do not come on, on their own---rider responsibility!!----only on a couple of clicks maybe no harm----check dash lite or bike feel
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Parking Brake incident.   Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 7:03 pm

I accidentally tried to drive off with the parking brake engaged. The bike barely moved, and I noticed a burnt smell. That's when I looked down and noticed the light on !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parking Brake incident.   Parking Brake incident. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parking Brake incident.
Page 1 of 1