Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Asheville, NC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from Asheville, NC Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Asheville, NC   Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:45 am

I will pick up my '07 SW this morning, so I am new to the clan. Traded in my '07 Kymco 250, so am very eager to get scooting. Wife and I have enjoyed the lifestyle for two years. As we are avid motorhomers, we take our bikes with us where ever we go (she's got an '04 Reflex...thinking she might make the move up). Just to show my ignorance...what is a MAP (I see it in reference to MPG & performance improvement).
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Asheville, NC   Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:05 am

Scott,

Welcome to the forum. And, congratulations on your acquisition of a SilverWing.

As to a MAP - it may be an acronym, but refers to the electronic profile programmed into a computer for controlling the performance of the engine. As it is discussed here it applies to the Power Commander. This is an aftermarket ECM (Engine Control Module) that augments the onboard ECM of the SilverWing.

At least that is how I understand it. I'm certain those who have the Power Commander will chime in here and correct me where I've strayed.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Asheville, NC   Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Scott and welcome.
Manifold Air Pressure (MAP)
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Asheville, NC   Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:50 am

Hello and welcome aboard you will like it here we are all sane (almost) rabbit
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Asheville, NC   Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Scott wrote:
what is a MAP (I see it in reference to MPG & performance improvement).

Welcome to the SWing world and forum.

Dynojet Power Commander plug-and-play directly into the fuel injectors. The Power Commander then regulates the fuel from the "MAP". The MAP tells the Power Commander to either remove fuel, unchanged fuel or add fuel based on % throttle and RPM. If you look at this website http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx?mk=7&mdl=157&yr=2007 you will see the "MAP"s that Dynojet provides or you can have a custom" "MAP" specific to your SWing which is what I did.

If you would like a pictorial view of the map checkout this webpage:
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/downloads_general/pciiiusb_software/manuals/PCIIIUSB_User_Guide.pdf

The pictures are showing the "MAP" settings for each %throttle and RPM setting that the Power Commander uses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Asheville, NC   Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi neighbor and welcome. I live in Forest City, NC. There's another member here from Old Fort so we are representing the area well.

Which Kymco 250 did you have? We just bought my wife an '08 Kymco grandvista 250 from Dal-Kawa Cycles in Hendersonville. She just graduated up from a Yamaha Vino 125. My Silver Wing is heavier than she feels comfortable with.

We need to get all of the local peeps together and do a regional ride soon.

Stay safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Asheville, NC   Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:19 am

Welcome. What a beautiful area of the country to ride in. And of course I love the Biltmore Estates....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hi, Asheville!   Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Welcome. I live in Old Fort, at the "bottom of the hill", roughly 30 miles east of you just off I-40. How're you liking the Scoot so far? As I write this my husband has taken mine up to Black Mountain to get something to put on the grill. I think he likes having somewhere to put stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Asheville, NC   Hello from Asheville, NC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Asheville, NC
Page 1 of 1