Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Air filter on belt housing.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Air filter on belt housing. Empty
PostSubject: Air filter on belt housing.   Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:42 pm

I know that there is an air filter of sorts on the housing of the drive assembly on the Swing. For the life of me I can't remember the proper terminology and my searches for " air filter " are not yielding the right results. I think I just have to remove the outer plastic and ....
If you know what I'm talking about, please point in the right direction. Thank you.

Jay. Two items on my shopping list. First one I forgot; second one I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Air filter on belt housing.   Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Check out the link below to see if this is the part your are trying to locate. If so, this can be accessed under Drive Belt replacement instructions on this forum. Best to get a manual - before you do an SWing work - as the manual has great supplementary information not always found on this forum.

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053f2eff870021c54be6c9f/driven-face

ITEM 7, ELEMENT, 11356-MCT-000
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Air filter on belt housing.   Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 3:11 pm

Thanks, Dimond. I found the pictorials under belt and pin change.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: Air filter on belt housing.   Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 3:25 pm

I might add, IMHO, that cleaning (never really needs to be replaced unless it disintegrates under cleaning) of this filter need only be done during belt changes or other drive maintenance - and that disassebly of the drive case just to clean this filter is not warranted.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Air filter on belt housing.   Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks for the last tidbit. I was going to get into that next; no need for it unless I need more work done. That's freed up some riding time. Come to think of it ! I am getting a larger flat piece of metal welded onto my centrestand peg so I can get good purchase on it. I've tried to put the bike up, but that little piece of metal hurts the foot to step down on it.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: Air filter on belt housing.   Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:00 pm

cotetoi wrote:
I am getting a larger flat piece of metal welded onto my centrestand peg so I can get good purchase on it. I've tried to put the bike up, but that little piece of metal hurts the foot to step down on it.
I am with you on this one. I carry a 4"x4"x3/4" (approximately) piece of redwood with me that I back the SWing onto if I want to get it up on the centerstand - which I rarely do as for me it is a bit difficult. Let me know how that metal tab works for you? Maybe a picture of it when you are done? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air filter on belt housing.   Air filter on belt housing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air filter on belt housing.
Page 1 of 1