Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello Swing'ers

Go down 
+10
RArch
GHM-PM
CathyN
JeffR_
DickO
model28a
johnd
"Hi Yo"
WingMan02
BenRussoUSA
14 posters
AuthorMessage
BenRussoUSA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-08-15

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 7:49 pm

As Dr. Nick would say (Simpsons)

Hi Everybody!

I'm Ben Russo, I'll be 43 in a few days, been riding motorcycles since I was a teenager, but had a looong break between 92 and 2002. I have ridden bikes all over the country, probably close to 100,000 miles now. Have lived in Northern Virginia almost my whole life, and am currently in Herndon, VA. I have worked in the Information Technology field for over 20 years and am a pointy haired boss of IT guys today.

I have been a long time member of the SABMAG mailing list. I have a BMW R1200RT, a Yamaha WR250R, and (of course) me and my wife share a 2002 gray SilverWing FSC600. I've (in the past) owned and ridden a GoldWing GL1800, a Kawasaki Concourse, a Suzuki LS650, a Kawasaki ZL750, and a Honda FT500.

I've already read the long threads about "one time posters".
I hope not to be one. However, I will (shortly) post a question for help... (please don't kill me).

-Ben.
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Aloha from Hawaii! I too took a sabbatical, a lot longer than you, from riding. I rode from 1965 through 1972, then stopped. Started up again in 2012. I also ride a 2002, but it is black. Welcome to the forum. As you already know, there are a lot of knowledgeable members on this forum. Ride safe.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello Swing'ers  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:39 pm

welcome  Nice intro. It makes people more willing to help. welcome 
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Hello    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Greetings from Santa Barbara California.
You have come to the best forum on the internet. In my opinion. Great bunch of people and almost all welling to help. I being one.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:13 pm

welcome applause welcome No need to worry about being killed, you've given a proper introduction. You have found the best forum to find almost anything Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Greetings Ben!

And double ditto to "johnd's" and "28a's" remarks.  Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Ben,

Welcome and hope you like the SWing.  One thing you might want to check on your 2002 is the front fender.  That was the first year and they used screws only to secure it.  There have been a couple of reports, and I know one person that was in our riding group, where 1 or both screws fell out which caused the bottom (back) of the fender to fall down onto the tire. The fender then dug into the tire and stopped the SWing but also caused them to flip over the bars.

I'm not trying to scare you but I would check and tighten them when you check the air in your tires.  I have only heard of a couple of times this happen and I think they changed the screws on the 2003 model.  But I can't be certain of the year.  Again, not to scare you at all but just to check them.

The SWing is a great ride and will take you anywhere you want in comfort.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Welcome Ben, welcome 

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:32 am

Welcome Ben and thanks for the intro! That helps us to know you and your specifics to better help you. I guess a lot of people "leave" cycling only to return at some later date. I sold my Motorcycle in 1994 and did not get another until 2007 or so. Then the "bug" hit again... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:49 am

welcome 
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
waterboy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 10:01 am

Welcome Ben. Thanks for introducing yourself, and thus not getting yelled at. I hate watching the carnage when people skip that step.
I took a long sabbatical from riding, from 1974 to 2004, before buying a friend's brother's old Gold Wing, then trading for a hot rod 1200 HD Sportster, to a Sym RV250 scooter, and finally to the holly grail, a very low mileage, always garaged 2003 RED Silverwing. It's been great and this forum has been great. This is like Silverwing College, where the professors work for free.
Enjoy that scooter! Twist-n-Go man, Twist-n-Go.
Waterboy
Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 7:13 pm

welcome Silver Wing...  the only way to fly...

Magoo
Back to top Go down
BenRussoUSA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-08-15

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:26 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
Ben,
Welcome and hope you like the SWing.  One thing you might want to check on your 2002 is the front fender.  That was the first year and they used screws only to secure it.  
Thanks JeffR, I will check those right away, maybe find a place to drill and put some safety wire on there. That sounds like something that should have been a recall.

-Ben.
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:10 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
Ben,

Welcome and hope you like the SWing.  One thing you might want to check on your 2002 is the front fender.  That was the first year and they used screws only to secure it.  There have been a couple of reports, and I know one person that was in our riding group, where 1 or both screws fell out which caused the bottom (back) of the fender to fall down onto the tire. The fender then dug into the tire and stopped the SWing but also caused them to flip over the bars.

I'm not trying to scare you but I would check and tighten them when you check the air in your tires.  I have only heard of a couple of times this happen and I think they changed the screws on the 2003 model.  But I can't be certain of the year.  Again, not to scare you at all but just to check them.

The SWing is a great ride and will take you anywhere you want in comfort.
Jeff,
Maybe that is why the '03 comes with an inner fender bracket where as the '02 does not.  I will add some Lock-Tight to the treads and inspect the fender often for tightness.  Thanks Jeff.
Back to top Go down
yammer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
yammer

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2013-05-04

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:42 am

Welcome, after that introduction people here would be willing to come over where you live and do the job for you should you have any problem. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:15 am

Hello & welcome bud Smile responses to your intro have me thinking about the front mudguard on my UK 2001 model,will be down the workshop shortly checking it out Wink Enjoy your new ride
Back to top Go down
Greydog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-08-17

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Welcome from one newbie to another! This looks to be an interesting forum, LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Swing'ers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Swing'ers    Hello Swing'ers  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Swing'ers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: