Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings From Europe!

Go down 
+4
Opalsboy
Cornishman
honda_silver
MikeO
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3792
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Greetings From Europe! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Good evening, everyone.

I'm Mike, a fugitive from the UK living on mainland Europe.

I don't yet own a Silverwing but as soon as I have the cash I shall trade in my Italian maxi (which has served me well) and buy the Honda.

I've been lurking for a while, taking careful note of your hard-won experience, and hope to be able to contribute some of my own when and if......!

I know one or two people here from other forums.

I hope I'm not jumping the gun by joining before owning.

Mike.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:21 pm

MikeO wrote:
I don't yet own a Silverwing but as soon as I have the cash I shall trade in my Italian maxi (which has served me well) and buy the Honda.

Welcome to the SWing forum.

What Italian maxi do you have??
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Hiya Mike, do the others know that you're defecting? You're not jumping the gun, I did exactly the same before buying my X9.

Bob
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Hello Bill & Bob,

It's a Piaggio X9 500 Evo, nearly 4 years old, owned from new.
It's a super scooter, in spite of Italian electrics, but my move far from my excellent dealer has left me a little apprehensive - the dealer I found here asked if it was a 125 or 250 so I don't think they have any experience of the big one.
Add to that Piaggio's short-sightedly not making a big maxi any more makes a change of brand inevitable.

Therefore, when my London gaff is finally sold I shall buy a new Silverwing from a dealer near here who will maintain it from new.

Bob, a few X9ers know but then they've all moved on.....to Burgers!!!!!.....so they can't say anything!
Thanks for the reassurance - this forum seems very friendly, and close-knit in a nice way - I did the same before I bought my first X9 and learnt a lot. Smile
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Greetings from Arkansas, USA   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Hello Mike... welcome... glad to have you and you can add some things to the forum without actually owning a Swing. You have scoot experience a lot of us do not have. I have a Swing, but only had it about a year and that is my total experience with no clutch and foot brake. I love this thing. Come in when you want. You are right when you describe this forum as friendly.

Gary
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:22 pm

MikeO wrote:
Add to that Piaggio's short-sightedly not making a big maxi any more makes a change of brand inevitable

I did not keep track of Piaggio's ... I am surprised with your statement.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:51 pm

they do make a scoot called the xevo400ie i know a few that have had italian scoots love em but always wondering when its going to let you down..I was exactly the same when i owned a ducati even though it never broke down i couldnt quite relax far from home oh and welcome aboardish Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:04 am

John and Gary, thank you!

My P2W experience is fairly limited - I passed my Bike Test in 2003 - but I've done a few miles in that time, much of it in company with some very experienced riders from whom I've learnt a great deal and to whom I owe much.
I also did the Metropolitan Police 'BikeSafe' training which taught me even more.

I promise not to go on about Piaggio scooters but just say this:

The X9's problems were 99% a result of the electrics. The digidash was prone to let in water, not good for printed circuits!
My dealer was a pioneer in eliminating that, along with other lesser niggles, not least because he always performed proper PDIs over and above what was 'in the book'.
Had Piaggio addressed the problems in the factory........!

They then decided to replace the two smaller-engined X9s with new models, the X8 and XEvo ranges and in doing so moved to scooters that one sat 'on' rather than 'in'.
There's no doubt the XEvos are lovely bikes and don't have the electrical problems of the older X9s but they just aren't the same for long-distance cruising.
The top-of-the-range Piaggio, the GP800 is again a super scooter but really more of a motorbike than a cruiser-scooter.
The MP3s and Fuocos are limited in comfort.

IMHO they should have revamped the X9 with simpler electrics and the twin-spark 500 engine, thus maintaining a presence in the market with a good, cheapish, 'known' product.

I shall say no more (unless I'm asked). Wink

I'm looking forward to my Silverwing although I shall miss the adjustable screen, electric stand and built-in radio and comms. Cool
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:15 pm

Mike,

Welcome to the site and hope it helps you out. And don't worry about not owning a SWing you are still welcome. Laughing The people here are really helpful so if you have any questions just ask away. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:31 am

Thanks, Jeff.

I feel very much 'at home' already - it's a great forum!
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:16 am

Mike,

Welcome to the forum. What part of Deutschland are you living in? I've lived in Wiesbaden and Nurnberg.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:47 am

Hello, Dale.
Thank you!

I'm in West Flanders, Belgium.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:08 am

Mike,

Yes indeed - I crossed up the stripes and even got them out of order :-).

Beautiful countryside. And the inspiration for a lovely poem ( http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/flanders.htm ) and the poppy campaign in support of the VFW here in the states.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:15 am

I wondered if that's what had happened.....and I had a quick check to see if I'd got the right flag!

Ah, that poem.....It makes me want to weep when I hear it.
I have a CD with John Guilgud reading it - so moving.
I also saw a TV programme re-enacting Mcrae writing it - resting his paper on the back of another soldier.

18 moths ago I visited the huge American cemetary in Normandy - I was on a rideout with some French maxi-riders.
It's stunning, peaceful, moving all rolled into one.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 am

I've been to the American large cemetery just off of Omaha beach. Chilling and peaceful. I've also been to the German cemetery not far away from there. Ego and pride - such a waste and so senseless.

That area of France is nice, I enjoyed it much more than the time in Paris. I'd love to ride through there some day.

I would really enjoy seeing that video - I'll have to search for it.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:59 am

That's the one.
So many lives taken away.

We're not very far from all the WW1 cemeteries I have at last located my great-uncle's resting place near Ypres and plan to visit it later this year.

When you do eventually come over, let me know and we can meet - I'm sure scooters can be rented here.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:27 pm

Quote :
It looks like there aren't a lot of clouds where you are standing

That will be because behind me in that pic is Miami beach Laughing
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: What a surprise...   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:18 pm

I guess that explains that alright... I was wondering if UK had a beach like that... I remember your earlier avatar looking out over mountains... or a valley or something .. was that US too... I am beginning to believe you are a spy sent over here to steal all our scenery and take it home with you... you back home yet? I just think this is so funny that you were here when that picture was made... well, I hope you had a great visit... Miami is not typical of US ... more like London than small US city. Come back sometime and visit Rison. Wait until November when the trees get their color. I am going to take some pictures this fall and post on the forum... Florida doesn't have a lot of trees... just babes in bikinis... give me an oak tree in fall color any old day. Well ... once in a while I enjoy the babes...
Gary
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:05 pm

I ve also posted the same reply under another topic i have no idea how it got in here ????
The other pic was taken in cornwall U.K .I had a greatish visit did the disney thing loved the fun stuff but didnt really like the area around the parks to many tourist places if you didnt want an all you can eat or a dollar mug you were stuffed got bored one day (were with the brother in law and his family zzzzzzzzz) so went for lunch in miami, had a walk went into miami ink then just drove down to the keys booked a motel and spent a couple of days chilling with the wife and kids (no in laws)had some nice food and wine met some locals and have to say enjoyed those days the most...(did like the coasters aswell) oh and kennedy and the everglades but must say although the area was quite tacky the guys and girls were all very hospitable :D
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:08 pm

On a further note one of my ambitions is to ride from canada down to the keys starting on the west coast going halfway down then across the middle to the east and down to the keys (might have to tell the wife just popping out for some milk)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Welcome and enjoy. You will love the Silverwing and a good dealership is worth everything. That was a big part of my decision on this bike. I loved my dealership and trust them.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:42 am

Ordered my Silverwing this morning - Delta Blue, leg-deflectors, heated grips, Honda mirror-extenders, Givi top-box rack, passenger back-rest and muffs.

It should arrive in the dealer's next Thursday and be ready for me to ride off towards the beginning of the following week.

Paperwork here is horrendous, hence the few days delay.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:16 am

MikeO wrote:
Ordered my Silverwing this morning - Delta Blue, leg-deflectors, heated grips, Honda mirror-extenders, Givi top-box rack, passenger back-rest and muffs.

Is that a 2010 model??

I see from this website http://www.fr.honda.be/content/motos/modeles_silver_wing_abs_couleurs.php?color=2 that you get a choice of three colors Suspect
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:23 am

2009 I assume, Bill.

Yes, choice of three colours and all available.

My X9s were both blue so I wanted to keep the same colour.
Second choice was black although it's more difficult to make it look clean.
I'm not keen on sliver.

It will have a name (sad, I know) as did the X9s (The Nautilus and Lilli)
Hercule is top of the list at the moment (as in Hercule Poirot, the Belgian detective).
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:55 pm

MikeO wrote:

It should arrive in the dealer's next Thursday and be ready for me to ride off towards the beginning of the following week.

Paperwork here is horrendous, hence the few days delay.

Nice on Mike.

Hopefully I collect my new 'Wing' on Tuesday morning.

What paperwork? I haven't seen any at all yet. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:00 pm

MikeO,

Congrats on the SWing and post some pics when you get a chance. I'm sure we would all like to se it.

Waspie,

Give us a report on yours too when you get it Tuesday and get a chance to ride. Pics are great too.

Congrats guys.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:07 pm

JeffR wrote:
MikeO,

Congrats on the SWing and post some pics when you get a chance. I'm sure we would all like to se it.

Waspie,

Give us a report on yours too when you get it Tuesday and get a chance to ride. Pics are great too.

Congrats guys.

Will do JeffR Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks, Jeff.
I'll try to get off it for long enough to take a snap or two!

Good luck for Tuesday, Doug.

Over here, the number-plate is allocated to rider, not bike, so forms have to be presented at the MOT station.

Passes the time! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:20 pm

MikeO wrote:
Thanks, Jeff.
I'll try to get off it for long enough to take a snap or two!

Good luck for Tuesday, Doug.

Over here, the number-plate is allocated to rider, not bike, so forms have to be presented at the MOT station.

Passes the time! Rolling Eyes

Don't mention time or Cornish Bob will be tick tocking all over the place. Laughing Laughing

August has been the slowest month I have encountered. I ordered my Silver Wing on the 7th and and time has just slowed right down. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:07 pm

LOL!

That's ages!!!!!

Mine should be at the dealer's on the 8th. so only 11 days.

Just as well, really, as I want to get used to it before my trip on the 18th.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:43 pm

tick................tock..................tick.....................tock but getting faster. cheers
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:13 am

MikeO wrote:
LOL!

That's ages!!!!!

Mine should be at the dealer's on the 8th. so only 11 days.

Just as well, really, as I want to get used to it before my trip on the 18th.

The wait was my choice Mike. Evil or Very Mad

It arrived at the dealers about the ninth of Aug. But as I had waited for a few months whilst saving for the thing I thought another few weeks wouldn't be too much!!!! This way I take advantage of the new 59 registration here in Blighty. Sleep I know registration snob!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:03 am

Ah, I see!

A cunning plan - I did the same when I bought Lilli.....and why not, I ask myself. cheers
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Well I am pleased to announce that as of 9:15 Sep 1st I am the owner of a new Silverwing.

Am I happy - Oh yes.

One niggle, when looking at the mirrors at speed there is a very fine vibration evident making rear vision almost nil. Other than that, initial thoughts - very impressed on many fronts.

More when I get a few more miles under me.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:17 pm

Waspie wrote:
Well I am pleased to announce that as of 9:15 Sep 1st I am the owner of a new Silverwing.

Congratulations.

Waspie wrote:
One
niggle, when looking at the mirrors at speed there is a very fine
vibration evident making rear vision almost nil.

I would suggest making sure the mirror is properly tightened ... otherwise a heavier bar end weight would help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 pm

honda_silver wrote:
Waspie wrote:

Congratulations.

Waspie wrote:
One
niggle, when looking at the mirrors at speed there is a very fine
vibration evident making rear vision almost nil.

I would suggest making sure the mirror is properly tightened ... otherwise a heavier bar end weight would help.

I second the bar weight...I had the same problem, and the manic salamanders Bill suggested resolved the problem.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:37 am

Congratulations, Doug!

Did you manage to sleep last night or did you spend the night riding, looking at it, polishing it?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:27 am

MikeO wrote:
Congratulations, Doug!

Did you manage to sleep last night or did you spend the night riding, looking at it, polishing it?

Sleep, no chance. (Only because I was working a 14 hour night shift) Evil or Very Mad

Looking forward to the 25 mile ride home though! bounce bounce Smile

Thank you for the advice on the vibration, I will pass on the symptoms and possible remedy to the dealer when I take it in for the first service in a wee while, (600 miles).
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:24 am

14 hours? Ye Gods!

Enjoy the ride home.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:56 am

Congratulations Doug. I know hat you'll enjoy the new 'wing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:32 am

Waspie wrote:

Thank you for the advice on the vibration, I will pass on the symptoms and possible remedy to the dealer when I take it in for the first service in a wee while, (600 miles).

You really don't need a dealer for the manic salamanders...they go on with a screw driver. It's very, very easy.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Got the money, got the Insurance, got to wait until Tuesday!

10.00. is the appointed time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:49 pm

MikeO wrote:
Got the money, got the Insurance, got to wait until Tuesday!

10.00. is the appointed time. Smile

Now who's an exited bunny!!!!!!

Ooooops shouldn't say bunny!!!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:52 pm

You know the feeling, Doug!bounce

How's your new beast?
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Good news Mike. Tick.............................tock Greetings From Europe! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Thanks, Bob.
The waiting isn't too bad since I've seen it and know when I can collect it, only three days away.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:35 pm

MikeO wrote:
You know the feeling, Doug!bounce

How's your new beast?

Apart from a niggly vibration I can feel through the footboard and appears visually in the mirrors over 60 - greeeeaaaaaaat!!!

Smile factor of 10+!!!! Laughing

However Mrs Waspie is taking longer to adapt. She finds it more uncomfortable than the Burger. Personally I think its a safety thing. The lack of pillion backrest is the issue as far as I can tell.

May invest in a Givi backrest at £37 for her!!!!

And may I add my own:-

Tick - Tock - - - - - - - -Tick - Tock.

Second by second the hands slowly went round, second after second until a minute passed then tick - tock!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Three longgggggggggg days Oh my god the wait!!!!

But think of the fun waiting for you Mike.

Doug
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Excellent!
Pity about the vibration - I expect you'll sort it out in time.

I've ordered the Givi backrest and will fit it next week.
The pictorial here is very clear so it should be straight-forward.

As for the ticking clock.........! :arrow:
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 am

24 hours to go!

I've ridden new bikes away from dealers before so am aware I need to be careful (scubbing-in tyres, etc) but are there any Silverwing-specific things to watch out for, please?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:27 am

From my simplistic perspective - Nope!

Hit the starter, 'rock' off the stand and open that throttle!!!!

My only observation was the diferent riding position, especially the narrower distance between the grips. Other than than Mike. Enjoyment all the way. Greetings From Europe! Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Europe!   Greetings From Europe! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings From Europe!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next