Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

HyperPro Springs - First Impressions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

HyperPro Springs - First Impressions Empty
PostSubject: HyperPro Springs - First Impressions   HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Bernardo:
I picked up my bike from the shop yesterday evening after they had installed the HyperPro Springs. I paid only $134.99 for the springs and the dealership charged me $238 to install them (a bit steep I thought), BUT, after riding on them this morning I have to agree with you, they are a fantastic improvement. I am a big rider and i used to get some pretty severe nose dive when braking hard into a curve and it felt pretty soft (mushy) when I would roll side to side or accelerate through a long sweeping high speed curve. If I pressed it, it was like I was riding on a razors edge - always on the verge of losing control. But no more. No nose dive while braking, it is tight and true through the sweepers, and really quite "flickable" in the twisties (at least compared to before). It still isn't close to a supersport bike, but it is pretty darn fun to ride. And I guess in a few weeks my wife will get over the fact that I just spent another $500.00 on my bike and begin talking to me again. In the mean time I will enjoy the silence and riding... Smile Be careful out there...
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: HyperPro Springs - First Impressions   HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:00 pm

Congrats on the HyperPro springs. I am so used to mine that I really forgot how much difference they made. Your excellent write-up made me remember. My dealer quoted "about $200" to install them. I did it myself and saved the $$. But I paid more for my springs. It seems like they have dropped about $50 in the last couple of years. It's a great mod and well worth the money IMO.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: HyperPro Springs - First Impressions   HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:21 pm

Excellent! Another true convert to modifying the Silver Wing and enjoying the difference! It really changes the handling characteristics for the better doesn't it?! Ok so it makes your wallet lighter as well, but the grin just gets wider.... Laughing

Why Honda don't fit them as standard, or at least offer an uprated suspension mod I really don't know..... Just aswell that hyperpro do them. Have fun!! bounce

If you want to make a further improvment you can get uprated rear shocks but they cost..... a lot..... However I found that with changing that front tyre to a michelin pilot sport, the handling gets even better, (with a bridgestone hoop on the back)...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: HyperPro Springs - First Impressions   HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Scootist,

They are a big improvement aren't they? I have had mine for over about 1 1/2 years and I wouldn't want to do without them. They give it more of a m/c feel when riding. I have told others that I think a new windshield is the first mod to do and the springs are the second. Tell us what you think when you ride some twisties somewhat fast. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HyperPro Springs - First Impressions   HyperPro Springs - First Impressions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HyperPro Springs - First Impressions
Page 1 of 1