Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

MOT Test Report

Go down 
+4
bikerboy
Tamjay
Winger61
MikeO
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:56 pm

As everyone on this side of the Pond knows, every motor-vehicle here has to have an annual safety check at a designated garage and without it the vehicle is not allowed to be on the road.

The first is when the vehicle is three years old.

I took the 'Stone Lion' in on Friday for its first test and was relieved to be given an MOT Certificate as it was up to standard.

I went to a garage about 10 minutes' drive away and was treated in a friendly and efficient manner.
The name of said garage is VP Motorcycles and I shamelessly recommend them to anyone with a motorbike living in the area.
The tester, the owner, was very interested in the Silverwing, was impressed I knew the actual engine-size and laughed with me when I said people ask about my 'ped' and I tell them it's very good up to about 115 MPH.
I think he was quite impressed as well as showing genuine interest as I said before.
I shall go there again.

VP Motorcycles are on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Mike, it's always good to hear of someone getting good service.
My local m/c dealer is much the same, a smallish operation, but efficient, professional, and fair with his charges. So fair, in fact, that I don't think I've ever paid full price for anything I've bought there!
I will always return, and recommend, anywhere, if I get good, fair service.
My local man is LMT Motorcycles.

Graham
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm sure the independents are often better than most of the dealers Graham.
I used to take my cars to a local garage in London and they were excellent.

In fact I've just remembered I took my car to a 'back-street' garage in Salisbury to have the CD player fixed and they charged me a ludicrously small amount but were again both friendly and efficient.
Back to top Go down
Tamjay
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tamjay

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-06-10

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:51 am

I'm very relieved that it got a clean bill of health, Mike:)  Mind you, I'd have been surprised if it hadn't.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 am

My dealer is good and not too pricey but I think that servicing and parts is where they make their money.  The other Honda dealer near me has several glossy showrooms, guess who's paying for that !!
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Interesting, I just looked over the MOT handbook for motorcycles and it's pretty close to the Texas state safety inspection.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Makes sense I guess.
When the Test was first introduced here it was just Brakes, Lights and Steering but it's grown over the years and even includes 'Advisories', things which could develop into problems but are not serious enough to warrant failure.
I had one Advisory for a little sharp stone embedded in the rear tyre which could conceivably work its way through and cause a puncture.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 pm

A lot of time advisories aren't anything to do with the MOT checks so they can't fail you on them. Usually it is things that the tester has seen whilst inspecting the vehicle. As an example I had an 'advisory' telling me that my power steering fluid level was low. Other times they are to warn you of things that would be a fail - tyre tread near the limit etc.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:36 am

Holy moses, ive looked everywhere and cant find a power steering fluid reservoir on the swing anywhere! Anyone know where it is ??  Smile
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:53 am

European model not US. US model has to have a cupholder fitted!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:44 am

The MOT also ensures we're not fitting illegal stuff like car tyres, headlight modulators, flashing LED rear light displays, horns that play "I wish I was in Dixie", assault rifle holders etc, and a beverage holder is a definite fail! Smile
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:20 am

I understand now. Just to be clear its the fjs model not the fsc model that has got the ps! Smile
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:27 am

Meldrew for a guy that dont like "junk" (your words) thats a pretty long list of add ons in your signature area!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 am

I suppose it is but isn't listing all that stuff what you do on US based forums, and of course the dummy lunchbox fuel tank doesn't exist. Rolling Eyes  Apart from the Airflow and Givi rack specific to the Silver Wing and the Dennis B sat nav mount, it's mainly all the junk I used on previous maxi scooters and motorcycles. I just fit what I need for a particular purpose and I bought the Ortlieb bags over 20 years ago. Other stuff I can easily remove when I sell the Silver Wing. The exceptions are of course the intercom system and the Garmin sat nav. It came in very handy when fitted with a micro SD card with USA mapping when we were in the Southwest last month.

Thankfully I've stopped drinking cold tea out of jam jars since returning home. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOT Test Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOT Test Report   MOT Test Report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOT Test Report
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: