Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi from a new member

Go down 
+5
matthew
Opalsboy
jdeereanton
Cornishman
NewScoot
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NewScoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
NewScoot

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Hi from a new member Empty
PostSubject: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:06 am

Hi Everyone,

I bought a new dark blue and silver SWing in 2006 and rode it a few kilometers that year, but it's been parked under a cover in my garage since then.

Today, I decided that I'd better get it out... of course the battery needed a charge, but after that it started up just fine. Tomorrow, I'll take it out for a careful ride.

that's it for now... this looks like a very friendly forum Smile Smile Smile

Don
Duncan, BC
Canada
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:38 am

Hi Don, welcome to the forum. Get out and enjoy the Wing
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:03 am

Don,

Welcome to the forum. Gee whiz man, you've probably got some beautiful scenery up there in BC. Get that thing out of the garage and enjoy riding.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Welcome   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:56 am

Don... glad to have you aboard. You are right about this being a friendly forum. Add what you can when you can.
My goodness, You need to get that scoot out and explore. You and I are close to the same age. I will be 65 in early August. I ride my 03 Swing everywhere. Can you tell us why you put the scoot up and haven't ridden it in about 3 years?
I look forward to reading your posts. Again I say welcome.

Gary
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:43 am

Welcome to the forum Don. I'm sure everyone would be interested to know - if you care to say - what made you store your S'wing for, is it 3 years? In any case, I sure hope you enjoy getting it back out, and riding as much or as little as you like.

I sometimes think about the beauty of BC (never been there myself) and how it would be to ride up that way. Very different from where I am.

Ride safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:45 am

Welcom to the forum Don.
Back to top Go down
NewScoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
NewScoot

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:49 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

There were a few reasons why I didn't follow up with my plans to ride more.

Firstly, I got very involved in learning to paraglide. That was really full time for one summer. And then a friend who I planned to ride with had to sell his bike due to health reasons. Finally I returned to playing golf after an 8 year hiatus... again pretty heavy commitment.

now.. off to the insurance agent Smile
cheers
Don
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Golf Man Coming...   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Hey Don... you HAVE been busy ... Be sure to take some pictures if you manage to get your golf bag in the trunk of your Swing.... Ride on...

Gary
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Don,

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it. Please post some pics of your bike and some of the rides you do up there. I'm sure we would all like to see some. You can create your own folder in the "album" section. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:00 pm

It is hard to have mulitple hobbies. I just love to ride at this point in my life. The nature and the views just fill me up emotionally. I can hardly stand to be on vacation I miss the riding so.
I'm heading up to my dad's on Lake Erie and I am already thinking of the riding time I will miss!
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:05 pm

welcome from :union jack: dont get the hobbies confused the wing will drop like a stone
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Coralee,
I know next to nothing about the geography of the Great Lakes, but it seem to me that from Oxford, Ohio to anywhere on Lake Erie would be in the one day's ride timespan???? Give it some thought!LOL

And a hearty welcome to Don. Old Dave of Western Nebraska is also a golfer and Silver Winger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:15 pm

This is "Old Dave" in Western Nebraska....Yes, I do like to golf as well as ride my Swing. The Swing is one of the finest bikes I've had the 'privilege' to ride. It's quick and will sure make people that are not familiar with it take notice. I am glad you have yours out of the garage after three years. Can't believe you let it set that long. Mine doesn't! Have fun and ride safe. You can see pictures of my 2005 in the photos section. Jon C and I had lunch together in CYS last week. We are about 200 miles from each other and this is about half way point. Still want to ride up through the Black Hills of South Dakota this summer sometime....Ride Safe Everyone
Back to top Go down
NewScoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
NewScoot

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:06 am

Hi again,

You guys and gals will all be pleased to know that I got the SWing out and went for a 100 km ride today. Smile

I was a bit nervous in traffic at first after not having been on a bike for 2 years, but it soon came back... now I'm telling myself... DON"T PARK IT AGAIN!!

thanks for the encouragement
Don
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:34 am

Good for you Don. I hope your riding continues to be enjoyable and safe for you.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Don,

That's good news. How did you like it? Keep riding as much as you can, the SWing is able to make people smile. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
NewScoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
NewScoot

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi Jeff,

I got out today for another 100 km... I'm lovin' it Smile

Yes, you are right the SWing does draw attention. I've had several people come up to me and ask about it... even the teen-aged kid at the gas station was ooohing and awing.

Don
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member   Hi from a new member I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from a new member
Page 1 of 1