Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Today at 9:04 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch   Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:32 pm

I'm trying to come to terms with doing Dr Pulley's, very pricey, HiT Clutch upgrade for my '03 S/Wing.

I've already installed the 28 gm Dr Pulley variator Sliders, but unlike JeffR, I'm getting poorer mpg's and higher operating rpm's. Impressive upgrate in variator performance & acceleration though.

So, my question is: Has anyone here actually installed the HiT Clutch and , if so, whaddya think?

Also; has anyone installed the Malossi variator Spring. What results did you notice?

Tim
'03 Silverwing, Cosmic Jumper
Philadelphia
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch   Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Tim,

You are getting worse gas mileage and higher rpm's? That is strange since I have read that others have gotten about the same results as I have. I read that a few people on the www.silverwing.org site was getting lower rpms' too. Can you tell us what your rpm's are before and after if you remember? Maybe they twisted as you put the variator back on. Just a thought though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch   Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:15 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
I've already installed the 28 gm Dr Pulley variator Sliders, but unlike JeffR, I'm getting poorer mpg's and higher operating rpm's. Impressive upgrate in variator performance & acceleration though.

Did you use dry lubrication on the sliders??

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
So, my question is: Has anyone here actually installed the HiT Clutch and , if so, whaddya think?

I have the HIT clutch but not installed yet. I have been measuring the custom map on the Power Commander, the next step is installing the sliders and then measuring and then the HIT clutch (have to investigate how to install the clutch).
Back to top Go down
RAYJASPER
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: HiT251706 for Silver Wing 600   Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:11 am

honda_silver wrote:
Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

Did you use dry lubrication on the sliders??

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

I have the HIT clutch but not installed yet. I have been measuring the custom map on the Power Commander, the next step is installing the sliders and then measuring and then the HIT clutch (have to investigate how to install the clutch).

Hi, does this mean you don't know how to install the HiT clutch?
did you ever dismount the original clutch from the driven pulley ? if yes, then you surely can install the HiT clutch easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch   Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Q: Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch
Page 1 of 1