Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

PCIII USB map?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
salaxan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
salaxan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PCIII USB map? Empty
PostSubject: PCIII USB map?   PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Hello my friends,
I want to test my SiWi with the PC 3 usb with several modifications in weights, exhaust, variators and clutch springs.
I don't have the money to go for dynotuning every time I change something to take the best result.
Can you please send me your custom map, for the tests until finish with the mods, and then will go for one time and make my custom map?

Thank you in advance for your answers. Smile
Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PCIII USB map? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCIII USB map?   PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:49 pm

What about trust in Honda technicians?

Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com
salaxan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
salaxan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PCIII USB map? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCIII USB map?   PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:35 am

eddy wrote:
What about trust in Honda technicians?

What about?
I didn't say anything bad, I try to cut the costs by doing all the job by me, after all the tutorials I have read in this forum!!
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PCIII USB map? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCIII USB map?   PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:04 am

I don't have a PC but have you tried the other maps that you can download from www.powercommander.com ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PCIII USB map? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCIII USB map?   PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:06 pm

I too have a Power Commander III.

On the recommendation of other posts here I'm currently using the Euro map for unmodified air intake & standard exhaust. Even though I am using a K&N air filter, Dr Pulley 28gm sliders and an upgraded Dr Pulley HiT clutch. With the PCIII I am also getting pretty lousy fuel economy but very impressive throttle response. Some of the poor fuel economy can be attributed to the winter fuel blend which we are supplied with during the cold months as well as the many short trips I use the scooter for during the "non touring months".

I am hoping that my fuel economy rises with the coming warmer months, better fuel, and the opportunity to do some steady throttle, high speed cruising. I'll continue to use the Euro map for a few more tankfuls as the weather improves and then may switch to the US fuel map to see if there is any 'dramatic' change.

Several members here have had custom fuel maps created, and have claimed much improved fuel economy & performance. While I've tried to contact them to see if they would share those custom maps, so far I haven't gotten any response.

Being on a fixed income I don't have the option of spending on dyno time for a custom map. Moreover there is no one nearby that I would trust to do that for me --which prompts me to do all of my own service work as well.

Tim

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PCIII USB map? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCIII USB map?   PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Tim,

What kind of mpg's are you getting. I have the Euro map in mine and I generally get about 50 mpg when riding on the interstate, but only if I keep it at 65 mph actual. When going 80 I am lucky to get 44-45 mpg.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PCIII USB map? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCIII USB map?   PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Jeff

This season I'm averaging in the low to mid 40's. As I mentioned I haven't had the scoot out for a long, steady-handed ride in many months though.

The Rule of Thumb has always been that any time you exceed 5000 rpm the mileage suffers dramatically. That holds true for using a standard rear tire. But if using a darkside tire the rpm-per-mph will drop though and the fuel economy will improve. After ~40,000 miles I had to retire my Sumitomo tire and went back to a standard m/c tire when my tire guy managed to destroy two Sumitomos trying to mount them.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PCIII USB map? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCIII USB map?   PCIII USB map? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PCIII USB map?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: