Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Michelin PowerPure Tires

Go down 
+20
RichG
moonshiner
wingmann
Chilliwing
yahooie
TWJ74
honda_silver
johnd
Nowun
"Hi Yo"
matthew
john grinsel
tracab
GHM-PM
Randy
Waspie
Old Limey
tarmacburner2
RArch
Jinglebob
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Greetings. Just a quick note to say that I just put on a set of Michelin PowerPures on my SWing. These are dual compound tires, with a harder formulation in the center of the tire for straight line resistance to wear and softer on the sides for increased traction while leaned over in turns.

Yesterday, I put 250 miles on the tires, both highway and twisties.

Very impressed with these. Would (and will) buy another set. For me, the handling far exceeded the Bridgestones which were on it...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 6:00 pm

toolboxjesse wrote:
I have the city grips on my Reflex and they are pretty capable tires. I'm kind of surprised they offer them for the Silver Wing- on the Michelin website only the Pure Power SCs are recommended. http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/tire-selector

BTW, only if you are comfortable doing so- inflate your tires a few pounds higher than the recommended pressure. I am not encouraging you to do this but in my case it has helped extend tire life, perhaps 500-1000 miles. I inflate to 40psi front and rear.

Jesse in Atlanta

Thanks Jesse. My dealer recommended the city grip. If you select Scooter tires on Mitchelin's web site you will see that the City grip is listed as coming in the 150/70-13 64s. I agree that by selecting the make and model of scooter only the Power Sc is listed. I'll try the city grip and if it doesn't perform for me I'll try something else next time. I always run my rear tire at 36psi (Honda spec) and front at 29psi. The front is wearing well.
Like I said, it has 2/32nd tread depth left on rear tire (which is usual replacement time). In Pennsylvania, where there is auto and MC inspections required yearly, the tires will fail if they are at or less than 2/32 depth. So I replace at that interval.
Do you run tires lower than that?
I Don't like to press my luck with tires.
Back to top Go down
agreat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Nice one cheers, it seems like oponeo have the best prices (sorry just watching J Dunlop on C4) now I want NOS or a Turbo??
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:06 pm

I had the city grips on my old Kymco 250 and they got me about 6k miles. I got the power pure delivered today and just looking and holding the tire I am not impressed. It feels flimsy and doesn't look like its any sturdier than a bicycle tire. The Pirelli actually only gave me about 5000 miles on it before I saw threads. The city grip was a great tire handles very well. I have a Metzler on the front and at 5300 it looks great and going strong. I am worried about this power pure. If I didn't need a tire so badly and didn't already have an appt tomorrow morning to get it installed I would send it back. The dealer only stocks the irc and charges $120. No way. Will report back soon
Back to top Go down
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ofer Rothmann

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Waspie wrote:
Need a bit more than 250 miles before I commit.

Maybe you could write a review after they have worn out. Mileage and wear rate on the centre and side walls.

But at least it is another tyre option to consider. Now to check if they are available in Blighty!!!

So, maybe i can shade some more light on these tyres....

I bought them on Feb 11th and they did 8,000 km (5,000 miles).
I drove them in the winter here and some very rainy day's and some very hot days. this is the best tyres i had so far!!!!
they grip perfect in dry and wet and they doesn't wear as much like my pirelli did.
I'm a little bit heavy with the throttle and I corner a lot in the traffic so my rear tyre should wear a lot.

I attached some pics i took today so you can see the shape they are in:
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 Photo_10
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 Photo_11tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 Photo_12tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 Photo_12
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Ofer Rothmann wrote:
Waspie wrote:

Maybe you could write a review after they have worn out. Mileage and wear rate on the centre and side walls.

But at least it is another tyre option to consider. Now to check if they are available in Blighty!!!

I drove them in the winter here and some very rainy day's and some very hot days. this is the best tyres i had so far!!!!
they grip perfect in dry and wet and they doesn't wear as much like my pirelli did.
I'm a little bit heavy with the throttle and I corner a lot in the traffic so my rear tyre should wear a lot.

I attached some pics i took today so you can see the shape they are in:
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 Photo_10
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 Photo_11tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 Photo_12tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 Photo_12

Thanks for the photos. I am feeling a bit better now about the tire now. In Florida during the summer we have weeks of 95 degree heat and then also days and weeks of heavy rain. I am hoping they hold up.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Ofer Rothmann: Thanks for the photos, they look like they are in great condition for 5000 miles. Could you measure the depth of the thread nearest the centre and the sides?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ofer Rothmann

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:48 pm

RArch wrote:
Ofer Rothmann: Thanks for the photos, they look like they are in great condition for 5000 miles. Could you measure the depth of the thread nearest the centre and the sides?

Sure,
I'll do it tomorrow .
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:50 am

yahooie wrote:
I need something that is a good wet tire that I can get a lot of mileage out of. Paying $100 for a tire and another $50 for mount and balance gets pretty expensive when u do it every 6000 miles and that's every 4-6 months. My commute is 50 miles round trip a day which is 1000 miles a month. Then there are all of the other trips, sons soccer, trips to the store and pleasure cruising. The Pirelli was only $60 and the Metzler was $80. I guess the deal on the Michelin for $50 won't be so bad if I get about the same life out of it. Has anyone tried the Dunlop SX01 tires?
I got Dunlop sx01 tires on my swing now , I only have about 1500 miles on them , so I can't comment on their longevity , all I can say is they feel like Dunlop's , soft and spongy even at full psi and they were a pain to get on the rims and get the beads to lock , and they are very round and true which made balancing easy and have a smooth ride , they appear to be a soft compound which makes for mountain goat like grip , so like all Dunlop's I have used in the past I expect them to wear out quick ...
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Moonshiner, thanks for the input. How many miles do you ride on them daily? I am just wondering because I put at least 60 a day so that makes a little more than 3 months and I am ready for tires again.
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:02 pm

my scoot is my main transportation , I live in the mountains its 30 miles to the nearest town , I don't ride every day but I usually average 500 to 1000 miles a month , I grocery shop , pay bills , ,go to DR appointments buy fishing supplies all on the scoot , I have rode as much as 1500 miles in one week at times , I usually go through a set of tires every six months , I have tried them all in the past , they all last about the same , not very long ,I have used more IRC's and Dunlop's than any of them , and I like them the best ,I don't like Diablos , or the metzeler free feel , I had a diablo that the belts broke in it and the tread separated from the carcass , I had a free feel that the sidewall separated and it started leaking air , both these tires still had legal/useable tread on them , every one complains about Bridgestone's , but I have never had one to fail and I have wore them down to slicks , the swing seems to be really hard on the rear tire ....
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:47 am

I think I will try the Hidenau next. They are a little more money but last one gave me 8000 miles on my old 250 where the others only gave me 5000. If I don't get much more out if that one then I may opt for a car tire. Can't afford $120 every 3-4 months. I don't know much about how the performance would be but honestly I am not racing or going through curvy mountain roads. I just need something that can give me high mileage.
Back to top Go down
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ofer Rothmann

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:49 am

Ofer Rothmann wrote:
Waspie wrote:

I know I took the tires a little bit to far... Embarassed they did a total of 18,000 km (11,200 miles).
Towards the end of their life they tend to get a little bit slippery (even in dry condition).
tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 <a href=tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 The_en10" />
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:05 am

I doubt if Waspie is still interested in your tyre unless he's lurking, he decided he'd had enough of this forum last year and last signed on in June 2013. Maybe he'll do a larryinseattle and come back under another name!

If you are having an occasional lurk Waspie, I hope you're well and enjoying retirement.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PowerPure Tires   tires - Michelin PowerPure Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michelin PowerPure Tires
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2