Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

First Ride on Silverwing

Go down 
+2
clay_in_co
GaryM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GaryM
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-12-27

First Ride on Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 pm

The foot of snow finally melted from the driveway and it was close to 50 deg F today in Massachusetts as I get home from work. I figure this is as good as its going to get for now, it is time to fire up that new to me '04 SW sitting in my barn. She came down off the center stand after a few tries. Now I paddle her around the barn getting the feel of the weight (I have only ridden the wife's 250 pound TaoTao 50 up to now). Now back up on the center stand, a little trickier motion but I think I got it down. I am so wired that I try to start it like a car (duh!) then I remember the button. Off the stand and here I go!

It is rush hour so to speak on my 40mph road. I throttle her up a bit and I am doing 40mph like it was nothing (the TaoTao is WOT always on this road). I get a tailgater and I give her some juice - YOWZA! Whatever sliders are in this CVT are going to be just fine for me!

I take her down a straight flat country road and open it up again just to feel that power. I would like to practice some slow speed turns but it is getting dark and I am freezing my face off in the open helmet. Back in the barn to wait for warmer weather! bounce
Back to top Go down
clay_in_co
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
clay_in_co

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 pm

I envy you that warm weather. Denver got up to 15F today and even if it wasn't for the cold, I still wouldn't be riding due to the snow and ice covered roads.

welcome

Here's to many more pleasant rides and may each ride be even more fun than the last!!! small moped
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 am

clay_in_co wrote:
I envy you that warm weather. Denver got up to 15F today and even if it wasn't for the cold, I still wouldn't be riding due to the snow and ice covered roads.

Totally understand that. Snow and ice covered roads for us are the exclusive province of my truck. even though the wife's car is FWD, prefer the truck for it.
Back to top Go down
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:42 am

If it's any consolation: over here snow, ice and freezing temps, too.
No SWing weather whatsoever Sad

Guess we have to be patient and wait till mother nature decides its scooter time again....
Back to top Go down
GaryM
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:03 pm

It might have a belt drive but it is no snowmobile!

I was really lucky to get a quick ride, many winters my gravel driveway is covered with a layer of ice until well into April and I wouldn't even want to walk a heavy scooter over it.

Gary M
Back to top Go down
Burgieman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 pm

I have been most fortunate this season. Have probably done a couple hundred miles since the first of Jan. I do however have the luxury of the gerbings heated stuff which really takes the bite out of 18 to 20 degree days. I would caution others though, that all the plastic is very brittle in the cold, and can crack or break easily when one gets too throttle happy speed wise, and hits a sharp bump in the road, similar railway crossings and etc. One of several reasons Corvettes become scarce in cold weather
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:37 pm

We're expecting our first snow of the season early tomorrow morning (most years we don't get any worth talking about). The county is in panic mode so I will see if the SUV (Land Rover Freelander) comes into its own again. I'm keeping a watch on out Met Office rainfall radar ...
Back to top Go down
clay_in_co
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
clay_in_co

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Our second or third snow of the season melted off and now it's nice again. Rode into work this morning, 18F, but will be near 50 this afternoon. At least we don't have the rain that many of you folks across the pond get. Here on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it seems like it rains about three times a year. We have to replace the wiper blades on the car once a year or so when the dry rot gets too bad.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Snow's here! We got about 6". Usual chaos ensued.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Silverwing   First Ride on Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Ride on Silverwing
Page 1 of 1