Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Swing Audio

Go down 
+7
Thebreen
kbcmdba
tinman
toolboxjesse
Silverwing28681
waterboy
Regio
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Regio
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Regio

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-04-25

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:50 am

I had been debating on what type of audio system to add to my Swing. After reading reviews and comparisons, I decided on a Boss MC400 System. They are relatively inexpensive and are waterproof and relatively easy to install. I got mine on Amazon for less than $60, incl shipping. In the box are two high-impact, waterproof speakers with mounting brackes and hardware, prewired volume control, and an amp. The wiring harness is already made. All you have to do is run the wiring and decide where you want the speakers and amp to live. I like this system b/c once installed, all I have to do is plug it into my ipod and enjoy. I don't like the way external, handle bar mounted speakers look. No offense to anyone that has them, but I'm more of a minimalist, and most speakers are geared toward cruisers. I mounted the amp in the left glove box and drilled thru to run wiring up to the handlebars. I mounted an On/Off switch ($5 at auto supply store) on the handle bars. The vol control lives under the left brake fluid res. The power wire runs along the left side of the bike and along the frame, zip tied and secured. I used the ground on the left side of the frame and ran the hot wire up to the battery. I put a 5 amp fuse in the circuit just before hooking up to the battery. Now for the speakers....let me just say deciding where to hide them took the longest time. I went to wally world and bought a $20 leather handlebar bag and modified it to hold both speakers. The speaker wiring runs thru a hole drilled in the knock out plug under the ignition and thru the hole in the left glove box to the amp. Every thing has grommets and is secured to be as water proof as possible. I ran a nylon webbed strap through the leather straps on the back of the bag and wrapped it around the handlebars. I still haven't decided if I'm going to leave it like this, and am still contemplating mounting it to the plastic. I just hate drilling into the bike and want to be triple sure before I make anymore changes that I can't undo. I don't have pics now, but will post some when I do. I hope this helps someone.
Cheers!
Regina
Back to top Go down
waterboy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 am

That sounds cool. I admire your ingenuity. Would love to see some pics sometime.
WB
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 am

I second that like to see the sound system, thanks
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:05 pm

I built an audio system for my Honda Reflex a few years ago and realized that: 1: the sound quality was very poor at highway speeds. 2) It's rude to force people to listen to whatever i was listening to. I know have a bluetooth headset and I'm much happier for it.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:16 pm

I installed a Shark 250 watt audio sYstem on my Swing . All the wires under the tupperware .I mounted the water proof speakers on the glove box . You can see it in my photo album. The amp radio is in the left glove box the power and controls are on the left brake box , I have a CD player inside a belt pouch secured by the gas cover. This a very power full system. Smile $115.oo
Back to top Go down
Regio
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Regio

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-04-25

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:49 pm

I posted a couple of pics on my gallery page.
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:52 am

I get around the issue by using a Motorola S305 headset. It allows me to listen to Pandora and have a phone call though not at the same time, of course. It fits snugly under my HJC IS-Max though the helmet already has stuff for Chatterbox inside. Works while riding and talking... :-)
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
Thebreen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:01 am

toolboxjesse - what kind of bluetooth headset do you have - i am interested but i get a lot of wind buffeting and i dont think i would hear very well at speeds above 45 mph (especially with my stock windshield and 3/4 helmet with face shield - i am going to get a taller windshield and also have been looking at new helmets.....
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:26 am

I currently use a Parrot SK4000. It has a few flaws but some nice features and I use it every day for my 2 hour commute. I listen to Pandora in the morning and talk radio through Tunein radio on my smartphone. It's also great for turn-by-turn navigation directions and receiving phone calls.

Jesse
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 pm

I use a Motorola S10-HD stereo bluetooth headset. I can listen to stereo music, and can take a call. The stereo ear pieces is enough to block out most noise. With care, it fits under my Bell helmet. I am also able to hear emergency vehicles.
Back to top Go down
CVan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:59 am

tinman wrote:
I installed a Shark 250 watt audio sYstem on my Swing . All the wires under the tupperware .I mounted the water proof speakers on the glove box . You can see it in my photo album. The amp radio is in the left glove box the power and controls are on the left brake box , I have a CD player inside a belt pouch secured by the gas cover. This a very power full system. Smile $115.oo

Ditto. I just installed the Shark 250 stereo with all wires under the tupperware but I put the amp into the right glove box, mounted the speakers on the glove box lids with velcro. (It can be unplugged and locked away if I feel the need to.

Anyway, I am blown away with the quality of the sound for the price. (I paid $91.00, but I saw it on sale for $88.00 recently.) Doing 70 MPH next to a semi on the 65 listening to the Moody Blues "Nights in White Satin", all the strings come through crisp and clear. Unbelievable for the price.

Chris
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 am

I twisted the speaker brackets to face my helmet. I bolted and 2 way tap them on . The last thing I want to do is to try to cache the speakers will navigating through a ruff patch . glew will separate from the lids . affraid
Back to top Go down
CVan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:21 am

tinman wrote:
I twisted the speaker brackets to face my helmet. I bolted and 2 way tap them on . The last thing I want to do is to try to cache the speakers will navigating through a ruff patch . glew will separate from the lids . affraid

Hi Tinman. I did not use the brackets. they are poorly designed for this purpose. I used a piece of industrial Velcro cut to match the size of the bottom of the speaker. They are quite secure this way. I have used this Velcro on my airplane, RV's and motorcycles for many years and I have never had a problem with separation if the surface is properly prepared prior to application. (Using the industrial rated type) I also did not like the idea of drilling holes in the lids as this is where I store all of the electronics, and did not want holes in the lids if I should decide to remove the speakers in the future.
Back to top Go down
balazsfiviorel
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
balazsfiviorel

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-01-27

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Regio wrote:
I posted a couple of pics on my gallery page.

I can not see pictures Sad
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm kinda stuck. Since I ride a Shadow, don't want to install anything as it's kind of a pain. Went with Scala G4 headset. Sound quality's pretty good as it adjusts a bit based on speed (how, I don't know.) Looking to get a Victory later and the Cross Country Tour has a radio installed. Rode one in Phoenix and it adjusts itself based on speed as my headset does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swing Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing Audio   Swing Audio I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swing Audio
Page 1 of 1