Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

12v aux jack

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:57 am

Hi, I'm considering buying a 2002 SW. One thing I was curious about was that in a write up on it by a review site there was mention of a 12v aux jack but I also read a user review that said that there was not one but just a hole where it was supposed to be. Can you shed some light on this?

Also, I already know about the recall to the rear wheel, but is there anything else I should be concerned about for this model year?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:22 am

mshest,

RE 12v Aux Jack - Only the SilverWings sold in the US (possibly Canada) do not come with the 12v Aux Jack installed from the factory. All other sales markets have the 12v Aux Jack already installed in the left storage bin. The storage bin in the US models do have the hole already in the location, but as you stated there is a rubber plug placed in the position to provide a moisture seal. The seal can be removed and an aftermarket 12v Aux Jack placed in the position. But the wiring must also be routed as it is not included in the wiring harness of the US model.

RE Other Concerns - Write down the VIN and go to a Honda dealership. The dealership can tell you if there are outstanding recalls or if the recall has been performed on that particular bike. Or use this link: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/01/honda/index.html. It is a good idea to rely on the dealer for the final authority, at least in this instance. They do have an interest in the bike being road worthy from a recall standpoint.

I don't know of any other year (2002) specific concerns. As in all things - the condition of any specific item is dependent on the care and maintenance of the previous owner(s) along with the quality of materials and workmanship.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:26 pm

I've thought about added a 12vt plug on my bike for when I travel. But not sure if I would really use it. My cell will stay charged for a few days and so does the computer. The people who have them, do you really use them?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:31 pm

driftwoodpoint wrote:
I've thought about added a 12vt plug on my bike for when I travel. But not sure if I would really use it. My cell will stay charged for a few days and so does the computer. The people who have them, do you really use them?

All the time.

Cellphone (great for emergencies - when you used your phone more than you thought you would) and heated jacket liner.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:36 pm

I use mine to supply power for my GPS and MP3 player. Also it supplies the power for my tyre inflater at home.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:55 pm

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it. sunny

DennisB
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:31 pm

Cornishman wrote:
Also it supplies the power for my tyre inflater at home.

I knew I was forgetting something very important!!!

I also use it for my Cyclepump 12V air compressor.
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:54 pm

I use aux power for GPS, cell phone charger, camera battery charging, 12V compressor, and for my heated gear.

I installed a 12v aux power socket under the seat. At the time, I didn't want to fuss with running wires and trying to install the socket in the glove compartment. My lockable glove compartment is usually full with gloves, sunglasses, and I also use it to lock up my electronics when I get of the bike. I decided underneath the seat was more practical for me.

However, when I got heated gear and heat-trollers I wanted to be able to plug them into the panel rather then fiddling with a pig tail dangling from under the seat. I fabricated and installed a pair of 12V coax aux power jacks on the instrument panel just below the ignition for a convenient place to plug in my heat-trollers. GPS)
Back to top Go down

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Wow! I can't even imagine a heated vest Embarassed ~see this little guy as warming up.
Boy on the cold days that would really be Heaven!
Back to top Go down

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Just to answer the Canadian model question - no, they don't have the 12 volt aux installed. Thinking of installing - Tom had the procedure as well as a parts listing under his Winter's Projects, I believe.

Captain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

12v aux jack Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12v aux jack   12v aux jack I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12v aux jack
Page 1 of 1