Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just saying 'Hello'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Okiedolkle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Okiedolkle

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Just saying 'Hello' Empty
PostSubject: Just saying 'Hello'   Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 4:42 pm

G'day everyone. My name is Homer and I'm from Allentown, PA. This past tuesday at 11PM EDST, I took delivery of a 2002, Red Honda SW scooter complete with a Danson Trike kit. If you recently have been chk'g scooters For Sale websites, you may have come across the trike listed on the WestCoast PowerSports website or the Cycle Trader site (it may still be there). Needless to say it has been quite a learning experience for me since my other cycles & scooters were TWO wheeled. Because of the conversion kit, you might say the machine is a "4" wheeler - three in the back and one in the front. Oh yea, Im 65++ (72) so I guess you might say I am going thru my third childhood (or maybe- post, post male menopause). Smile
Attachments
Just saying 'Hello' Attachment104335110_1thumb_550x410.jpg
Photo from Cycle Trader site
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(40 Kb) Downloaded 20 times
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Just saying 'Hello' 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Just saying 'Hello'   Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:25 pm

applause Nice! applause
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Just saying 'Hello'   Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 am

Hey Homer,

Welcome to the site and your SWing looks great. How do you like the ride on it? It seems the people who have the trike kits seem to really like them. We have a few members with trikes here.
Back to top Go down
Okiedolkle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Okiedolkle

PostSubject: Re: Just saying 'Hello'   Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:53 am

JeffR_ wrote:
Hey Homer,

Welcome to the site and your SWing looks great. How do you like the ride on it? It seems the people who have the trike kits seem to really like them. We have a few members with trikes here.

Hey JeffR,
Glad to hear there are other "trike-ees" (I just made that up) on this site, and, I like the trike ride very much. (I do miss the leaning thru the curves & turns that you have with 2 wheels).
Back to top Go down
Okiedolkle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Okiedolkle

PostSubject: Re: Just saying 'Hello'   Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Okiedolkle wrote:
JeffR_ wrote:
Hey Homer,

Hey JeffR,
Glad to hear there are other "trike-ees" (I just made that up) on this site, and, I like the trike ride very much. (I do miss the leaning thru the curves & turns that you have with 2 wheels).

Hi again, JeffR

An update on the ride. I was reading a post on another forum and learned that my outrigger tires had too much air pressure. Mine came w/22 lbs. According to the post:

"Mike from Danson just emailed back that they put 10-12 lbs in the outriggers from their factory. Anything more and the ride is stiff and bounces."

So I have reduced mine to about 16 and what a difference in the ride. The cornering was easier and the ride much softer. After the tires cool, I'm going to lower them to 12.

Homer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just saying 'Hello'   Just saying 'Hello' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just saying 'Hello'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: